PDA

View Full Version : Best Break Cues?

poolplyr
06-13-2012, 08:18 PM
I'm thinking of purchasing a Break Cue. I would like some feedback on what you use or recommend. I do not want a Break/Jump Cue. Thanks

Rich R.
06-14-2012, 07:41 AM
I don't think there is any such thing as a "best" break cue for every one. You have to find the "best" break cue for you.
Some players just use an old playing cue as their break cue, sometimes putting a harder tip on it. Others may buy a a dedicated break cue while some just use a house cue for breaking. Every one seems to have their own favorite. No one here can tell you what would be "best" for you any more than we could tell you what pair of shoes are most comfortable. You just have to look around, try friends break cues, and pick one for yourself.

BTW, I currently have two jump/break cues that I use. Both are very different but each is very good in its own right. I couldn't really say which is "best". Neither one is very new and neither is still available, except maybe on the used market, so there is no sense telling you what they are. It seems you weren't interested in a jump/break anyway.

Bambu
06-14-2012, 08:26 AM
I like my predator break cue. I've also tried the mezz, very nice.

Soflasnapper
06-18-2012, 01:21 PM
I like my Big Buelah 2, by Lucasi, as do most people who give mine a try.

I would recommend that one, although I'm not saying it's better than others (which mainly I haven't tried).

Grapenut
06-18-2012, 07:30 PM
http://i923.photobucket.com/albums/ad77/mdmeeks1010/thor-purplehart.jpg

Thor Hammer by Joss.

Just took the game back up last November after a 30 hiatus and found that having a good break cue was a definite plus. This one by Dan Janes is a hoss.

Nut

Soflasnapper
06-19-2012, 06:43 PM
I would get that one from the name alone!

poolplyr
06-20-2012, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the feedback. One more question. I play with a Mcdermott so I was thinking about getting a Mcdermott Sledgehammer. Any thoughts on this cue? I have a teammate that has a BK 2 that I've used during our league so I'm also considering that one. When I'm not playing with my team I usually just use a house cue & I have an old Sneaky Pete that I put a hard tip on but I never get much action with it.

Rich R.
06-20-2012, 10:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: poolplyr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the feedback. One more question. I play with a Mcdermott so I was thinking about getting a Mcdermott Sledgehammer. Any thoughts on this cue? I have a teammate that has a BK 2 that I've used during our league so I'm also considering that one. When I'm not playing with my team I usually just use a house cue & I have an old Sneaky Pete that I put a hard tip on but I never get much action with it. </div></div>
There is no real good reason to get a McDermott Sledgehammer just because you play with a McDermott cue.

IIRC, McDermott no longer has the rights to make the Sledgehammer. I know they still appear on the web site so they may be selling old stock. McDermott and Mike Gulyassy, the creator of the Sledgehammer, have ended their relationship. At least that is the last word I heard. You may be able to get one on the second hand market or you can buy an "Anvil" jump/break from Mike Gulyassy, which is his most recent creation.