PDA

View Full Version : Obama Stiffs Kenny’s BBQ

Sev
06-14-2012, 03:01 PM
I guess he feels entitled to a free lunch. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/06/white-house-forgets-to-pay-fathers-day-lunch-tab/

<span style='font-size: 23pt'>White House Forgets to Pay Father’s Day Lunch Tab
</span>
http://abcnews.go.com/images/Politics/gty_obama_kennys_bbq_thg_120613_wblog.jpg

Amid the bustle of President Obama’s surprise stop for barbecue Wednesday the White House apparently overlooked one key detail: the bill.

Celebrating Father’s Day early, the president had lunch with two service members and two local barbers at Kenny’s BBQ on Capitol Hill.

As the group chatted about fatherhood, the president enjoyed a steaming plate of pork ribs with hot sauce, collard greens, red beans and rice and cornbread.

The bill for the president and his four guests was $55.58, but was left unpaid at the point of sale, according to pool reports.

The White House corrected the oversight and settled up the tab by the end of the business day.

LWW
06-14-2012, 06:34 PM
Well now he's stiffed everyone.

Sev
06-15-2012, 05:52 AM
Not only did the guy lose all the income from customers that day because of Obama. The guy had the audacity to leave without paying.

You'd think he would reach into his wallet and spread some the tax payers money that is in there around.

The audacity of the dope.

Soflasnapper
06-15-2012, 08:49 AM
You're missing the real outrage here.

Obama gets to have swanky lunches with his millionaire friends, and run up unseemly sized bills at swanky places.

Sure, $55 seems like a small price for a man with his inflated sense of importance, but I know places where that kind of bill would be for <s>four</s>, er, five persons. If Michelle would let him eat more often, he wouldn't be so hungry as to scarf down $55 for lunch!!! And do you see how the media lies, not mentioning his after-lunch cigarette?

When the country is struggling, he insults everyone with this sick, entitled performance?!?!?!!!

Obama surely lost Kenny's BBQ, and this is still more bad news for him, throughout the BBQ parts of this nation, heavy swing states, I hear.

[/satire, which I cravenly use to try to fit in with your thinking here]

Gayle in MD
06-15-2012, 09:21 AM
This thread was probably posted in an effort to distract from the real restaurant hot story of the week, the recent story about Mitsey and his staff, trashing the local Dinner, I believe it was a small town in Ohio.

Not only did they break a keepsake belonging to the owner, and given to her long ago by her dear departed father, but according to her statements, Mitsey didn't think her important enough to even bother to seek her out, apologize for the irreplacable family keepsake, or speak to her or her husband, who are local favorites in their town!

Eveidently, she was completely disgusted with him, and his staff, who did not leave before pulling up and destroying the old fashioned oiled table cloths, to accomodate their camera equipment, crushing them into balls, and throwing them in the trash can.

Neither Mitsey, or his staff bothered to apologize for any of it, and the owner and her husband, said they, and the small town where they live, were insulted by Mitsey and his hoity-toity snooty, attitude, and that of his staff, as well.

I can recall stories about Bill Clinton, over the years, who has always been known as a man who wouldn't leave the most posh restaurants in New York, even when staying in the most elite hotels, without going back into the kitchen to shake hands with all of the employees, and the chef, as well as the bus boys and waitresses.

The more we hear about Romney, the more I dislike him, and his dishonest, con artist, little victim wife.

I seriously doubt Ohio voters were won over with this latest Mitsey clip, or the accompanying story, which is raging all over the media, in Ohio. Apparently, the elitist Mitsey.....who couldn't come up with the correct name for what we commoners call a doughnut, was putting his silver foot in his own mouth, the entire time he was there!

I'm sure he only knows the names of the more delicate French pastry.

G.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

llotter
06-15-2012, 11:50 AM
This sounds like a made-up story that simply doesn't fit Mitt's character or style.

Gayle in MD
06-15-2012, 12:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not only did the guy lose all the income from customers that day because of Obama. The guy had the audacity to leave without paying.

You'd think he would reach into his wallet and spread some the tax payers money that is in there around.

