PDA

View Full Version : Why?

Sid_Vicious
06-11-2012, 04:09 PM
I am puzzled over the "hunger" I seem to get these days for "a game." I ask for a added spot of all the breaks in a short race in 9B, from people I think should know that I play pretty well, and I get the spot, and I know their general game. What makes for this mentality? Am I getting respect or what? Money is money...what's the deal? sid

Bambu
06-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Depends on the level of the player and his break, their cue ball control after the break, and how often they can break and run. Its possible that a player might scratch more often than he breaks and runs. Other times they might run some balls but leave an easy finish. Even if the 9 on the break counts, I'm considering these things much more.

Rich R.
06-12-2012, 07:39 AM
IMHO, if they are giving you the breaks, they are not giving you respect. They are saying that you can break and they don't believe you are going to break and run or control the table.
If your winning these games, that is great. You are winning the cash and eventually, when they refuse to give you the breaks, you will have earned their respect.
If you are losing these games, they have no reason to respect your game.

Fran Crimi
06-12-2012, 08:22 AM
To you, money may be money, but to some, some money is chump change, depending on the amount of the bet. It's all relative to the amount of money people feel comfortable betting. If someone is used to playing $100 sets, then he is likely to give away a bigger spot for $10 sets.

However, I don't recommend going around asking big betters to play cheap. They're tougher under pressure than the average player.

Deeman3
06-15-2012, 08:11 PM
Sid,

they may be laying down a spread! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif