PDA

View Full Version : Rick Scott now more unpopular in FL than LeBron??

Soflasnapper
06-09-2012, 04:59 PM
First, LeBron is UNpopular, in FLORIDA??? That is news to me. Sure, I know there is a hatred in the country for him, but here? I am stunned to learn of this.

On the other hand, any poll may be an outlier, and I'd look for other polling on LBJ's popularity before necessarily believing this.

Somehow, I don't have the same skepticism about Gov. Skeletor's approval rating, but I may be somewhat biased on both questions. I admit it. LOL!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A new poll conducted by the Democratic-leaning Public Policy Polling shows Florida Governor Rick Scott, with a 31 percent approval rating, is less popular amongst Floridians than the highly polarizing Miami Heat star LeBron James, who pips Scott with a 32 percent rating.

If Scott’s poor approval rating wasn’t enough, the new poll also shows he is 12 points behind the first declared Democratic candidate for the 2014 governor’s race, State Senate Minority Leader Nan Rich, who holds a 47 to 35 lead in a hypothetical race. Even worse, Rich has only 14 percent name recognition amongst Floridians, “giving credibility to the theory that literally anyone could beat Scott in 2014,” the report writes.

Scott’s 31 percent approval rating is not the worse he has polled—in December he was the least popular governor in the country with a 26 percent approval rating. LeBron’s favorability is up from 22 percent last July.

The poll also shows that, like Obama and voters in several other states, some Florida voters have undergone an evolution on their gay marriage views. Support for legalizing same sex marriage has grown by 5 points since last October, though same-sex marriage opponents still lead supporters 45 to 42 percent. The state has both a law and constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage. </div></div>

Here, scroll down to Friday posting (http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel.html)

eg8r
06-10-2012, 01:59 AM
I have rarely find a non-Heat basketball fan that likes Lebron? Sure there are some, I guess 32%, but they are always few and far between. There is more to Florida than Miami so maybe that is why your view of Lebron is skewed.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
06-10-2012, 10:22 AM
Good point, and of course, we have our interstate rivals the Orlando Magic up in central FL, perhaps a more likely favorite team for the center and north of the state than rooting for the SoFla Miami Heat.

Not to mention the cracker population, who probably do not appreciate a very rich and not so modest black guy.

The degree to which this is so, based on the polling, still stuns me, however.

eg8r
06-10-2012, 04:25 PM
Well, look on the bright side, no matter what people think, he had a monster game 6 to keep them in it.

I think the Finals are going to be more interesting with the Heat than the Celtics but now I will be rooting for Durant. While I don't harbour the extreme dislike for Lebron anymore, it still pleases me to see him fall short.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
06-10-2012, 04:40 PM
I am gratified and sincerely congratulate you on leaving those negative emotions about LeBron behind you. Hating others only harms you, is the way I think of it anyway.

Besides, it will now prevent further trauma whenever LeBron does something good, as when the Heat steal game 1 and put the screws to the OKC's cool.

I hate the 2-3-2 format, because it's an instant pressure cooker for whichever team loses at home first, either the home court advantage team or the other. It doesn't seem fair compared to the 2-2-1-1-1 format used throughout all the other preliminary series, even the conference finals.

They SAY it is to minimize travel. It's probably entirely to put the pressure on and make the series more exciting than it already would be. Which it does, I guess, but still... Another reason why the Finals are more pressure-packed than the other series with the other format, but they'd be that, regardless.