The audacity of the dope. </div></div>

The President couldn't have stiffed the guy, if the bill was paid! Not a fair title, but they seldom are.

Any evidence of the owner complaining, like the couple who owned the Diner, in Ohio has, about the mess Mitt et al, left behind them when he ate at their Diner? Even breaking a family heirloom from her deceased father, irreplaceable, without so much as shaking the owners hand, or apologizing!

Haven't heard any complaints from Kenny's BBQ....I'm sure he is thrilled about all the free advertising for is business.

Believe me, those Diner owners where Mitt ate, won't be voting for Mitt! They were disgusted and offended by Mitt's arrogance and elitist attitudes toward the owners and employees.

G.

G.

Gayle in MD
06-15-2012, 12:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This sounds like a made-up story that simply doesn't fit Mitt's character or style. </div></div>

Oh but it definitely is his character and his style, as the owners will testify, he called them to apologize for all of their torn to pieces table cloths, which they found in the trash, and ended up mocking them for having complained, according to the woman who owns the diner.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mitt Romney has made helping small business owners a central theme of his presidential campaign, but Dianne Bauer — owner of the Main Street Cafe in Council Bluffs, Iowa — says that Romney’s actions don’t match his rhetoric.

Bauer opened up her cafe to Romney and his campaign for an event last Friday morning, only to be treated rudely and have her property damaged. According to Bauer, Romney himself called her in an attempt to smooth things over — and ended up mocking her troubles.

Bauer told Fox42 News that Romney’s campaign staffers were “arrogant,” and did not treat her cafe with respect.

“Stuff got broke. My table cloths they just got ripped off, wadded up and thrown in the back room,” she said. “My dad’s picture, an emblem my dad gave me, it got broke. Those aren’t things you can replace.”

Furthermore, Romney never bothered to introduce himself to Bauer, which offended her. After campaign staffers brought Bauer’s complaints to Romney’s attention, the candidate called her personally — which only made things significantly worse.

“He responded ‘well, I’m sorry your table cloths got ripped off, wadded up and thrown in the back room’ and I took it as mocking,” she said. “We’re the ones he’s wanting to get the votes from, you’d think we would have been treated better.”

Video of Bauer’s full interview with Fox42 can be seen here.

It’s not surprising that Romney was unable to smooth things over, given his well-established struggles to relate to average voters. As Matt Taylor points out, Romney was also cripplingly awkward at the actual event at Bauer’s cafe, struggling to identify a chocolate doughnut.

</div></div>

See the video for yourself:

http://www.nationalmemo.com/watch-this-is-what-mitt-romney-really-thinks-of-small-business-owners/

Sev
06-15-2012, 03:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're missing the real outrage here.

Obama gets to have swanky lunches with his millionaire friends, and run up unseemly sized bills at swanky places.

Sure, $55 seems like a small price for a man with his inflated sense of importance, but I know places where that kind of bill would be for <s>four</s>, er, five persons. If Michelle would let him eat more often, he wouldn't be so hungry as to scarf down $55 for lunch!!! And do you see how the media lies, not mentioning his after-lunch cigarette?

When the country is struggling, he insults everyone with this sick, entitled performance?!?!?!!!

Obama surely lost Kenny's BBQ, and this is still more bad news for him, throughout the BBQ parts of this nation, heavy swing states, I hear.

[/satire, which I cravenly use to try to fit in with your thinking here]

</div></div>

Heh heh heh.

By the way. Whens the last time you left and establishment with out paying your bill???

Sev
06-15-2012, 03:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not only did the guy lose all the income from customers that day because of Obama. The guy had the audacity to leave without paying.

The President couldn't have stiffed the guy, if the bill was paid! Not a fair title, but they seldom are.

Any evidence of the owner complaining, like the couple who owned the Diner, in Ohio has, about the mess Mitt et al, left behind them when he ate at their Diner? Even breaking a family heirloom from her deceased father, irreplaceable, without so much as shaking the owners hand, or apologizing!

Haven't heard any complaints from Kenny's BBQ....I'm sure he is thrilled about all the free advertising for is business.

