PDA

View Full Version : Obama: Private Sector Doing Just Fine. What???

Sev
06-11-2012, 07:51 AM
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Right.
He's moon-walking that one back as fast as possible. Reminiscent of McCain's Fundamentals quote. Only better. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

The guys coming apart at the seems. Totally disconnected from reality.

The private sector has lost 4.6 million jobs since 2008.
Axelrod looked like a total dufus trying to spin it.

Unemployment claims are still at or above 370,000 a week.
The worker participation rate is still dropping.
Percent unemployment is on the raise again.
Job creation plummeted to 69,000 last week.
Mass layoffs are still occurring.
Hispanic unemployment is on the rise.
Black unemployment is at historical highs.
Youth/Student unemployment is at historical highs.
Credit is still locked up.
Business are still very tepid in hiring.
870,000 less woman working.
Housing market is still in the tank.
Banks are speeding up the foreclosure process.
GDP has dropped to 1.9% with further slowing a high probability.
There are rumbling of stagflation.
The debt is rapidly approaching 16 trillion.
Each job created by the stimulus has cost 4.1 million dollars. what a bargain.
We spend 3.8 billion dollars a day and barrow 5 billion every day.
Our debt has increased about 60% in under 4 years.

Yup. Aside from all that. We are in great shape. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

eg8r
06-11-2012, 10:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The guys coming apart at the seems. Totally disconnected from reality.
</div></div>I did not see the standard sofla defense so let me beat him to the punch...Obama's writers and vetters made him say it.

eg8r

Sev
06-11-2012, 12:13 PM
It was the TOTUS!!!

Soflasnapper
06-11-2012, 12:14 PM
He's moon-walking that one back as fast as possible. Reminiscent of McCain's Fundamentals quote. Only better. \:\) \:\) \:\)

McCain use that line about 20 times, as a regular part of his stump speech. Obama said this once, and will not repeat the poor phrasing.

The worker participation rate is still dropping.

That's not true. It was up about 500,000 (iirc), and that is why the UE number ticked up a tenth.

Percent unemployment is on the raise again.

See above. I mentioned that this would happen. When the drop in workforce participation rates causes a decline in UE, we hear all about it, endlessly. When the increase in workforce participation rate causes an increase in UE, somehow that doesn't get mentioned.

870,000 less woman working.

Mainly in the governmental sector layoffs, which supposedly you guys want, as those workers were disproportionately women and minorities.

Banks are speeding up the foreclosure process.

Perhaps, although I haven't seen that data. But the sooner the better. This glut of vacant houses must be liquidated however it can be done to have any chance of recovering a housing market. This is the market at work, and Romney's specific plan, btw.

There are rumbling of stagflation.

You must be hungry, and that's your stomach! For that claim is bogus.

The idea of two Americas has never been more obvious.

The rate of the stated UE among persons over 25, with at least a bachelor's degree, is 3.9%, virtually full employment. The rate for those with at least some college is 7.9%. For those with a HS diploma or less, it's 9.3%.

Soflasnapper
06-11-2012, 12:15 PM
No, he stepped in it all his lonesome on this one.

Facts are facts, as I acknowledge.

Sev
06-11-2012, 12:31 PM
Stagflation

http://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/2012/06/08/ready-or-not-stagflation-is-here/

Stagflation is one of the worst economic conditions a country can be in, and the United States just entered it.

It has actually been responsible for revolutions and uprisings in developed countries around the world. Most recently Greece, Spain and Portugal are experiencing severe doses of this dreaded economic condition. It is extraordinarily difficult to work through and often destroys wealth for generations.

Stagflation is simply defined by high unemployment, slow economic growth and high inflation. It makes inflationary and deflationary periods look like a walk in the park. Stagflation usually results in very long, severe recessions.

The best and most effective way to recover from stagflation is for the government to lower rates drastically. The last time the U.S. was in stagflation -- in the late 1970s -- that is precisely how we recovered and prospered. However, it is crucial to understand that we are not in a position to do that today since rates are already at historically low levels. This is a cataclysmic problem. How we got here is debatable, but fixing the situation will be difficult.

The reported unemployment rate is high (8.1%) but a more-accurate level of unemployment is buried in the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS); section U-6 of the BLS states that unemployment rate is closer to 14.5%. In any given month, both the number of people considered unemployed and the size of the labor force might change. Because the government measures both variables, it is easy to move people out of the labor force to make unemployment appear smaller.

Currently the labor force is at a 30-year low. Only 63.7%.of the population is working. Think of it this way: 36 % of all people are not working. The last time the labor force was this low occurred in 1970s during another stagflation period.

