PDA

View Full Version : Carter Attacks Obama.

Sev
06-26-2012, 06:49 PM
Its obvious Carter must be a racist.
Damn that white peanut farmer!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/jimmy-carter-accus...s-politics.html (http://news.yahoo.com/jimmy-carter-accuses-u-widespread-abuse-human-rights-154057442--abc-news-politics.html)
<span style='font-size: 23pt'>Jimmy Carter Accuses U.S. of 'Widespread Abuse of Human Rights'</span>

A former U.S. president is accusing the current president of sanctioning the "widespread abuse of human rights" by authorizing drone strikes to kill suspected terrorists.

Jimmy Carter, America's 39 th president, denounced the Obama administration for "clearly violating" 10 of the 30 articles of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, writing in a New York Times op-ed on Monday that the "United States is abandoning its role as the global champion of human rights."

"Instead of making the world safer, America's violation of international human rights abets our enemies and alienates our friends," Carter wrote.

While the total number of attacks from unmanned aircraft, or drones, and the resulting casualties are murky, the New America Foundation estimates that in Pakistan alone 265 drone strikes have been executed since January 2009 . Those strikes have killed at least 1,488 people, at least 1,343 of them considered militants, the foundation estimates based on news reports and other sources.

In addition to the drone strikes, Carter criticized the current president for keeping the Guantanamo Bay detention center open, where prisoners "have been tortured by waterboarding more than 100 times or intimidated with semiautomatic weapons, power drills or threats to sexually assault their mothers."

The former president blasted the government for allowing "unprecedented violations of our rights to privacy through warrantless wiretapping and government mining of our electronic communications."

He also condemned recent legislation that gives the president the power to detain suspected terrorists indefinitely, although a federal judge blocked the law from taking effect for any suspects not affiliated with the September 11 terrorist attacks.

"This law violates the right to freedom of expression and to be presumed innocent until proved guilty, two other rights enshrined in the declaration," Carter said.

While Carter never mentioned Obama by name, he called out "our government" and "the highest authorities in Washington," and urged "concerned citizens" to "persuade Washington to reverse course and regain moral leadership."

Soflasnapper
06-26-2012, 06:59 PM
http://americanextremists.thecomicseries.com/images/comics/55/b9fab4de75a88df720652e84b711a9301710793478.png

Sev
06-26-2012, 07:04 PM
Ha! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
06-26-2012, 07:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While the total number of attacks from unmanned aircraft, or drones, and the resulting casualties are murky, the New America Foundation estimates that in Pakistan alone 265 drone strikes have been executed since January 2009 . Those strikes have killed at least 1,488 people, at least 1,343 of them considered militants, the foundation estimates based on news reports and other sources.

</div></div>

Pittance compared to Iraq.

Grapenut
06-27-2012, 02:59 AM
Carter keeps looking for an audience with a few hugs thrown in.

Slim pickens for him, these days.

Nut

LWW
06-27-2012, 03:02 AM
1 - Carter is a racist. I remember when Carter called Obama "BOY" and the cabal was tripping over their collectivist selves to give him a pass.

2 - We have, in this very thread, leftists confessing that dead brown people are merely stage devices to be used in their agitprop theater.

Soflasnapper
06-27-2012, 08:33 AM
Carter is a racist. I remember when Carter called Obama "BOY" and the cabal was tripping over their collectivist selves to give him a pass.

Carter is not a racist. I didn't even remember when Carter called Obama's personal biography inspiring around the world, and harkening back to how he started, said how 'this black boy' had no advantages but a loving mother, that the stupidity/propaganda cabal disgraced themselves as they are wont to do, to call him a racist.

That one never went across my radar screen at the time, because it was SO stupid that no one bought it but the rubes who think Brent Bozell is an actual media critic instead of a hack. Here's Bozell's Media Research Center clip. (http://www.mrctv.org/videos/jimmy-carter-refers-obama-black-boy) At least they didn't edit the context, but still.

Besides, you are SUPPOSED to say he's an ANTI-SEMITE! Also not true, of course, but that was the more effective smear that got more traction.

What he does is tell the truth, whether about Israel's policies or this country's policies under this president.

