PDA

View Full Version : Repiglicans Block Equal Pay

Gayle in MD
06-06-2012, 09:57 AM
No surprise they are continuing their war on women, which, as always, they totally deny. They pulled out their usual cry, TRIAL LAWYERS!!!! OMG!

What good is the law, if Repiglicans continue to use this absurd TRIAL LAWYERS :o, excuse to block equal rights!

They surely don't mind using TRIAL LAWYERS to throw elections, or to commit torture, or to protect corruption and greed!

Always against justice, the misogynistic Repigs voted unanmously against the Pay Equity Bill, and vow to filibuster if it is brought up.

Hence, divorced women who are raising children, widows, with or without children, our women veterans with children, all single mothers, all working women, will have to work under discrimination against them, and settle for 77 cents, for every dollar that any man doing the same job, is paid, all because they are women.

The financial inequality over the course of a woman's working life, is extensive, to say the least.

REPIGLICANS ARE ALWAYS AGAINST EQUAL RIGHTS UNDER THE LAWS!

How do they have the nerve to even utter the word, "CONSTITUTION"
???????????????????
G.

eg8r
06-06-2012, 11:10 AM
LOL, Pelosi is currently leading the war on women.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Nancy Pelosi has always stood for equal rights.

She has been a constant supporter of women's rights, gay rights, and ethnic rights, throughout her service to this country.

Additionally, she was one of the most successful Speakers of The House, in history, if not THE most successful, hence, Repiglicans hate her.

Lying about her principles, however, doesn't change the facts, or her constant support for women's rights.

G.

eg8r
06-06-2012, 01:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nancy Pelosi has always stood for equal rights.
</div></div>Except for when she is paying her own staff. At that point women are low on the payroll totem poll.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-06-2012, 01:59 PM
There is no proof of that whatsoever.

Just another of your wild, untrue, unproven, partisan lies.

See, that's the difference between having partisan preference, and being an all out lying partisan HACK. I don't make up accusations, unless I have some documention on them, or at the very least, done my best to find out what the actual truth is, before I post anything.

Some, like you, just throw out lie after lie, while offering no proof of the accusation, whatsoever.

That's what is called a HACK, FYI.

G.

eg8r
06-06-2012, 03:30 PM
You aren't even the sharpest kindergartner on the slow bus are you.

San Fran Nan Pays Women $26,606 LESS Than Men on Her Staff (http://capoliticalnews.com/2012/05/31/san-fran-nan-pays-women-26606-less-than-men-on-her-staff/) <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to publicly available salary data at the website Legistorm, Pelosi’s female employees earned an average annual salary of $96,394 in fiscal year 2011. Male employees earned $123,000 on average, a difference of 27.6 percent.

The gap is even larger if calculated using the median salaries for men and women. For Pelosi’s female employees, the median annual salary was $93,320 in 2011, compared to $130,455 for male employees—a difference of $37,135, or 40 percent.

Pelosi’s entire staff—men and women—earned an average annual salary of $108,150 and a median salary of $114,662. By both measures, women made considerably less.

</div></div>

eg8r

Sev
06-06-2012, 05:17 PM
Nobody deserves equivalent pay if they have not earned it through experience, seniority, education, certification, continual presence on the job and merit.

That being said. People of equivalent qualifications applying for the same job should not expect their starting salaries to be determined by race or sex.

Gayle in MD
06-06-2012, 09:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nobody deserves equivalent pay if they have not earned it through experience, seniority, education, certification, continual presence on the job and merit.

That being said. People of equivalent qualifications applying for the same job should not expect their starting salaries to be determined by race or sex. </div></div>

WOW! Just WOW! I agree with every single word you wrote!

Miracles do happen, lol.

I would only add to that, that in the reverse, no one should expect to settle for less pay, than a man recieves for performing the same job, at an equivalent level of performance, due to their race or gender.

G.

Gayle in MD
06-06-2012, 09:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You aren't even the sharpest kindergartner on the slow bus are you.

San Fran Nan Pays Women $26,606 LESS Than Men on Her Staff (http://capoliticalnews.com/2012/05/31/san-fran-nan-pays-women-26606-less-than-men-on-her-staff/) <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to publicly available salary data at the website Legistorm, Pelosi’s female employees earned an average annual salary of $96,394 in fiscal year 2011. Male employees earned $123,000 on average, a difference of 27.6 percent.