Believe me, those Diner owners where Mitt ate, won't be voting for Mitt! They were disgusted and offended by Mitt's arrogance and elitist attitudes toward the owners and employees.

G.

G. </div></div>

The bill was not paid prior to leaving the establishment.
There is no evidence that Obama asked to run a tab.

Soflasnapper
06-15-2012, 06:14 PM
By the way. Whens the last time you left and establishment with out paying your bill???

It's happened, although rarely. I've done it in the last 5 year period. Not a restaurant, but a bar and time tab at the pool room.

I strongly doubt it was Obama's role to pay, and likely his body man, or another WH or campaign official's role. In which case, it would be THEIR omission, not his.

I've often heard of presidents not carrying any cash at all when out in the public. They have staff to pay for things as that may arise.

Gayle in MD
06-16-2012, 08:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not only did the guy lose all the income from customers that day because of Obama. The guy had the audacity to leave without paying.

G. </div></div>

The bill was not paid prior to leaving the establishment.
There is no evidence that Obama asked to run a tab. </div></div>

LMAO! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Good one!

Do you think it is at all possible that the staffer forgot to pay the tab, and the president didn't even know about it, until later?

C'mon!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif
G.

Soflasnapper
06-16-2012, 09:41 AM
Of course, and that's exactly what happened.

It's even in the article, if one knows how to read.

'THE WHITE HOUSE' forgot to pay. That isn't the president, but the bureaucracy surrounding him, which administers the WH and accoutrements of 'The Office of the Presidency.'

And it was, again, 'the White House' that was said to have corrected this and made the payment, later that day.

Not the president. The staff.

People punk themselves with inadequate comprehension skills. The writer of this piece knew the score, but knew lower information readers would take the snark as being about Obama.

The widespread frequency with which we find lower information readers spells trouble for Obama's re-election chances.

sack316
06-16-2012, 10:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This sounds like a made-up story that simply doesn't fit Mitt's character or style. </div></div>

Oh but it definitely is his character and his style, as the owners will testify, he called them to apologize for all of their torn to pieces table cloths, which they found in the trash, and ended up mocking them for having complained, according to the woman who owns the diner.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mitt Romney has made helping small business owners a central theme of his presidential campaign, but Dianne Bauer — owner of the Main Street Cafe in Council Bluffs, Iowa — says that Romney’s actions don’t match his rhetoric.

Bauer opened up her cafe to Romney and his campaign for an event last Friday morning, only to be treated rudely and have her property damaged. According to Bauer, Romney himself called her in an attempt to smooth things over — and ended up mocking her troubles.

Bauer told Fox42 News that Romney’s campaign staffers were “arrogant,” and did not treat her cafe with respect.

“Stuff got broke. My table cloths they just got ripped off, wadded up and thrown in the back room,” she said. “My dad’s picture, an emblem my dad gave me, it got broke. Those aren’t things you can replace.”

Furthermore, Romney never bothered to introduce himself to Bauer, which offended her. After campaign staffers brought Bauer’s complaints to Romney’s attention, the candidate called her personally — which only made things significantly worse.

“He responded ‘well, I’m sorry your table cloths got ripped off, wadded up and thrown in the back room’ and I took it as mocking,” she said. “We’re the ones he’s wanting to get the votes from, you’d think we would have been treated better.”

It’s not surprising that Romney was unable to smooth things over, given his well-established struggles to relate to average voters. As Matt Taylor points out, Romney was also cripplingly awkward at the actual event at Bauer’s cafe, struggling to identify a chocolate doughnut.

</div></div>

http://www.nationalmemo.com/watch-this-is-what-mitt-romney-really-thinks-of-small-business-owners/
</div></div>

Another part of her quote from the video: "like you'd think Obama was here"

Also from her husband: “I try to stay neutral, but I definitely don’t want Obama back,”

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/index.php/tag/dianne-bauer/

Sack

Soflasnapper
06-16-2012, 11:41 AM
Geeze!

To them, Romney and/or his team were boorish and arrogant and offensive, but that OBAMA guy, whoah! don't get them started!