Since the days of McGovern, the Democratic Party presidents have labored under the burden to prove they are not peacenik hippies, and are willing to use violence as a tool of foreign policy. I think Obama was doubly mindful of this issue, and has given the military their desired policies on account of that concern.

You may notice that no military leaders have resigned over war crime concerns, which they do not have.

http://americanextremists.thecomicseries.com/images/comics/52/f101abfe2a3a73fb95aebd360b1897322113277909.png

Gayle in MD
06-27-2012, 08:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Carter is a racist. I remember when Carter called Obama "BOY" and the cabal was tripping over their collectivist selves to give him a pass.

Carter is not a racist. I didn't even remember when Carter called Obama's personal biography inspiring around the world, and harkening back to how he started, said how 'this black boy' had no advantages but a loving mother, that the stupidity/propaganda cabal disgraced themselves as they are wont to do, to call him a racist.

That one never went across my radar screen at the time, because it was SO stupid that no one bought it but the rubes who think Brent Bozell is an actual media critic instead of a hack. Here's Bozell's Media Research Center clip. (http://www.mrctv.org/videos/jimmy-carter-refers-obama-black-boy) At least they didn't edit the context, but still.

Besides, you are SUPPOSED to say he's an ANTI-SEMITE! Also not true, of course, but that was the more effective smear that got more traction.

What he does is tell the truth, whether about Israel's policies or this country's policies under this president.

Since the days of McGovern, the Democratic Party presidents have labored under the burden to prove they are not peacenik hippies, and are willing to use violence as a tool of foreign policy. I think Obama was doubly mindful of this issue, and has given the military their desired policies on account of that concern.

You may notice that no military leaders have resigned over war crime concerns, which they do not have.

</div></div>

completely insane for anyone to call President Carter a racist! Pure insanity, annd vicious slander!

If president Obama had on his very first day, issued a presidential directive and announced that he was taking all of our forces out of Iraq annd out of Asghanistan, the right would have presecuted him!

I think it should be clear to most people, the right will crucify this man, regardless of what he does, in fact, all Democrats, in general, regardless of their policies, or if they are right or wrong.

I happen to agree with Democratic policies, far more so than those of Republicans, and in fact, I find Republican Policies to be overall un-American, but I do write about the Democratic policies the I do not agree with.

G.

Soflasnapper
06-27-2012, 09:23 AM
I think it should be clear to most people, the right will crucify this man, regardless of what he does, in fact, all Democrats, in general, regardless of their policies, or if they are right or wrong.

Yes. It is a hallmark of dishonest attacking that whatever the man does, whichever thing he chooses, they attack anyway. Had it been the opposite decision, which by the attack on the decision actually made you'd suppose they'd support, they would attack THAT as well, just reversing their charges.

They don't appear to notice their own dishonesty, as that is a visceral and tribal based reaction based on the IDENTITY of the one attacked as 'the other.'

Truth be told, there is tribalism and visceral dislike on the Democrats' and liberals' side as well, just not so thorough-going and way less powerfully media-driven.

I have to hand it to those guys. They have the hate thing down pat.

Gayle in MD
06-27-2012, 09:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it should be clear to most people, the right will crucify this man, regardless of what he does, in fact, all Democrats, in general, regardless of their policies, or if they are right or wrong.

Yes. It is a hallmark of dishonest attacking that whatever the man does, whichever thing he chooses, they attack anyway. Had it been the opposite decision, which by the attack on the decision actually made you'd suppose they'd support, they would attack THAT as well, just reversing their charges.

They don't appear to notice their own dishonesty, as that is a visceral and tribal based reaction based on the IDENTITY of the one attacked as 'the other.'

Truth be told, there is tribalism and visceral dislike on the Democrats' and liberals' side as well, just not so thorough-going and way less powerfully media-driven.

I have to hand it to those guys. They have the hate thing down pat. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>
I have to hand it to those guys. They have the hate thing down pat. </span> </div></div>

<span style="color: #990000">I'll say! </span>

Soflasnapper
06-27-2012, 12:11 PM
Masterdebaters.