The gap is even larger if calculated using the median salaries for men and women. For Pelosi’s female employees, the median annual salary was $93,320 in 2011, compared to $130,455 for male employees—a difference of $37,135, or 40 percent.

Pelosi’s entire staff—men and women—earned an average annual salary of $108,150 and a median salary of $114,662. By both measures, women made considerably less.

</div></div>

eg8r </div></div>

Apparently you are far worse off than I am, which I already knew, BTW.

From the original site:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Our congressional staff salary data comes from the official records of the House and Senate.

The amounts shown are not annual salaries but gross salary payments made during the periods shown.

Congressional staff salaries shown are the amount paid in the period shown. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>They are not annual salaries.</span> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Because bonuses may be included here and other payments may not be (most notably with aides working for multiple offices or for a political campaign committee), please use caution in extrapolating annual salaries from the figures shown here. </span>
</div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Sev
06-07-2012, 06:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nobody deserves equivalent pay if they have not earned it through experience, seniority, education, certification, continual presence on the job and merit.

That being said. People of equivalent qualifications applying for the same job should not expect their starting salaries to be determined by race or sex. </div></div>

WOW! Just WOW! I agree with every single word you wrote!

Miracles do happen, lol.

I would only add to that, that in the reverse, no one should expect to settle for less pay, than a man recieves for performing the same job, at an equivalent level of performance, due to their race or gender.

G. </div></div>

Its not a miracle Gayle. I have always believed this. I have never understood differences in pay based on race and gender.

I have had woman performing roof installations with me. Physically they may not have been able to carry the same amount of materials but they worked a lot harder than some of the guys I have worked with.
Enthusiasm and doing the job efficiently and correctly count for a lot in construction.

They were always compensated suitably for their work.

Plus female construction workers are fun to work with.
Jesus the conversations. I laugh just thinking about it.

eg8r
06-07-2012, 08:54 AM
LOL, you are a joke. They are gross salary payments made during the period shown. That means for that period, based solely on sex, the woman made CONSIDERABLY less money. Way to go Pelosi. You are holding back woman and gaylio defends your right to do so.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-07-2012, 08:58 AM
LOL...good thing to know about you, Sev.

When my daughter was seventeen, she made up her mind she was going to find a summer job, making no less than six bucks an hour, and with some overtime. Now this was back in 1980, I think.

She came home one night and told me that she had taken a job with an asphalt company. When she told me the name, I realized it was a company owned by the husband of my cousin, once removed. My daughter didn't know this, and I decided not to tell her, or my cousin.

Interestingly, I ran into my cousin, during that time. We had sort of lost contact, during our busy mothering time of our lives, and she invited me to spend a week with her and her two sisters, in Ocean City, at her ocean front condo,.... I had always liked all of them, and one of them had continued in my life as a very good friend over the years, as we had been good friends as young girls, but, of course, she had a different last name from her sister's married name, so no connection was made by my daughter.

I never told her that my daughter was working for her husband's raod construction company, but during the week, her 23 year old son, who also worked in the company, (he was my daughter's road crew supervisor)stayed out on the beach with me, talking late one evening, and since the summer was about over, and my daughter was heading to William & Mary, in the fall, I told him about my daughter.

Basically, my daughter had been digging ditches the whole summer. It had been a very hot summer. When she would arrive home in the evenings, she would be soaked through, and totally spent!

I couldn't stand watching it! Several times, I have to admit, I tried to get her to just do some extra stuff around the house for the same amount of money, and quit that job! In fact, it came around to my begging her to quit! I even tried to get my husband involved. LOL...he refused, at first, but even he made the same offer, on his own, before long.

But she turned us both down!

Anyway, when I told my cousin's son, that she was my daughter, he was blown away! His exact words were, "OMG, she's your daughter! She is the hardest working employee on my crew!

The interesting part of this story, is that when she applied for her first job, after college, at Fox News, in Washington D.C., her boss told her one day at lunch that when she had read on the re'sume' where she had worked the summer between high school and college, and the job description, that had been the information which cynched the job for my daughter as manager of business office, in the News Department.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Good example of one time when the failure of my motherly influence and wishes, brought about a very good result!