Even Romney's failures show why Obama is losing. Because people SAY they are independents, and when faced with GOP trashers of their place, their collectibles, their property, and their persons (insulting them by not offering a personal greeting), they go out of their way to mention Obama is not welcome.

Weird.

And then the detail that shows a bunch about the relative coverages:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Earl Bauer said he was told he’d be reimbursed for the use of his boom truck in getting security agents onto the roof, but has yet to see any payment. Officials with the Romney campaign confirmed that the reimbursement was being be made. </div></div>

So, where are the 'Romney campaign stiffs owner of boom truck for promised payments' headlines?

There was one for the WH and Kenny's, even though they DID make that payment, the very same day, later.

sack316
06-16-2012, 09:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Geeze!

To them, Romney and/or his team were boorish and arrogant and offensive, but that OBAMA guy, whoah! don't get them started!
</div></div>

Those were my thoughts exactly. Their complaints about Romney are legit and right on the money as far as I'm concerned... so I was a little baffled by that portion of their comments.

Sack

Gayle in MD
06-17-2012, 06:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This sounds like a made-up story that simply doesn't fit Mitt's character or style. </div></div>

</div></div>

</div></div>

Another part of her quote from the video: "like you'd think Obama was here"

Also from her husband: “I try to stay neutral, but I definitely don’t want Obama back,”

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/index.php/tag/dianne-bauer/

Sack </div></div>

LOL, who trashed the couple's restaurant?

Whom did they say treated them ad their place of business like ****, like they were beneath the Romney's Campaign's elitism?

Who couldn't even offer a decent apology, without throwing out a dig at them for complaining in the first place, ARROGANT.

And, lastly, what is the point in constantly cherry picking, to divert attention from what Romney and his people did in that restaurant, miniimize the facts and the the crux of their complaints about how they were TREATED, by Romney, et al? Desperation? Delusion? Denial?

Sorry, but that is pathetic. You said yourself, you woldn't treat your dog the way the Romney's treated theirs. Why are you ignoring the rude behavior of Romney et al?

BTW, heard anything about all of the unpredictable wild mother bear (with their cubs) vicious attacks going on lately in Alaska?

LOL, I think of you every time I read yet another mauling story.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

G.

LWW
06-17-2012, 07:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">'THE WHITE HOUSE' forgot to pay. That isn't the president, but the bureaucracy surrounding him, which administers the WH and accoutrements of 'The Office of the Presidency.'

And it was, again, 'the White House' that was said to have corrected this and made the payment, later that day.

Not the president. The staff. </div></div>

1 - Why is it that the left held Bush personally responsible go every bit of bureaucratic minutiae yet gives Obama pass on everything? Do you realize why Obama followers are called Obamatrons? This I. Textbook example.

2 - Who hired this staff? How long into his term will it be before you hold him responsible ... for anything?

3 - Who placed Obama's order? Is the diner nor responsible?

4 - Do a dine and dash and then offer to pay after you get caught, an then report back on how understanding the local constabulary was? Why do you both insist that Obama be above the law nd also expect us to believe you are impartial?

As always, you slavishly up port te regime.

Soflasnapper
06-17-2012, 09:49 AM
As always, you slavishly up port te regime.

Oh, Great Cthulhu!!!

The fragile human vessel you have chosen to incarnate into has begun to break down, and therefore, you are breaking up! Please incarnate into a landline or at least a more stable human vessel. Thank you, oh Great One!

1. Blah
2. Blah blah
3. Blah blah blah
4. Blah blah, blah blah

Answer:

As a political matter, if this gets hot enough, probably whoever was responsible ought to be suspended, demoted, fired whatever. As a public relations move. As a matter of justice, as the Gospel of Bob and the Church of the Subgenius explain, the man otherwise actually deserves SLACK. What should happen about this is nothing-- some snickers, shrugging of shoulders, etc.

It's less embarrassing to the WH in my view than having Bush try to exit out of the wrong door in China, in plain view of everyone, and the locked door doesn't yield to repeated and stronger pulling. Laughs and snickers for that one, but no call I heard to fire someone or blame someone.