Gayle in MD
06-27-2012, 06:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Masterdebaters. </div></div>

In their own minds. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Sev
06-27-2012, 08:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While the total number of attacks from unmanned aircraft, or drones, and the resulting casualties are murky, the New America Foundation estimates that in Pakistan alone 265 drone strikes have been executed since January 2009 . Those strikes have killed at least 1,488 people, at least 1,343 of them considered militants, the foundation estimates based on news reports and other sources.

</div></div>

Pittance compared to Iraq. </div></div>

So because the number is smaller its perfectly acceptable and defensible???

Surely your not saying that the collateral damage is acceptable losses?

wolfdancer
06-27-2012, 09:43 PM
paraphrasing a few lines from and old song.....when will <s>they</s> he ever learn, when will <s>they</s> he ever learn?

Gayle in MD
06-28-2012, 12:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While the total number of attacks from unmanned aircraft, or drones, and the resulting casualties are murky, the New America Foundation estimates that in Pakistan alone 265 drone strikes have been executed since January 2009 . Those strikes have killed at least 1,488 people, at least 1,343 of them considered militants, the foundation estimates based on news reports and other sources.

</div></div>

Surely your not saying that the collateral damage is acceptable losses? </div></div>

I'm sayiing there is far less collateral damage in using drones, than there is in the overkill of a policy like "Shock and Awe."

In fact, I found Bush particularly offensive, after hearing him use that term, and found those who praised his idiotic egoism, just as irrational, as they threw up paragraphs upon paragrahs of shameless praise over the very comtemplation of bombs and devastation against people who had not done one single thing to hurt their own personal lives, at all!

War is just plain STUPID! No one wins in a war....and there is no more shamful war, than one that has been sold on lies and hidden agendas, all to assuage the the CIC's own personal inner vacancy, when none of it was necessary in the first place.

One would think men would have evolved beyond those sorts of inhumane, ineffective solutions for problem solving by now and learned to use their brains, instead of still resorting to massive Shock and Awe bombing canpaigns, in order to kill off thousands of unseen, innocent people.

G.

Gayle in MD
06-28-2012, 12:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">paraphrasing a few lines from and old song.....when will <s>they</s> he ever learn, when will <s>they</s> he ever learn?
</div></div>

Or maybe that old song... Is that all there is....is that all there is....

Hi there friend! Welcome back!

LWW
06-28-2012, 03:49 AM
Any odds on how long you make it?

Soflasnapper
06-28-2012, 10:08 AM
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g213/vastleft/AE/American-Extremists-06-22-12B.png

Soflasnapper
06-28-2012, 10:09 AM
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g213/vastleft/AE/American-Extremists-06-25-12b.png

Sev
06-30-2012, 01:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While the total number of attacks from unmanned aircraft, or drones, and the resulting casualties are murky, the New America Foundation estimates that in Pakistan alone 265 drone strikes have been executed since January 2009 . Those strikes have killed at least 1,488 people, at least 1,343 of them considered militants, the foundation estimates based on news reports and other sources.

</div></div>

Surely your not saying that the collateral damage is acceptable losses? </div></div>

I'm sayiing there is far less collateral damage in using drones, than there is in the overkill of a policy like "Shock and Awe."

In fact, I found Bush particularly offensive, after hearing him use that term, and found those who praised his idiotic egoism, just as irrational, as they threw up paragraphs upon paragrahs of shameless praise over the very comtemplation of bombs and devastation against people who had not done one single thing to hurt their own personal lives, at all!

War is just plain STUPID! No one wins in a war....and there is no more shamful war, than one that has been sold on lies and hidden agendas, all to assuage the the CIC's own personal inner vacancy, when none of it was necessary in the first place.

One would think men would have evolved beyond those sorts of inhumane, ineffective solutions for problem solving by now and learned to use their brains, instead of still resorting to massive Shock and Awe bombing canpaigns, in order to kill off thousands of unseen, innocent people.

G.

</div></div>

Still murdering innocent people.
How many are considered acceptable?

The Muslims do a bang up job murdering all sorts of people. They are not going to stop any time soon.

LWW
07-01-2012, 01:24 AM
As I predicted, the left sees dead bron people as nothing more than stage props.