PDA

View Full Version : Non-Political Forum Needed

TomBrooklyn
06-28-2012, 10:26 AM
This forum is so focused on politics that it does not serve it's originally intended function as a general anything-besides-pool topic forum.

I suggest renaming this "Political Forum" and creating a new "Non Pool Related" forum for everything besides pool and politics.

Gayle in MD
06-28-2012, 10:36 AM
No one has to read the political posts here.

Post whatever you like, and the other members will indicate their level of overall interest with their responses.

Why try to dictate what others may or may not write on an internet forum, for all other things aside from pool?

G.

Soflasnapper
06-28-2012, 10:53 AM
I agree with both posts here.

Both are valid points.

eg8r
06-28-2012, 04:30 PM
Wow, a blast from the past. Long time no see TB.

eg8r

LWW
06-29-2012, 05:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TomBrooklyn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This forum is so focused on politics that it does not serve it's originally intended function as a general anything-besides-pool topic forum.

I suggest renaming this "Political Forum" and creating a new "Non Pool Related" forum for everything besides pool and politics. </div></div>

Your message needs to be heeded by the cabal. the admins and the mods.

Sev and myself have started numerous non political threads ... all of which were trolled by one or more of the board's hatemongers.

Stretch
06-29-2012, 07:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TomBrooklyn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This forum is so focused on politics that it does not serve it's originally intended function as a general anything-besides-pool topic forum.

I suggest renaming this "Political Forum" and creating a new "Non Pool Related" forum for everything besides pool and politics. </div></div>

Your message needs to be heeded by the cabal. the admins and the mods.

Sev and myself have started numerous non political threads ... all of which were trolled by one or more of the board's hatemongers. </div></div>

This is a non political thread and you just trolled it. So much for your theory. St.

LWW
06-29-2012, 08:18 AM
That was just precious.

sack316
06-29-2012, 08:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TomBrooklyn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This forum is so focused on politics that it does not serve it's originally intended function as a general anything-besides-pool topic forum.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No one has to read the political posts here.

Post whatever you like, and the other members will indicate their level of overall interest with their responses.

Why try to dictate what others may or may not write on an internet forum, for all other things aside from pool?

G.

</div></div>

While I agree with your point Gayle, I also see Tom's concern as well.

It must be frustrating to anyone not interested in the political banter to have to scroll through so much to find anything non-political. I don't think he is trying to dictate what others may or may not write, I think he's saying that the sheer volume of politically charged threads warrants its own section entirely.

Sack

eg8r
06-29-2012, 08:32 AM
I just don't think non-political related topics ever get any traction on this board.

eg8r

LWW
06-29-2012, 08:44 AM
Perhaps he should start some.

Gayle in MD
06-29-2012, 11:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TomBrooklyn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This forum is so focused on politics that it does not serve it's originally intended function as a general anything-besides-pool topic forum.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No one has to read the political posts here.

G.

</div></div>

While I agree with your point Gayle, I also see Tom's concern as well.

It must be frustrating to anyone not interested in the political banter to have to scroll through so much to find anything non-political. I don't think he is trying to dictate what others may or may not write, I think he's saying that the sheer volume of politically charged threads warrants its own section entirely.

Sack </div></div>

My friend, did you really think I required your interpretation of what he wrote?

Thanks for sharing... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

BTW, asked you two days ago for an up-date on the baby....in the thread about Nora...I hope things are going well....

How is he doing?

G.

Qtec
07-02-2012, 01:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree with both posts here.

Both are valid points.

</div></div>

FYI, Tom comes round here every so years and always makes the same post. Ask anybody.

Q

Qtec
07-02-2012, 01:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just don't think non-political related topics ever get any traction on this board.

eg8r </div></div>

That's because you nutjobs are the only real source of entertainment around here. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

It would be really boring here without you guys and your nutjob ideas to entertain us Lefties! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Stick around.

Q

LWW
07-02-2012, 02:34 AM
Yet you never participated in any of them ... except, of course, in your role as troll.

eg8r
07-02-2012, 07:29 AM
And you prove yet again why your own family doesn't want you around and force you to troll the web. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

Sev
07-02-2012, 06:46 PM

Poppycock.

Stretch
07-02-2012, 07:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TomBrooklyn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This forum is so focused on politics that it does not serve it's originally intended function as a general anything-besides-pool topic forum.

Poppycock. </div></div>

Ya, the only difference would be that the same people would disagree on the price of tea in China instead. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif St.

Gayle in MD
07-02-2012, 11:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TomBrooklyn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This forum is so focused on politics that it does not serve it's originally intended function as a general anything-besides-pool topic forum.

Poppycock. </div></div>

Ya, the only difference would be that the same people would disagree on the price of tea in China instead. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif St. </div></div>

China? Did you say China?
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

sack316
07-03-2012, 01:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Poppycock. </div></div>

I just love that word /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Sack

Qtec
07-03-2012, 04:06 AM
I'm pretty sure the last time Tom was here, he posted the same thread.

Poppycock.....classic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpYIKF1wuyE)

"You can't protect the web from a$$holes like me, shorteeee..."

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Q

Qtec
07-03-2012, 04:15 AM
Another Fox classic. OMG (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbc2NaLuv1A&feature=relmfu)
Q

LWW
07-03-2012, 04:49 AM
And that has what to do with the topic at hand?