When a person walks out without paying, and then returns and pays, you are acting like it's a bank robber returning the money (where the last act does not absolve the first one). OF COURSE the establishment is going to welcome the returning payer, and of course, they are not going to press charges. Even your attempts at examples fail.

sack316
06-19-2012, 09:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
And, lastly, what is the point in constantly cherry picking</div></div>

I'm not sure... cherry picking would also constitute excluding the entirety of their comments (which includes the part I posted). Why cherry pick their very legit complaints about Romney yet exclude the fact that they will still be voting for him anyway because they STILL think less of Obama after all of that disrespectful behavior from camp Romney (although I can't imagine why they would personally).

Cherry picking... hello pot, meet kettle.

Sack

eg8r
06-19-2012, 10:17 AM
Great post sack. LOL, cherry picking is only allowed by the left.

eg8r

DiabloViejo
06-19-2012, 02:06 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m525x6YYal1rwd0euo1_500.jpg

LWW
06-20-2012, 02:13 AM
Were the questions too hard for you?

Gayle in MD
06-20-2012, 07:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I'm not sure... cherry picking would also constitute excluding the entirety of their comments (which includes the part I posted).

<span style='font-size: 11pt'> <span style="color: #990000">How could I have excluded something that I never even saw in the first place? Those points you brought up weren't even in the clip or the article that I posted, and my statements were my opinion, based upon what had been taken from FOX! </span> </span>
Why cherry pick their very legit complaints about Romney yet exclude the fact that they will still be voting for him anyway because they STILL think less of Obama after all of that disrespectful behavior from camp Romney (although I can't imagine why they would personally).

Sack </div></div>

<span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 11pt'>Nice try friend, but cherry picking is not what I did with my post, it is what YOU did. Your link had nothing to do with my link, the two did not include the very same information.

My post, article and clip, was about Romney, not Obama.

I didn't even know what the couple had said about the president, at the time I heard the story, saw the interview, read the article, annd commented and posted it, but I can assure you, they won't be voting for Romney, either....

I am not the one who ONLY quoted Certain Information from an article, CHERRY PICKING IT, that's what YOU did, not me!

G. </span> </span>

Stretch
06-20-2012, 07:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Were the questions too hard for you? </div></div>

They were clown questions bro. St.

sack316
06-26-2012, 07:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I'm not sure... cherry picking would also constitute excluding the entirety of their comments (which includes the part I posted).

<span style='font-size: 11pt'> <span style="color: #990000">How could I have excluded something that I never even saw in the first place? Those points you brought up weren't even in the clip or the article that I posted, and my statements were my opinion, based upon what had been taken from FOX! </span> </span>
Why cherry pick their very legit complaints about Romney yet exclude the fact that they will still be voting for him anyway because they STILL think less of Obama after all of that disrespectful behavior from camp Romney (although I can't imagine why they would personally).

Sack </div></div>

<span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 11pt'>Nice try friend, but cherry picking is not what I did with my post, it is what YOU did. Your link had nothing to do with my link, the two did not include the very same information.

I didn't even know what the couple had said about the president, at the time I heard the story, saw the interview, read the article, annd commented and posted it, but I can assure you, they won't be voting for Romney, either....

I am not the one who ONLY quoted Certain Information from an article, CHERRY PICKING IT, that's what YOU did, not me!

G. </span> </span> </div></div>

Her comments were in the video <u>you</u> asked us to watch. Not my fault you took the article's cherry picked comments at face value and didn't watch the entire video of her interview. Although to be fair, the article itself did not include her comments from the interview either.

And yes the husband's comments were from elsewhere. See, when I see a story I research more than just one link or story from sources I like. I read several viewpoints and form my own opinion.

Which in this case, I did address the behavior of camp Romney, as in one reply I agreed with Sofla. In others when quoting their intent to still vote for Romney, I said I can't imagine why they would personally. My comments were not cherry picking, there was no more info to add from previous posts by yourself and Sofla. Repeating the same things as you guys rightly pointed out in this thread would have been redundant. But I did agree with you guys, which was addressing those points. I simply added the rest of this story which had been omitted in previous parts of the discussion.