"More tears are shed over answered prayers, than unanswered ones."

Truman Capote'

Gayle in MD
06-08-2012, 01:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, you are a joke. They are gross salary payments made during the period shown. That means for that period, based solely on sex, the woman made CONSIDERABLY less money. Way to go Pelosi. You are holding back woman and gaylio defends your right to do so.

eg8r </div></div>

You are ignoring the admonishment, right on the Congressional site, against using the data as it is presented, and given the reasons why it shouldn't be used that way.

G.

eg8r
06-08-2012, 07:12 PM
I am not ignoring anything. In that time period, for the same work, Pelosi held back women and you applaud her for doing so.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
06-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Congratulations on your newly more polite style in expressing your wrong conclusions. Making progress!

eg8r
06-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Nothing wrong at all with the conclusion.

eg8r

Sev
06-09-2012, 07:05 AM
Sounds like one hard working daughter you have there. Good for here. I've dug ditches and layed asphalt. No fun there. Worked for a fence company for years. The moto was. Dig a hole fill it in.
I hate digging holes.

I had this girl Bonnie working with me once. Pretty lithe. small frame. Worked as an electrician, plumber framer and such. She cleaned up very pretty. Well spoken but when you got her going she was a combination of Alice and a truck driver. Hysterical when you were not on the receiving end.

We were doing a roof on this particular day. Now she always like to wear ratty cut off jeans. Not a problem. Its roofing after all. Well these jeans were in particularly bad shape.
We are loading the roof with shingles. She grabs what she can carry and I grab a bundle. Up the ladder she goes and I am right behind her.
I hear rrrrrrrrrrrrip. I look up and her jeans had turned into a skirt. And she is going commando.
We had a moment of silence.
First thing out of her mouth. "Your looking up my ass arent you.
My answer.
Ah yup. And it aint nothing I havnt seen before. Keep it moving.
To which she replied, "You f**king bastard.".

I started laughing so hard I thought I was going to fall off the ladder.

It put a new meaning on the roofers saying. "I dont want to see anything but asses and elbow's".
I cant imagine why she tried to shoot me in ass with a nail gun. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

After she got done chasing me around the roof for a few laps in her new jean skirt. Me all the while laughing. We improvised and made a skirt out of a shingle wrapper and finished out the day.
After that we went to another job site to look at a roof repair. A style of roofing I had no experience with and she did.

Yup. A tenacious hard working woman and dam fun to work with. Every once and a while we bump into each other and have a good laugh.

Oh and she played a mean game of pool. 5 rating on the APA.

Yah she had a habit misadventures. One time she was working at De Niro's place in Millbrook. They got her fired up and she was rant about if De Niro had a problem she wasnt scared of him and he could go f**k himself.
The hole crew was just staring at her with eyes as big as pie plates.
De Niro had sneaked up behind her. She was mortified and De Niro just laughed.

Gayle in MD
06-09-2012, 07:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nothing wrong at all with the conclusion.

eg8r </div></div>

You need to look up the definiation of extrapolate.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Another time when you jumped on a headline, without first educating yourself sufficiently enough to know what you are talking about, before you post it.

Seems that is a rightie thing around here.

G.

eg8r
06-10-2012, 01:28 AM
LOL, it is funny to see this post of yours. Hypocrisy at its best. The problem is that neither you nor sofla want to admit that Pelosi is holding back women. She is laughing in your face as you defend her right to do so. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r &lt;~~~laughs at gaylio along with Pelosi

LWW
06-10-2012, 02:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am not ignoring anything. In that time period, for the same work, Pelosi held back women and you applaud her for doing so.

eg8r </div></div>

Did you catch that we have a confession that FOX news hires people on merit and not ideological background.

Did you also catch te timeline?

Started college in 1980 ... took first after college job at FOX news, which wasn't started until 1996.

LWW
06-10-2012, 02:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am not ignoring anything. In that time period, for the same work, Pelosi held back women and you applaud her for doing so.

eg8r </div></div>

Yes you are. The regime telling you to believe what you are told to believe while ignoring reality ... and you are refusing to comply.