PDA

View Full Version : Cues the pros use...

03-03-2002, 08:00 PM
HI all,

My question is concerning the cues that the pros. use on their prespective tours, especially in the "custom" cues department. For example, at last years Valley Forge, I had a chance to speak with Jennifer Chen and Vivian Villiareal at the finals. Chen said she had a Cognoscenti and Vivian said hers was an Omega (I think...). I know that Earl and Allison are sponsored by Cue-tec, Jeanette Lee by Imperial (do they make cues though?), and just found out this year at the Capitol City Classic, that Mika Immonen is sponsored by Capone Custom Cues. /webbbs/images/icons/smile.gif

Here is a list of who I'm interested in, please add to the list if you like:

-Ginky SanSouci
-Shannon Daulton
-Karen Corr
-Ming Ng
-Jeanette Lee (if Imperial doesn't make cues...)
-Ralf Souquet
-Efren Reyes
-Cory Deuel
-Jose Parcia
-Buddy Hall
-Grady Mathews

Oh yeah, just for the sake of debate and all, give me your personal opinions on the best cue you've hit. This should be interesting. /webbbs/images/icons/tongue.gif Like I said before, just my curiosity kicking in. Thanks for your time. /webbbs/images/icons/smile.gif

Kato
03-04-2002, 10:06 AM
Grady plays with Predator, Buddy is Lucasi, I think Corey is Viking.

The best cue I've ever hit with is the Predator I'm playing with now. I've hit a couple of solid Searings and Manzino's. Didn't really like the Southwest hit.

Kato~~~~busting his insignificant knowledge.

Pizza Bob
03-04-2002, 10:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Daris:</font><hr>
-Ginky SanSouci - Used to use a Paul Mottey - not sure now
-Karen Corr - Sponsored by Falcon
-Ming Ng - Cognescenti
-Jeanette Lee - She used a Jacoby at VF last year
-Efren Reyes - Made by a Phillipino maker, but the name escapes me
-Cory Deuel - Viking
-Buddy Hall - Lucasi
-Grady Mathews - Predator

Oh yeah, just for the sake of debate and all, give me your personal opinions on the best cue you've hit. This should be interesting. &lt;img src="/webbbs/images/icons/tongue.gif"&gt; Like I said before, just my curiosity kicking in. Thanks for your time. &lt;img src="/webbbs/images/icons/smile.gif"&gt; <hr></blockquote>

I love my Capones.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

03-04-2002, 01:34 PM
This question comes up every few months and I don't think that the answers mean much because if the player is lucky enough to get a cue sponsor, THAT is the brand that they'll play with. The players choice doesn't really say much about the quality of the cue because it's all about endorsement money and getting your tournament expenses paid for. Just cause Buddy plays with a Lucasi doesn't mean it's an especially good cue ( random example only and not a knock on Lucasi per se).

03-04-2002, 02:47 PM
I know of a player who has a beautiful Cognoscenti that they have been playing with for several years. This player recently received an endorsement from Viking and is now playing with one of their cues. What does that say? When the pros have a cue made from a sponsor it typically is a true "custom" cue made to their personal specifications and not a regular line cue such as you or I would buy from that same manufacturer. Sorry, I know this really doesn't have much of anything to do with the intent of your original post.

Vince S.
03-04-2002, 10:45 PM
And what a beautiful set of Capone's they are! Bob, I finaly received my Showman Cue. And yes, it was worth the wait. Absolutely gorgeous! Don't know if I ever told you the reason for the lengthy delay. Ginky had ordered 2 or 3 cues from him, so everything else was backed up as a result. When you consider that he only makes about 10 to 15 cues a year, 2 or 3 extra makes a big difference. he did make it up to me by throwing in matching Custom Caps for the butt and shafts, some Ivory work and a nice cloth carry sack. If you let me know when you might be around again I'll take it over to Side Pockets so you can see it. I'll have it with me at Valley Forge. Hope all is well.

Vince S.

03-04-2002, 11:08 PM
from my experience and consistant with the claims made by predator on their site, something like half of the top players have a pred. shaft on whatever it is they are telling people they are playing with.

dan

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> This question comes up every few months and I don't think that the answers mean much because if the player is lucky enough to get a cue sponsor, THAT is the brand that they'll play with. The players choice doesn't really say much about the quality of the cue because it's all about endorsement money and getting your tournament expenses paid for. Just cause Buddy plays with a Lucasi doesn't mean it's an especially good cue ( random example only and not a knock on Lucasi per se). <hr></blockquote>