I am sorry if you feel that was cherry picking on my end. But the way I see it, we had a story about some terrible behavior on the part of camp Romney. Inexcusable behavior. I fully agree with that. The writers of the articles linked used the victims of this behavior as a means to (rightly) bash Romney and his staff. They conveniently leave out the fact that these same victims still prefer this evil-doer over the current POTUS. Given the context and purpose of the linked articles that's pretty relevant information.

Sack

Gayle in MD
06-26-2012, 03:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Sack </div></div>

G. </span> </span> </div></div>

Her comments were in the video <u>you</u> asked us to watch.

<span style="color: #990000">The original video I watched, did not include those commnets. </span>

Not my fault you took the article's cherry picked comments at face value and didn't watch the entire video of her interview. Although to be fair, the article itself did not include her comments from the interview either.

<span style="color: #990000">I did watch the entire video. It did not include those comments you referenced, at the time that I watched it. </span>

And yes the husband's comments were from elsewhere. See, when I see a story I research more than just one link or story from sources I like. I read several viewpoints and form my own opinion.

<span style="color: #990000">Thanks for the hit job, LOL.

I certianly didn't take this story as being all THAT important. It wasn't, for example, about a president lying his country into war, or outing a covert CIA agent.

I think I usually make a pretty broad effort to research important stories, and form my own opinions, thank you very much. </span>

Which in this case, I did address the behavior of camp Romney, as in one reply I agreed with Sofla. In others when quoting their intent to still vote for Romney, I said I can't imagine why they would personally. My comments were not cherry picking, there was no more info to add from previous posts by yourself and Sofla. Repeating the same things as you guys rightly pointed out in this thread would have been redundant. But I did agree with you guys, which was addressing those points. I simply added the rest of this story which had been omitted in previous parts of the discussion.

<span style="color: #990000"> As I stated from the beginning, I couldn't omit something which I never saw or heard about.</span>

I am sorry if you feel that was cherry picking on my end. But the way I see it, we had a story about some terrible behavior on the part of camp Romney. Inexcusable behavior. I fully agree with that. The writers of the articles linked used the victims of this behavior as a means to (rightly) bash Romney and his staff. They conveniently leave out the fact that these same victims still prefer this evil-doer over the current POTUS. Given the context and purpose of the linked articles that's pretty relevant information.

Sack </div></div>

<span style="color: #990000">Prefer? Where do you get that they "Prefer" Romney? I certainly didn't hear that, only that they didn't like Obama, but not that they prefer Romney.

I actually didn't intend that this little story be taken as a major, breaking news, game changing statement, from the start. Right after I first heard about it, I signed on and happened to read Sev's thread title.

The first thing that came to my mind upon reading it, had far more to do with how the right was CREATING a non story, about the president, trying to build it into something so horrible about the president, just to distract the public from this pretty genuinely horrible story about Mitt Romney, and his staff.

I actually didn't think much more about it, beyond that.

G. </span>

Soflasnapper
06-26-2012, 06:40 PM
Sometimes we get it wrong in the echo chamber.

These mini-tempests in the teapot do NOT penetrate the average American's attention, despite what we may think is saturation coverage.

Russ Duhout mentioned on Bill Maher's show that the 'private sector is doing fine' imbroglio was polled on, and half the people had never heard of it one time.

This one is far less than that one. People immersed in the Fox Mighty Wurlitzer may think such things are decisive, but they are about 1% of the population of this country. They hear of things, repeatedly, that even political junkies may not run across, unless they are tuned into Fox or Fox criticism sites.

Fox's New Black Panther Party stupidity falls into this category.

Gayle in MD
06-27-2012, 05:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fox's New Black Panther Party stupidity falls into this category. </div></div>

Yes, and that's only one in thousands!

The times when one of their pundits somehow doesn't "Get the memo," slips and tells the truth, and then they're back doing the famous etch-a-sketch within the hour.

Happened just a few days ago when the witch in AZ tried to claim that her Unconstitutional, racist, immigration law, had been confirmed by the Supreme Court! LOL, pretty funny, given none of it was actually confirmed, at all, and the core issue, was bacially thrown out with the rest.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif