PDA

View Full Version : Gender Based Abortion.

Sev
06-01-2012, 06:41 AM
Not that I really care all that much about abortion itself.
However I find this pretty amusing.
The democrats have killed a bill that would penalize abortion based on gender.
Its nice to know we have more in common with our comrades in China than previously thought.

Now this should be an interesting experiment on the "War on Woman".
The unintended consequences could be striking if much like the Chinese, Americans prefer to have sons over daughters.

Quite amusing indeed if it turns out that females are less desirable than males in America.

The irony of course will be that woman will be making that decision. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
06-01-2012, 07:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not that I really care all that much about abortion itself.
Its nice to know we have more in common with our comrades in China than previously thought.

The unintended consequences could be striking if much like the Chinese, Americans prefer to have sons over daughters.

Quite amusing indeed if it turns out that females are less desirable than males in America.

The irony of course will be that woman will be making that decision. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

Since this phenomenon doesn't even exist as a practice in this country, the Repiglican who introduced this Bill, has only proven yet again, that Repigloiocans are misogynists, and in fact, have launched a war on Women's rights, just as they have on Gay rights.

Repiglicans have voted against every single Bill that would create equal rights, from what women are paid, to their access to their constitutional rights to control their own bodies. This is just another tactic to demonize women.

Let them continue to offend and try to deny constitutional rights of women, Gays, and obstruct this election with their continuing purging of African Americans, and other ethnic groups, from the voting booths across this country.

Women, Gays and ethnic groups are watching.

G.

Sev
06-01-2012, 07:38 AM
So your saying with 100 percent assurance that no babies in America have been aborted solely on the basis of gender?

Thats quite a claim.

Gayle in MD
06-01-2012, 07:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So your saying with 100 percent assurance that no babies in America have been aborted solely on the basis of gender?

Thats quite a claim. </div></div>

I am saying that no such trend exists in this country, nor do I believe that any doctor would agree too take part in such actions.

I am also saying that this is just another veiled attempt by Repiglicans to demonize women, and try with yet more slander and absurdity, to remove women's cocnstitutional right to control their own bodies.

G.

Sev
06-01-2012, 07:59 AM
How naive.
Why should a doctor care what they are yanking out from between a woman's thighs?
He/she is doing their job within the legal frame work and being paid to do so.

I would remind you we have many immigrants from countries where this practice is acceptable and supported. Since multiculturalism seems to be so important to the left it would follow that this cultural activity would begin to seep into the US culture.

Sev
06-01-2012, 08:05 AM
From 2008

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/editor...nted_daughters/ (http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2008/04/06/choosing_to_eliminate_unwanted_daughters/)

Most Americans rightly regard sex-selective abortions as odious; in a 2006 Zogby poll, an overwhelming 86 percent of Americans agreed that such abortions should be illegal. But they're not illegal - and as economists Douglas Almond and Lena Edlund indicate in the latest issue of PNAS, they are now occurring in the United States, too.

Almond and Edlund examined the ratio of boys to girls among US children born to Chinese, Korean, and Indian parents. For the first children of these Asian-American families, the sex ratio was the normal 1.05-to-1. But when the first baby is a girl, the odds of the second being a boy rose to 1.17-to-1. After two sisters, the likelihood of the third being a son leaped to 1.51-to-1. This is clear "evidence of sex selection, most likely at the prenatal stage," the authors write. Prenatal sex tests for pregnant women are now available earlier, more cheaply, and more conveniently than ever, "raising the prospect of sex selection becoming more widely practiced in the near future."

Gayle in MD
06-01-2012, 08:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How naive.
Why should a doctor care what they are yanking out from between a woman's thighs?

I would remind you we have many immigrants from countries where this practice is acceptable and supported. Since multiculturalism seems to be so important to the left it would follow that this cultural activity would begin to seep into the US culture. </div></div>

No such trend exists in this country.

It is another Repiglican lie. More propaganda designed to remove a woman's constitutional right to control her own body, and make her own decisions, in the privacy of her relationship with her doctor.
It is none of your, or any other person's business what she does.

