PDA

View Full Version : Everybody Survive the Storms ok?

Sev
07-01-2012, 08:15 AM
Just wanted to make sure everybody was ok out there after all the storms.

LWW
07-01-2012, 09:36 AM
Absolutely and thanks for asking.

I almost asked the same question ... but the last time I did that we hade a member from the trailerhood and a member from near Baltimore which wound their collectivist knickers in a knot that I would care.

Sev
07-01-2012, 10:41 AM
You have to shrug that stuff off.

That you are concerned in the first place is the important thing. Not how individuals react to the concern.

Gayle in MD
07-01-2012, 10:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just wanted to make sure everybody was ok out there after all the storms. </div></div>

We're fine here thank you Sev.

REally dodged the bullet, though. Our neighbors hundred foot tall, three plus feet in in diameter oak tree just missed our place. It fell into his back fence, and his back yard, and he's got a huge mess to clear out. No one hurt, though, thank goodness.

Another neighbor, four houses up, and across the street, had a huge oak which fell into his roof, went through like a sword, straight through the middle of his roof. No one was hurt! Two miracles, if you could see what they look like.

We made out fine. Lost a couple of exotic lilies, but they will come back next year.

Jim fired up the generator, so we had all of our usual creature comforts, other than cable, but we watched some pf our old favorite movies on the DVD, and some pool tournaments from over the years.

I slept like a baby, after clearing out limbs and branches from the yard and gardens all day, in the heat.

While I am so sorry that my neighbor has that mess in his back yard, I am glad that oak is gone.

That tree always worried me.

Hope you and yours, and others here, also made out well!
G.

Grapenut
07-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Still close to 300,000 without power here in NOVA, Sev. My part of town ( Ashburn ) was not affected, however the folks in Sterling and Herndon are melting, I'm sure. The older parts of this area including all traffic lights are still down. Dominion Virginia Power have called for all available crews from as far away as Texas. This derecho really slammed us hard with winds up to eighty miles per hour.

http://fairfaxcity.patch.com/articles/what-is-a-derecho#youtube_video-10522888

Nut