PDA

View Full Version : Need Homeopathic info on treating cancer in my cat

Sev
06-10-2012, 08:56 AM
Hoping someone can give me some aid in this area.

Late last year my cat was diagnoses with diabetes. After several months of battling it through change of diet and insulin I managed to kick start his pancreas again and as of January he has not had another injection.
Victory was declared and all appear to be well.

At his Dec visit to the vet no tumor was in evidence.
Recently Kitty was acting funny so I took him to the vet last monday. She discovered a mass by his intestines that was not there previously.
Because of the cats age and finances surgery and chemo are not on the table. I am not sure I would put him through that in any case.

The vet prescribed prednisolone to help shrink the tumor and make Kitty feel better.
Of course its not a cure.
I have an appointment with a Holistic Vet on the 18th. Meanwhile I am attempting to get ahead of the curve.

I have been doing research on the homeopathic/holistic approach.

I currently have him on turmeric and astragalus.
I have an order of Meeker Red Raspberry extract on order.
I am also looking to get Transfer factor plus.
Both of which appear to be powerful in stimulating the body in fighting off cancer cells.
Several people have contacted me with personal stories involving themselves or their pets and have had impressive results.

I am also looking to see if olive leaf extract it safe for felines.

Other supplements I am looking at are.

Flax oil.
Echinacea.
Ashwagandha.
Milk Thistle.
Reishi Mushroom.
Shitake Mushroom.
Selenium.
Burdock root.
Mistletoe.
Cats Claw.
Silica.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Soflasnapper
06-10-2012, 10:10 AM
I went to a nutritional seminar for 15 CEUs for my license, and heard Dr. King (ND, DC) talk about homeopathy and his product line for about 6 hours.

His site, King Bio, here. (http://www.kingbio.com/)

Check this out for a product pertinent to your situation.

In a very lengthy catalogue, I saw he has products for cancer, and perhaps particular cancers as well.

When my Great Dane had cancer, I used the flaxseed oil plus cottage cheese (for its sulfur content), which is the prescription from the '50s research described as follows:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Budwig Diet

The Flaxseed (Linseed) oil diet was originally proposed by Dr. Johanna Budwig, a German biochemist and expert on fats and oils, in 1951. Dr. Budwig holds a Ph.D. in Natural Science, has undergone medical training, and was schooled in pharmaceutical science, physics, botany and biology. She is best known for her extensive research on the properties and benefits of flaxseed oil combined with sulphurated proteins in the diet, and over the years has published a number of books on the subject, including "Cancer--A Fat Problem," "The Death of the Tumor," and "True Health Against Arteriosclerosis, Heart Infarction & Cancer."

Dr. Budwig found that the blood of seriously ill cancer patients was deficient in certain important essential ingredients which included substances called phosphatides and lipoproteins, while the blood of a healthy person always contains sufficient quantities of these essential ingredients.

She found that when these natural ingredients where replaced over approximately a three month period, tumors gradually receded, weakness and anemia disappeared and life energy was restored. Symptoms of cancer, liver dysfunction and diabetes were alleviated.

Dr. Budwig then discovered an all natural way for people to replace those essential ingredients their bodies so desperately needed in their daily diet. By simply eating a combination of just two natural and delicious foods not only can cancer be prevented but in case after case it was
actually cured. (These two natural foods, organic flax seed oil & cottage cheese) must be eaten together to be effective since one triggers the properties of the other to be released.)</div></div>

Here (http://www.cancure.org/budwig_diet.htm)

Best wishes for your cat to improve. Sorry to hear about that.

Sev
06-10-2012, 11:28 AM
Thank you.
He's a great little cat and has been a wonderful companion to us. He is going to leave me someday. However I would prefer it not being from being eaten alive from the inside.

Have not gotten to the flax seed oil as of yet. Its been proposed to me several times. I'm getting information overload.
I'll give it a read.
Not sure on the cottage cheese. I have read conflicting reports on whether it is safe for felines or not.

Soflasnapper
06-10-2012, 12:04 PM
I don't know of its safety for felines, either.

What it's needed for is the sulfur content, and maybe that can be from a different source?

Sev
06-10-2012, 12:19 PM
I am sure sulfur can had from multiple sources.
Of course some are probably better than others. However it is a matter of the source not being toxic to cats.

Sev
06-11-2012, 06:05 AM
Looks like the flax seed is safe.

I just have to watch for what else they add to anything I buy. Certain stabilizers while not harmful to humans cant be said to be so for cats.

Have you ever looked into olive leaf complex?

Soflasnapper
06-11-2012, 10:05 AM
Nossir.

nAz
06-11-2012, 10:31 AM
sorry about your cat sir, i hope he is not suffering.

http://943cksy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/cat-copter.jpg

?

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSj_ir7Ekmd3WLqdMS7eM8lyOcqRcUKW 9x4f7fhT1pqbpjpj06S

Gayle in MD
06-11-2012, 10:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hoping someone can give me some aid in this area.

Late last year my cat was diagnoses with diabetes. After several months of battling it through change of diet and insulin I managed to kick start his pancreas again and as of January he has not had another injection.
Victory was declared and all appear to be well.

