PDA

View Full Version : EX FL Gov Denies Pay-offs to cover up gay affairs.

DiabloViejo
06-10-2012, 07:00 PM
<span style="color: #000099">Why is it that it's always the homophobic GOP'ers that get caught up in these scandals? </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

Former Florida Governor Charlie Crist Denies Charges That He Paid To Cover Up Gay Affairs
June 9, 2012
By Ann Werner
Addciting Info (http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/06/09/florida/)

http://www.addictinginfo.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/CHARLIE-CRIST-GAY-large.jpg

On Friday, Tampa Bay local station WTSP produced documents asserting allegations that former Florida Governor Charlie Crist paid two men to cover up gay affairs. The documents were obtained in relation to an investigation of Jim Greer, the former Florida Republican Party Chairman.

Greer was arrested on charges of fraud, felony grand theft and money laundering in June 2010. His attorney, Damon Chase, maintains that Crist was aware of the scheme, known as Victory Strategies, from the start. The function of the shell organization was to divert party money in order to enrich Greer and the party’s former director Delmar Johnson III. Chase asserts that the deal, which gave them a 10 percent cut of party donations, was legal and that then Governor Crist’s former right hand man, George LeMieux, whom Crist subsequently appointed as Senator to fill the seat vacated by Mel Martinez, was the person who proposed the plan on the grounds that it would save the party money by paying a commission rather than the $30,000-a-month contract to fundraiser Meredith O’Rourke. When asked about it in the wake of the arrest, Crist, who was then an independent candidate for the open Florida U.S. Senate seat, denied knowing about Victory Strategies until after Greer had resigned his post in January 2010. However, according to Chase, in February 2009 Greer was told by then Governor Crist, “You guys work hard. You deserve it.”

A Florida Department of Law Enforcement Investigative Report reveals details of an exchange between Chase and John Morgan, whose law firm employs Crist.

Warning: graphic language quoted

Chase had contacted Morgan, as Chase believed Morgan was the attorney representing Crist, to set up a time wherein Chase could depose Crist. In essence, indicated to Morgan that if he (Chase) had to take Crist’s deposition, Crist was not going to like what Chase asked as it would contain embarrassing things and would be used to impeach his testimony. When Morgan inquired what embarrassing things Chase was referring to, Chase indicated that he would be forced to impeach Crist by addressing the following issues:

1. Charlie Crist was a homosexual and had homosexual relationships with at least two men who were paid to leave the state to avoid embarrassing then Governor Crist.

2. Governor Crist kissed or attempted to kiss Greer at a hotel in Beverly Hills, California.

3. Governor Crist’s drunken escapades, and how Governor Crist’s security detail had to cover for him

4. Governor Crist attempting to run people over while intoxicated and operating a golf cart.

Morgan allegedly answered the accusations made by Chase and stated the accusations were nothing more than inflammatory remarks and were intended to embarrass Crist and even if Crist were gay, the allegations wouldn’t relate to the charges Greer faces or constitute grounds for impeachment.

The documents further stated:

Morgan stated that if Crist were homosexual why would he try to kiss Greer, specifically stating, ‘(Crist) would have to be a sick son of a bitch to try to kiss Porky the Pig’ in reference to Greer. Additionally, Morgan sent Chase an email indicating that it was his opinion that Greer was using Chase to extort Charlie (Crist) with embarrassing questions. Morgan indicated in his email that these types of questions were the same thing as asking, ‘when was the last time you fucked the neighbor’s sheep’ or ‘are you still beating your wife.’

According to a report in the Tampa Bay Times, records indicate that Crist believed Greer was attempting to extort him. Greer, who faces trial on July 30, denies the charges.

On June 6, Crist reached out to WTSP and called the charges regarding homosexuality “a bunch of delusional lies.”

Soflasnapper
06-10-2012, 08:22 PM
This kind of allegation is common knowledge in Florida, and esp. the Tampa Bay area where Crist was mayor, I think. (Not these new details as to the covering up, but that he was supposedly gay.)

I don't think it played a part in his dumping by the party for Rubio, but you never know. He got a wife (maybe as a beard) suddenly, before the primary season really began.

I am not aware that he has been overtly homophobic in his comments or policies, but that may be true.

Gayle in MD
06-11-2012, 09:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This kind of allegation is common knowledge in Florida, and esp. the Tampa Bay area where Crist was mayor, I think. (Not these new details as to the covering up, but that he was supposedly gay.)

I don't think it played a part in his dumping by the party for Rubio, but you never know. He got a wife (maybe as a beard) suddenly, before the primary season really began.

I am not aware that he has been overtly homophobic in his comments or policies, but that may be true. </div></div>

Wasn't Rubio also acused of being a Homosexual?

It seems to me I remember that there was some other guy, who moved away from Christ's district, and then ran for office, elsewhere, after having been accused of having an affair with Christ?

G.,

Soflasnapper
06-11-2012, 09:41 AM
Perhaps, but I do not recall either.

Any guy with a nice haircut can be thought gay, although that is a fairly stupid criterion. They did rumor that about Rick Perry, for example.

Gayle in MD
06-11-2012, 09:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Perhaps, but I do not recall either.

Any guy with a nice haircut can be thought gay, although that is a fairly stupid criterion. They did rumor that about Rick Perry, for example. </div></div>

Well, as you probably know, I have always been for full rights for Gays, and against any kind of Gay bashing, BUT, if there is any man in this country who walks like a Gay man, it is definitely Mitt Romney! His walk SCREAMS, I AM GAY!

G.

Soflasnapper
06-11-2012, 01:51 PM
Wears Mommy jeans too!!

To be fair, we have no idea how binding or hindering those magic underwear may be. I think we do know he wears them at all times.

Gayle in MD
06-11-2012, 01:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wears Mommy jeans too!!

To be fair, we have no idea how binding or hindering those magic underwear may be. I think we do know he wears them at all times. </div></div>

You mean the panty hose? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Soflasnapper
06-11-2012, 01:56 PM
Hopefully with the cotton crotch. Oh my.

Gayle in MD
06-11-2012, 02:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hopefully with the cotton crotch. Oh my. </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif