PDA

View Full Version : Is Everybody Spying On Us?

Gayle in MD
06-12-2012, 09:32 AM
Breaking from Newsmax.com

3D Mapping Tech Stokes Privacy Concerns

To develop detailed aerial maps, Google and Apple are deploying planes equipped with military-grade cameras to take photographs that can potentially see into homes, drawing privacy concerns, the U.K. Daily Mail reported.

Google, which expects by the end of the year to have 3D coverage of towns and cities with a combined population of 300 million, has already sent planes over cities, while Apple has acquired a firm using technology that has been tested on at least 20 locations and will use its planes to help create detailed 3D maps. Using similar technology that allows intelligence agencies to identify terrorist targets in Afghanistan, Apple’s cameras are so powerful they could potentially see into homes through skylights and windows, according to the Daily Mail.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Soflasnapper
06-12-2012, 10:06 AM
Short answer, yes, of course. LIKE YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE.

This seems a new danger, but it's actually mild compared to some other things going on.

eg8r
06-12-2012, 10:17 AM
This is all pretty scary. I love the technology, I love my iPhone but I don't love the idea of them flying overhead and filming everything. It is a catch22 and as technology continues to move forward our opportunities of privacy are going to dwindle faster and faster. Not good.

I am not really a conspiracy theorist but I can see the day when the Government could start demanding access to this type of data and get a court order to have access to it.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
06-12-2012, 10:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Short answer, yes, of course. LIKE YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE.

This seems a new danger, but it's actually mild compared to some other things going on. </div></div>

Could you recommend the best book on the subject?

I am just getting into the new Richard Clarke's latest book on our cyber-security threats. Have you read it? It seems to focus on our National Security, rather than revelations about our personal loss of privacy, but I haven't really gotten into it that far yet.

Thanks,
Gayle

Gayle in MD
06-12-2012, 10:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is all pretty scary. I love the technology, I love my iPhone but I don't love the idea of them flying overhead and filming everything. It is a catch22 and as technology continues to move forward our opportunities of privacy are going to dwindle faster and faster. Not good.

I am not really a conspiracy theorist but I can see the day when the Government could start demanding access to this type of data and get a court order to have access to it.

eg8r </div></div>

I agree, although I don't have or use an Iphone. Just my Kindle Fire, and my cell phone, but, we really haven't had any privacy for a long time, IMO.

I'm sure there exists all kinds of pictures of most of us, everywhere, for one thing. Everywhere we go, we're being filmed.

That's why I never leave the house without my make-up!

G.