PDA

View Full Version : Cardiff vrs US Open TV format

Tom_In_Cincy
10-03-2002, 09:50 AM
Same format? I just viewed the Cardiff tapes from Mr. Ingrate. and I also saw the Finals at the US Open.

I guess the production crew couldn't come up with any creative ideas about the way the table, and surroundings should look.

The metal walkways that circled the table, The SAME

The Trophy being displayed in the back to the break area.. The SAME

The walls around the playing area, tilted to let the sponsers Logos be better displayed.. The SAME

Girl wearing a stripped REF outfit... The SAME

4 ball and 7 ball colors (pink and brown) The SAME

3 idiots in the both.. Different.. but J. Wych The SAME

Sounds to me that Matchroom Sports produced these events. Maybe Matchroom will eventually take over US televised pool events.. This could be a good thing..

I understand that CBS was at the OPEN.. and interested..

SPetty
10-03-2002, 12:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> The metal walkways that circled the table, The SAME<hr></blockquote>Now that you mention it, what was that all about? It looked like that cross-hatched metal that they make truck bed toolboxes from. Wouldn't that just drive you nuts if you were playing? To be stepping on/off that stuff while preparing to shoot?

Kato
10-03-2002, 12:33 PM
I thought it looked a little like the old WCW Nitro show.

Kato~~~had trouble distinguishing the the 4 (pink) and 5 (orange)

9 Ball Girl
10-03-2002, 12:38 PM
Yeah, but did Cardiff have the 2 cute girls that Barry had walking around the table to let the fans know what rack they were up to? LOL /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

Wendy~~can't wait to see what other shots Tom has up his sleeve he can show me /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Eric.
10-03-2002, 12:45 PM
Hey Tom,

Just to play devil's advocate- maybe since this was being televised, they were trying to stick with a "familiar format" i.e. Matchroom sports. Being that Cardiff has been televised with good success in Canada, Europe, and the Far East, this is a "ride the coattails" type of thing. My ear's perked up when you mentioned CBS. Are you saying someone was there from CBS Broadcasting?

Eric

Tom_In_Cincy
10-03-2002, 12:48 PM
Barry Berhman mentioned it during Saturdays matches.

Tom_In_Cincy
10-03-2002, 12:50 PM
Ralf S. was slipping from time to time setting up a shot.. he had leather soled shoes that were not catching the floor very well..