G.

Sev
06-01-2012, 08:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How naive.

I would remind you we have many immigrants from countries where this practice is acceptable and supported. Since multiculturalism seems to be so important to the left it would follow that this cultural activity would begin to seep into the US culture. </div></div>

No such trend exists in this country.

It is another Repiglican lie. More propaganda designed to remove a woman's constitutional right to control her own body, and make her own decisions, in the privacy of her relationship with her doctor.
It is none of your, or any other person's business what she does.

G. </div></div>

I not overly concerned with what she does.

However a trend in gender selective abortion does bring a certain moral question into the equation as well as one of discrimination and perchance civil rights.

I would think even the most staunch pro choice individuals would feel uncomfortable at such a prospect.

llotter
06-01-2012, 08:29 AM
I'm thinking that it should be okay to abort liberals no matter how long they've been outside the womb if you can identify the malformed gene with resonable certainty.

Sev
06-01-2012, 08:30 AM
HAHAHAHA!!!

Gayle in MD
06-01-2012, 08:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm thinking that it should be okay to abort liberals no matter how long they've been outside the womb if you can identify the malformed gene with resonable certainty. </div></div>

We all already knew that you were all for murdering those who did not obey your personal views, women and doctors who were following their constitutional rights, and any other poor soul who might have been in the neighborhood of a clinic.

You told all of us for years in every post.

G.

cushioncrawler
06-01-2012, 05:46 PM
Abortion shood be kompulsory.
And shood be legal up to say 10 yrs after pregnancy.
mac.

Soflasnapper
06-01-2012, 07:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not that I really care all that much about abortion itself.

The irony of course will be that woman will be making that decision. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

Personally I find this a horrible reason to abort a fetus, but in my view, that little proto-guy or proto-girl is not a human until viability, so it's neither a legal nor moral issue for me.

The problem with this particular bill is that it would required the doctors to report on patients whom he thinks are engaging in the practice, on whatever mind-reading evidence can be imagined.

And subjecting a doctor who does this, even unknowingly, to criminal penalties, as I understand it.

We do not need to have the docs spying on women during the physician relationship. It's a trojan horse, to force docs to snitch.

Anyone who opposes a nanny state should find this offensive.

Sev
06-01-2012, 07:22 PM
I dont agree with the bill either.

However premeditated aborting due to gender should make people a bit uncomfortable.
It puts a different light on it when you know the gender and somebody says, "Its female? I want it dead".

Kind of reinforces the suspicion that society finds the female gender disposable.

Soflasnapper
06-02-2012, 09:41 AM
I agree. But the bill is perfectly calibrated to demagogue anyone who opposes it-- hey, THEY WANT gender based abortion, and here's the proof, as they oppose this bill.

Sadly, if a charge can be made in one sentence, and the reason the charge is wrong takes a paragraph of explanation, the American people cannot follow the longer explanation when it's up against a bumper sticker slogan of some power, even when it's wrong.

Sev
06-02-2012, 04:36 PM
They should leave well enough alone.

However if gender based abortion becomes popular and predominantly it becomes females that are aborted it will be interesting to see how the feminists react to this.
It will be a conundrum for them.

Soflasnapper
06-02-2012, 06:39 PM
True dat.

However, a simple fix is available.

Assuming this will be concentrated in immigrant populations from places where this is a current practice (I guess mainly from Asia), there could be mandatory sterilization for all of them, good for three birds at once-- no gender based abortions, no abortions at all, and fewer non-white births!!!

A modest proposal! [/Jonathan Swift mode]

Sev
06-02-2012, 06:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">True dat.

However, a simple fix is available.

Assuming this will be concentrated in immigrant populations from places where this is a current practice (I guess mainly from Asia), there could be mandatory sterilization for all of them, good for three birds at once-- no gender based abortions, no abortions at all, and fewer non-white births!!!

A modest proposal! [/Jonathan Swift mode] </div></div>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!