At his Dec visit to the vet no tumor was in evidence.
Recently Kitty was acting funny so I took him to the vet last monday. She discovered a mass by his intestines that was not there previously.
Because of the cats age and finances surgery and chemo are not on the table. I am not sure I would put him through that in any case.

The vet prescribed prednisolone to help shrink the tumor and make Kitty feel better.
Of course its not a cure.
I have an appointment with a Holistic Vet on the 18th. Meanwhile I am attempting to get ahead of the curve.

I have been doing research on the homeopathic/holistic approach.

I currently have him on turmeric and astragalus.
I have an order of Meeker Red Raspberry extract on order.
I am also looking to get Transfer factor plus.
Both of which appear to be powerful in stimulating the body in fighting off cancer cells.
Several people have contacted me with personal stories involving themselves or their pets and have had impressive results.

I am also looking to see if olive leaf extract it safe for felines.

Other supplements I am looking at are.

Flax oil.
Echinacea.
Ashwagandha.
Milk Thistle.
Reishi Mushroom.
Shitake Mushroom.
Selenium.
Burdock root.
Mistletoe.
Cats Claw.
Silica.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
</div></div>

Sev,
I am really so sorry about your cat.

I wish I had some good info for you, but I have never had a cat, only dogs in our family.

I sure hope he gets better.

If I were you, though, I would keep him quiet, and the first thing I would do is take away all of his ammo!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Soflasnapper
06-11-2012, 12:03 PM
On full auto, as we see it is, any clip is spent in under a few seconds. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sev
06-11-2012, 12:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nAz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sorry about your cat sir, i hope he is not suffering.

http://943cksy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/cat-copter.jpg

?

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSj_ir7Ekmd3WLqdMS7eM8lyOcqRcUKW 9x4f7fhT1pqbpjpj06S

</div></div>

Saw that the other day.
My cat will not be transformed into a helicopter.
Pretty ingenious though.

Sev
06-11-2012, 12:12 PM
Thanks Gayle.
He is not in any discomfort that I can tell.
Still has a good appetite.
He has a mass growing inside him. It could be benign.
I am looking to manage its size if not get rid of it entirely.
Some of what I am reading is very promising.

Gayle in MD
06-11-2012, 01:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Gayle.

</div></div>

Good luck..... and may I ask you what may sound like a completely unrelated question?

Do you, or have you ever lived near one of those long tracts of land where the really tall power lines are lined up?

G.

Sev
06-11-2012, 01:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Gayle.

</div></div>

Good luck..... and may I ask you what may sound like a completely unrelated question?

Do you, or have you ever lived near one of those long tracts of land where the really tall power lines are lined up?

G. </div></div>

Absolutely not!!

Gayle in MD
06-11-2012, 01:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Gayle.

</div></div>

G. </div></div>

Absolutely not!! </div></div>

Ok, good then.

It's just a little personal survey I do when family pets turn up with tumors.

Also, talk to your Vet and ask him if there are any free animal clinics, or Vets who perform free operations on animals, near your area.

Some Vets actually do this out of their love of animals. He just might know one like that.
You can also contact PETA, for the same kind of information.

G.

Sev
06-11-2012, 03:59 PM
I'll check into it.
However prognosis for an operation was not positive due to location and age.

Gayle in MD
06-11-2012, 10:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll check into it.
However prognosis for an operation was not positive due to location and age. </div></div>

OIC, sorry.

G.

Sev
06-12-2012, 05:20 AM
Good news is I should have the Red Raspberry extract tomorrow and start treating him with it.

I have several people tell me of positive results with its effect in relation to tumors and other maladies.

I am cautiously optimistic at the moment.

Gayle in MD
06-12-2012, 06:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good news is I should have the Red Raspberry exytract tomorrow and start treating him with it.

I have several people tell me of positive results with its effect in relation to tumors and other maladies.

I am cautiously optimistic at the moment. </div></div>

Good. I hope it works. I'm pulling for your cat. What's the name of the cat, anyway, did I miss that?

Our animals are members of our family, that's for sure. I hope things improve.

G.

Sev
06-12-2012, 06:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good news is I should have the Red Raspberry exytract tomorrow and start treating him with it.

Good. I hope it works. I'm pulling for your cat. What's the name of the cat, anyway, did I miss that?

G. </div></div>

Kitty.
He was on the street and got past me one day when the door was open. Headed right to the bed on the second floor. Been with us ever since.

Gayle in MD
06-12-2012, 07:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good news is I should have the Red Raspberry exytract tomorrow and start treating him with it.

G. </div></div>

Kitty.
He was on the street and got past me one day when the door was open. Headed right to the bed on the second floor. Been with us ever since. </div></div>

Awe! That's funny because I nearly called him Kitty in my last post. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sev
06-12-2012, 07:04 AM
The picture is a few years old.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t278/Sevelli/100_0416.jpg

Gayle in MD
06-12-2012, 07:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The picture is a few years old.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t278/Sevelli/100_0416.jpg </div></div>

Awe, too cute. He does seem to have a bit of a "Don't Tread On Me" look in his eyes, huh? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

G.

Sev
06-12-2012, 07:55 AM
HAHAHAHAHA!!!