The second factor of stagflation is slow economic growth. The GDP growth rate is the broadest indicator of how much our economy is growing. We want the GDP to grow more because that means that businesses are growing, making money and people are working. When growth slows, American businesses are not making as much money and must take preventative measures including cutting jobs in order to survive. The GDP is low and trending lower. Across the board most economists have been lowering their growth forecast for the U.S. I don't believe that we will be above 2% at year end

Finally, prices are rising all around the country. The unprecedented printing of money through quantitative easing programs has been responsible for a majority of this sharp price rise. It is well known that the CPI grossly underestimates the actual increase in the cost of living. Prices on all goods and services are rising drastically. If you were to remove all the manipulation and biases that the government uses in its inflation calculation you will see that inflation is running at about 7%.

Clever manipulation of statistics by the government has avoided talks of stagflation until now. Lowering the interest rate was the best card in our hand and we played it too early. Our last options are to lower the corporate tax rate (which the government refuses to do) and practice quantitative easing (which will cause more inflation).

We need to take off our government blindfolds and see with clear eyes the bleak position of our economy in order to protect our livelihoods.

Sorry to say, but a severe recession is at hand and it will be around for a long time.

Sev
06-11-2012, 12:35 PM
The unemployment number ticked up because of climb in unemployment claims and a steady decline in hiring.

Of course if you want to claim that people coming off the benches and trying to reenter the work force counts as worker participation... .

Sev
06-11-2012, 12:39 PM
I agree on the housing market.

However falling values while not good for current home owners does make it a better market for first time buyers.

Housing is still over inflated.

The assessment on the house I used to live in up in NY was just cut by 42,000 and it is still assessed to high.
And now its officially underwater. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

Soflasnapper
06-11-2012, 12:48 PM
The LAST article from this author:

What the Country Needs, Now

Published May 29, 2012

Ed Butowsky argues that a president with Mitt Romney's skill set is precisely what the country needs.

==========

Notice also the weasel wording of how the article you mention is listed:

Ready or Not, Stagflation Is Here

Published June 08, 2012

Stagflation is one of the worst economic conditions a country can be in, and the United States <span style='font-size: 14pt'>may have</span> just entered it.

From the author archive (http://www.foxbusiness.com/archive/author/ed-butowsky/index.html)

==============

Excuse me, but I'll need more than a Fox Business site author who is an explicit Romney partisan to find that claim credible. Even the site itself hedges that claim to 'may have.'

Fact is, if you used the higher UE number (UE-6, or whatever) for the W years, AND the allegedly more accurate inflation measures on the W years, and that the workforce participation rate fell starting in those years, everything you (or this guy) says about current times was true through the prior presidency.

Sev
06-11-2012, 01:03 PM
I did say rumblings.
I call that a rumble.

eg8r
06-12-2012, 03:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Facts are facts, as I acknowledge. </div></div>Always a first.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-12-2012, 07:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The LAST article from this author:

What the Country Needs, Now

Published May 29, 2012

Ed Butowsky argues that a president with Mitt Romney's skill set is precisely what the country needs.

==========

Notice also the weasel wording of how the article you mention is listed:

Ready or Not, Stagflation Is Here

Published June 08, 2012

Stagflation is one of the worst economic conditions a country can be in, and the United States <span style='font-size: 14pt'>may have</span> just entered it.

From the author archive (http://www.foxbusiness.com/archive/author/ed-butowsky/index.html)

==============

Excuse me, but I'll need more than a Fox Business site author who is an explicit Romney partisan to find that claim credible. Even the site itself hedges that claim to 'may have.'

Fact is, if you used the higher UE number (UE-6, or whatever) for the W years, AND the allegedly more accurate inflation measures on the W years, and that the workforce participation rate fell starting in those years, everything you (or this guy) says about current times was true through the prior presidency. </div></div>

Yep, and also, none other than ol' Jeb Bush, has acknowledged and called out the Repiglican Party for their Obstructionism, bashing the Repiglican obstructionism of the Obama recovery, while ol' Grover is mad as hell that Jeb's is exposing it, acknowledging that it is a politicalo move, in the process of bashing Jeb!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Ratner is even agreeing with Jeb. More will follow. When Repiglicans line up and agree that they will alol refuse a 10 to 1 plan, ten dollars for every one in tax cuts, wile billionaires are loiving high on the hog, annd the Middle Class has loost twenty years in their net worth, and Repiglicans continue to stick with a program that takes money from the M.D. to maintain tax cuts for the wealthy, then it's time for what's left of Republicans who understand that there must be compromise, to continue to speak out against the Repiglican Obstructionism.

They may back Mitt publically, but they can't stand the SOB either.

G.