PDA

View Full Version : The private sector is doing fine? See this one.

Soflasnapper
06-13-2012, 09:52 AM
http://www.motherjones.com/files/images/blog_employment_private_public_june_2012.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As you can see, the private sector has indeed rebounded from the depths of the recession and is now adding two million jobs per year. That's not great, but it's not terrible. The public sector, conversely, started cutting jobs even before the stimulus money ran out and is now shedding about 200 thousand jobs per year. That may be good for conservative small-government ideology, but it's a significant drag on an already fragile economy. </div></div> --Kevin Drum

Gayle in MD
06-13-2012, 10:49 AM
So the President wasn't so out of touch after all?

And we are seeing a lot of Red States voting against a lot of Republican policies, as well.

Mississippi voted against the controversial Birth Control bill?

North Dakota, voting against other radical religious Republican policies, and tax policies?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/12..._n_1591957.html (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/12/north-dakota-primary-2012-property-taxes-religious-freedom_n_1591957.html)

Even, OMG... Rasmucous polling is showing that voters trust Bill Clinton, more than either of the candidates on the economy, LOL, imagine that! I don't think Clinton is as close to the Republican philosophies on taxes, religion, helping the poor, keeping SS and Medicare going, or firing public sector employees, as he is to the president, do you?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

G.

Sev
06-13-2012, 12:06 PM
The sheep in ND are fools not to get rid of property taxes.

Nobody should have to pay a tax that could cause you to lose your home.

A property tax means you are a renter. Not an owner.

Gayle in MD
06-13-2012, 12:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The sheep in ND are fools not to get rid of property taxes.

Nobody should have to pay a tax that could cause you to lose your home.

A property tax means you are a renter. Not an owner. </div></div>

That's a crazy idea, unless you think home owners cann build their own roads, put out their own house fires, rescue themselves from every natural disaster, provide their own state college educations, build their own bridges, catch all of the criminals....you get the drift.

Everyone is a state uses the state facilities, water, energy, sidewalks, etc., etc., but there was far more going on with those efforts than just paying Read Estate taxes. Did you read the link?

G.

Soflasnapper
06-16-2012, 11:45 AM
Yes, when faced with the 'free lunch' offer compared to the 'pay for lunch' option, people think they should want the 'free lunch.'

Usually in life, the actual 'free lunch' requires you to sit through a high pressure time share pitch or something.

In this case, by contrast, there is no free lunch whatsoever, and eliminating the property tax as income to the state or local governments would just move it to another source, without any guarantee it would be better for more people. Possibly better for land owners, and then, not necessarily.

LWW
06-17-2012, 07:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> http://www.motherjones.com/files/images/blog_employment_private_public_june_2012.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As you can see, the private sector has indeed rebounded from the depths of the recession and is now adding two million jobs per year. That's not great, but it's not terrible. The public sector, conversely, started cutting jobs even before the stimulus money ran out and is now shedding about 200 thousand jobs per year. That may be good for conservative small-government ideology, but it's a significant drag on an already fragile economy. </div></div> --Kevin Drum

</div></div>

In a concurrent thread you are arguing that nobody claims the private sector is booming.

How do you explain this seeming hypocrisy?

Soflasnapper
06-17-2012, 09:30 AM
LOL!

From the graph and commentary below it you are bewildered by:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> As you can see, the private sector has indeed rebounded from the depths of the recession and is now adding two million jobs per year. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>That's not great, but it's not terrible.</span> </div></div>

So, 'not terrible' means 'boom' to you, even though 'not great' is right there beside it? Hmmm. I should think for a 'boom,' you'd need 'great.'

But really? This is your supposed claim?

That this graph, and this language, shows people claiming a booming economy? Because the extra number of people with jobs on a year over year accounting is around 2 million, about the same as in the non-boom year of 2007? (GDP for 2007 was +1.9%. a very weak growth number, and of course, the recession began in late 2007.)

Here (http://useconomy.about.com/od/grossdomesticproduct/a/2007-GDP-statistics.htm)

Gayle in MD
06-17-2012, 10:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL!

