PDA

View Full Version : Headed back to the UK.

eg8r
06-10-2012, 05:17 PM
The trip hasn't started off as great as I hoped. I spent 6 hours waiting on a broke door to be fixed in Dulles. Then spent the night only to wake up for 6AM flight to Chicago where I have spent 15 hours. Hopefully my 9 PM flight to London takes off without a hitch and my luggage which is in Dulles gets on its plane and meets me out there.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
06-10-2012, 08:42 PM
??? That sucks!

I'd say it has got to get better, but that tends to jinx me when I say it about my circumstances. So no mention of that! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Godspeed the rest of your journey.

cushioncrawler
06-11-2012, 07:47 AM
Back in the uk, back in the uk, back in the uksr.
mac.

eg8r
06-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Well, it got worse alright but United appeased me. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I was scheduled for the 9PM flight. At around 7:30 I had a weird feeling so I went up to the agent in the United Club and asked them to verify I was still checked in for the flight. She said no that they removed me off that flight and put me on standby for a flight that was currently boarding. I sort of flipped out and ran down to that gate. Sure enough there were no more seats (none on any of the planes) and I was definitely kicked off the one I was supposed to be on. One of the agents though was quite calm and promised to put me back on the flight I was originally on. Not sure what happened to the person they put in my seat but sure enough I had a new boarding pass and my seat was mine again.

So fast forward 10 hours and I get to London to find out my bags have not left DC (mind you I was in Chicago and my bag never followed me) and I "should" have it the following day.

Oh well, no sense complaining any more. I am here, my company is buying me some clothes so I can go to work so all is good. Time to enjoy my last trip over here for a little while.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
06-11-2012, 12:01 PM
So fast forward 10 hours and I get to London to find out my bags have not left DC (mind you I was in Chicago and my bag never followed me) and I "should" have it the following day.

Unfortunately, I thought I saw that one coming!!

Oh, well.

All's well that ends well! -- Wm Shakespeare

Gayle in MD
06-11-2012, 02:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So fast forward 10 hours and I get to London to find out my bags have not left DC (mind you I was in Chicago and my bag never followed me) and I "should" have it the following day.

Unfortunately, I thought I saw that one coming!!

Oh, well.

All's well that ends well! -- Wm Shakespeare </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Unfortunately, I thought I saw that one coming!!

</div></div>

<span style="color: #990000">So did I. It's called Karma. </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

Sev
06-11-2012, 04:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Oh well, no sense complaining any more. I am here, my company is buying me some clothes so I can go to work so all is good. Time to enjoy my last trip over here for a little while.

eg8r </div></div>

I recommend Armani.

eg8r
06-12-2012, 03:55 AM
LOL, well Armani was not an option. I went sensible and shopped at Tesco and ASDA (Walmart). /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

The great news is that my bag arrived in London and will be delivered to my hotel by 6PM tonight. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
06-12-2012, 03:57 AM
Yeah it sucked but working through it has not been too bad. I have been over here 3 times now and this is the first time I have had a problem. Maybe next time I will pack a change of clothes and stuff them into my backpack. Hind sight is 20/20. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Besides that, it is cold and rainy. I can handle the rainy but seriously, does it need to be this cold in June?

eg8r