PDA

View Full Version : Norquist Whines about Jeb Abandoning Pledge

DiabloViejo
06-03-2012, 06:12 PM
Grover Norquist Whines About Jeb Bush Abandoning The Anti-Tax Pledge (VIDEO)
June 3, 2012
By Stephen D. Foster Jr.
Addicting Info (http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/06/03/grover-norquist-whines-about-jeb-bush-abandoning-the-anti-tax-pledge-video/)

http://www.addictinginfo.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/grover.jpg

Remember when The Daily Show destroyed (http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/02/29/the-daily-show-destroys-grover-norquist-with-think-tank-of-twelve-year-olds-video/) anti-tax guru Grover Norquist with a think tank of twelve-year olds? In that segment, a group of kids were asked about the feasibility of pledging to never raise taxes under any circumstances, even if the country needed to. The group of twelve-year olds agreed that Norquist’s pledge is irresponsible and damaging to the nation. It seems that adults are now following in the lead of these children. Republicans such as Steve King (R-IA), Tim Johnson (R-IL), Jeff Fortenberry (R-NE), Charles Boustany (R-LA), Mike Simpson (R-ID), Frank Wolf (R-VA), among many others have all blasted the pledge, and earlier this week, former Florida Governor Jeb Bush also rejected the Norquist pledge.

The general consensus among this group of Republicans is that the Norquist pledge ties the hands of members of Congress, preventing the necessary compromise that moves the country forward. Such a pledge also creates dead-lock and fierce partisanship that puts the nation in danger as it did during the debt ceiling debate last year when Republicans refused to accept any plan that included even the slightest tax increase on the wealthy. Even closing tax loopholes has been rejected by Republicans. Jeb Bush told the House Budget Committee that by signing such a pledge, Republicans have “outsourced their principles” and are beholden to one man instead of the American people as a whole.

This didn’t sit well with Grover Norquist, who promptly went on the Situation Room on CNN to whine about Jeb Bush’s remarks, saying that Bush “stepped in it” and insulted Mitt Romney, who has signed the pledge.

Grover Norquist: “[Bush] went on to kind of insult Governor Romney because Governor Romney has made a written commitment to the American people saying, ‘when I get to Washington I’m not going to raise taxes. The problem is too much spending and we’ll reform government and we’re not going raise taxes, so when I go and see a problem in Washington like Obama’s overspending, I’m not going to raise taxes, I’m going to reduce spending.’ And unfortunately what Jeb Bush said was that that was outsourcing his principles.”

Here’s the video: YouTube (http://youtu.be/tUnLI6rQ7_o)

As most sane elected officials will say, raising taxes is sometimes necessary to help solve the problems of the nation. Even Ronald Reagan raised taxes eleven times to deal with debt and deficit issues. Refusing to even consider tax increases is a dangerous policy stance, especially when spending cuts alone will not solve the nation’s debt crisis. The only spending problem this country has is on defense. What this country really has is a revenue problem. The Bush Tax Cuts alone have robbed the government of trillions of crucial revenues that would pay for the many programs Republicans seek to destroy.

<span style="color: #000099">Grover Norquist is an unelected official who doesn’t care that a majority of Americans want to raise taxes. This makes Mitt Romney all the more dangerous because he will be controlled by Norquist. This is, of course, what Norquist has always wanted after all. During a CPAC speech earlier this year Norquist suggested (http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/02/24/grover-norquist-says-conservatives-should-vote-for-a-candidate-they-can-use-as-a-puppet/) that conservatives elect a President who will be a puppet. If Mitt Romney is elected President, the will of the American people won’t matter because Norquist will be the puppet master.</span>

http://www.addictinginfo.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/romney_puppet.jpg

Gayle in MD
06-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Excellent Post.

So, wonder why it took ol' Jeb all these years to speak out against these fools signing a pledge that endangers the entire country?

Could it be he knows that Romney, even if he were to win, won't last? Not that I think romney could win, legally, that is, remember 2000. Winning an election, isn't usually the way Repiglicans get the White House.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The general consensus among this group of Republicans is that the Norquist pledge ties the hands of members of Congress, preventing the necessary compromise that moves the country forward. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Such a pledge also creates dead-lock and fierce partisanship that puts the nation in danger as it did during the debt ceiling debate last year when Republicans refused to accept any plan that included even the slightest tax increase on the wealthy. Even closing tax loopholes has been rejected by Republicans.</span> Jeb Bush told the House Budget Committee that by signing such a pledge, Republicans have “outsourced their principles” and are beholden to one man instead of the American people as a whole.

</div></div>

And Repiglicans are about to put the country at risk, AGAIN, over raising the debt limit!!!

As for ol' Jeb, while I'm glad he is speaking out against the unprecedented obstructionism which we have witnessed by the
Repiglicans, who have thrown the entire recovery and the country under the bus, for their own political purposes, I wouldn't trust another Bush, ever. I believe he is just saying what he thinks he should say, in order to have a shot at 2016. But then, I've been around long enough, and watched Repiglicans for long enough, that I wouldn't vote for ANY Repiglican, ever.

G.

eg8r
06-05-2012, 06:29 AM
LOL, I can't wait to hear about this "pledge" a year from now when all the idiot lefties forget that not all Reps backed it.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-05-2012, 08:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, I can't wait to hear about this "pledge" a year from now when all the idiot lefties forget that not all Reps backed it.

eg8r </div></div>

Typical embroidering, when it is well known that the vast majority of Repiglicans did sign the pledge.

G.

eg8r
06-05-2012, 08:48 AM
LOL, again you failed to comprehend what was posted.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-05-2012, 09:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, again you failed to comprehend what was posted.

eg8r </div></div>

As Q., Sofla, Diablo, Stretch, Wolfdancer, Hondo and others have tried to tell you, many times, YOU CAN'T READ, nor are you able or willing to follow the gist of what others write, hence, posting with you is a total waste of time!

G.

eg8r
06-05-2012, 11:55 AM
LOL, so you list a group of lefties as your evidence. Good try.

eg8r

LWW
06-06-2012, 04:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, so you list a group of lefties as your evidence. Good try.

eg8r </div></div>

What did you expect?