From the graph and commentary below it you are bewildered by:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> As you can see, the private sector has indeed rebounded from the depths of the recession and is now adding two million jobs per year. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>That's not great, but it's not terrible.</span> </div></div>

So, 'not terrible' means 'boom' to you, even though 'not great' is right there beside it? Hmmm. I should think for a 'boom,' you'd need 'great.'

But really? This is your supposed claim?

That this graph, and this language, shows people claiming a booming economy? Because the extra number of people with jobs on a year over year accounting is around 2 million, about the same as in the non-boom year of 2007? (GDP for 2007 was +1.9%. a very weak growth number, and of course, the recession began in late 2007.)

Here (http://useconomy.about.com/od/grossdomesticproduct/a/2007-GDP-statistics.htm) </div></div>

Your link shows just how ignorant those on the
Right prove themselves to be when they try to blame the president, or the Democratic Party, for the recession.

Dems didn't take control until Jan., 2007 just a couple of months before the Recession was finally acknowledged.

I believe I recall facts which later showed that we had been in a recession for a whole year, before Bush and the Republicans would admit that the recession existed!

But don't we just always know, that even when the economy is teetering on the brink of The Greatest Depression of all times, if there is a Repiglican in the White House, the fundamentals of the economy, are always strong!

I can still see Reagan right now, over and over..."There is nothing wrong with the economy."

Yeah, there never is, really, now is there? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

LWW
06-18-2012, 05:29 PM
So five ears of zero job creation isn't bad? No, wait, you said it's fine? But, then again, you said it's terrible.

Wait, I get it now.

It's whatever the regime tells you to believe that it is today.

DiabloViejo
06-18-2012, 11:48 PM
I don't know about Sofla, but yeah, that's how <u>I</u> roll.

Every day, I wake up and begin a hard day of moonbattery (is that a word?). The regime usually calls me right after my left wing breakfast of granola and a cup of coffee (light and sweet). The message goes out to all of us ignorant Obamatron Ocultists at the same time. Then all of us carry out our sinister daily mission, after which we have sex and drugs and rock and roll! Yeah Babeeeee!

Most of us absolutely love Stalin and Hitler and want to destroy America so that even poor old Aunt May and little Sally are forced into shackles. And.. we are undeserving because we do not desire to fellate the mega rich.

How's <u>that</u> work for <u>you</u> Larry? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

It's all about you Larry..it's all about you! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

http://junksciencecom.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/albatross.jpg

LWW
06-19-2012, 04:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know about Sofla, but yeah, that's how <u>I</u> roll.

Every day, I wake up and begin a hard day of moonbattery (is that a word?). The regime usually calls me right after my left wing breakfast of granola and a cup of coffee (light and sweet). The message goes out to all of us ignorant Obamatron Ocultists at the same time. Then all of us carry out our sinister daily mission, after which we have sex and drugs and rock and roll! Yeah Babeeeee!

Most of us absolutely love Stalin and Hitler and want to destroy America so that even poor old Aunt May and little Sally are forced into shackles. And.. we are undeserving because we do not desire to fellate the mega rich.

How's <u>that</u> work for <u>you</u> Larry? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

It's all about you Larry..it's all about you! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

</div></div>

That quote deserves to live on.

Don't you feel better now that you have bared your wretched soul.

Gayle in MD
06-19-2012, 07:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So five ears of zero job creation isn't bad? No, wait, you said it's fine? But, then again, you said it's terrible.

Wait, I get it now.

It's whatever the regime tells you to believe that it is today. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle and LWW, we all now completely understand that you two don't like each other. No real need to keep belaboring the point.

My suggestion now is to ignore each other.

Any posts from either of you pointing at the other one will result in an immediate (and very long) ban.

Admin
</div></div>

Stretch
06-19-2012, 07:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know about Sofla, but yeah, that's how <u>I</u> roll.

</div></div>

That quote deserves to live on.

Don't you feel better now that you have bared your wretched soul. </div></div>

LMFAO! Yes it DOES deserve to live on because it's hil-Larry-ous. That you thought he was serious in collecting most of your lame jibes to throw back at you was comic genius. lol What a dough-head you are. St.