PDA

View Full Version : Tha Last Straw.

Qtec
06-07-2012, 06:03 AM
The facts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The new administration stood shoulder-to-shoulder with its Bush predecessors in continuing the frame-up and cover-up. This was part of a "look forward, not backward" mantra that President Obama articulated most famously in avoiding accountability for Bush-era torture and cover-up. But events make clear that the cover-ups obviously applied also to Bush political prosecutions...

Siegelman, whose Karl Rove-inspired prosecution helped gut Alabama's once-competitive Democratic Party, served nearly a year of his term before release on bond when whistleblowers and legal experts helped show in 2007 and 2008 that he had been targeted for political reasons. As trial judge, Fuller paved the way for conviction with <span style='font-size: 17pt'>innumerable pro-prosecution rulings that ignored clear-cut legal irregularities plus allegations of monumental scandal</span>.The prominent, blunt-speaking Alabama businessman Luther "Stan" Pate has said his fellow Republicans clearly framed Siegelman. But Fuller, Rove and the vast bulk of other politicians and judges have denied wrongdoing or irregularities. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What am I not getting here? My understanding of the political process, post-high school text book, is that you have two sides lined up against each other - the two party system - and each side takes care of its own. If the people on either sides see themselves being thrown to the wolves, chaos results. People will not invest lifetimes working their hearts out for the party.

Anyone who reads me much knows I am not happy with the Democratic Party, but if there is a Democrat I always liked, it's Don Siegelman.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>I thought it was beyond clear that Siegelman's prosecution was political, masterminded by Karl Rove.</span> Would Republicans join in the persecution of one of their own? Or is it just a Democrat thing?

Maybe the better questions are: Does anyone remember who Don Siegelman is, or what he did for this crew? Where is the heart? Is that all there is, my friend? </div></div>

I can forgive Obama alot of things because he didn't have control of the circumstances but this?

Having followed the Siegelman persecution for years, there was some hope that Obama would rectify this and send the corrupt Republican conspirators to jail but no.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> In the rough and tumble of Alabama politics, the scramble for power is often a blood sport. At the moment, the state's former Democratic governor, Don Siegelman, stands convicted of bribery and conspiracy charges and faces a sentence of up to 30 years in prison. Siegelman has long claimed that his prosecution was driven by politically motivated, Republican-appointed U.S. attorneys.

Now Karl Rove, the President's top political strategist, has been implicated in the controversy. <span style='font-size: 23pt'>A longtime Republican lawyer in Alabama swears she heard a top G.O.P. operative in the state say that Rove "had spoken with the Department of Justice" about "pursuing" Siegelman, with help from two of Alabama's U.S. attorneys.</span>

The allegation was made by Dana Jill Simpson, a lifelong Republican and lawyer who practices in Alabama. She made the charges in a May 21 affidavit, obtained by TIME, in which she describes a conference call on November 18, 2002, which involved a group of senior aides to Bob Riley, who had just narrowly defeated Siegelman in a bitterly contested election for governor. <u>Though Republican Riley, a former Congressman, initially found himself behind by several thousand votes, he had pulled ahead at the last minute when disputed ballots were tallied in his favor.<span style='font-size: 26pt'> After the abrupt vote turnaround, Siegelman sought a recount.</span> <span style="color: #3333FF">[ELECTION FRAUD ?????]</span>
]The Simpson affidavit says the conference call focused on how the Riley campaign could get Siegelman to withdraw his challenge.</u>

<span style="color: #3333FF">A sworn statement, not some anonymous guy called Mike on a bus.</span>

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1627427,00.html#ixzz1x6jN6mCl

The Siegelman case is the clearest case of political prosecution as you will ever see and Obama just threw him under the bus.</div></div>

Q.....disgusted

Soflasnapper
06-07-2012, 08:29 AM
A travesty of justice. The first time, and now.

I doubt this is Obama's free choice, and suggest he lacks free choice in many matters we may find perplexing. Not on national security matters, however. I think he's fully on board with those decisions. As to the coverup of what went on before, I think he's under orders he's extorted to follow because of blackmail or other threats.

Gayle in MD
06-07-2012, 10:42 AM
We still have the corrupted Bush Department of justice in full force.

Republicans have obstructed appointments, to keep it that way, as they have by far, the most to hide.

The Supreme Court, refused to hear this case.

Republicans will obstruct as long and hard as they can, because they MUST keep Karl Rove, Bush and Cheney, and their minions, off the witness stand, as this case would lead directly to that, and would have long ago, if our DOJ had not been politicized and corrupted to the core, by the Bush Administration.

If this president is re-elected, that will change, IMO.

They can't continue to obstruct his presidency, with the same power, if he wins re-election.

There is no doubt in my mind, that the president knows what he's up against, with the DOJ.

I spent the whole morning researching this matter, and now, my hummingbirds probably think I died last night. I have to get of here and make their sugarwater....LOL...now they hate Q. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

My computer just died when I tried to cut and paste the important links to this story...now I have to start all over the pull up everything I found, but it blew my mind.

MyFiredoglake, had a lot of it, and an attorney, in Alabama, who never stopped defending this guy, had loads of mind blowing information, about this, and the Bush Administration.

I'll be back...

Later....

G.