PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Cooper Finally Comes Out

Gayle in MD
07-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Good for you Anderson. I agree with your statements, as well. You never pretended to be against Gay rights, which is the hypocritical thing about NOT coming out!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Anderson Cooper has, at long last, publicly said he is gay.

Cooper made the announcement in an email to writer Andrew Sullivan.

"The fact is, I'm gay, always have been, always will be, and I couldnít be any more happy, comfortable with myself, and proud," he wrote.

Cooper's sexuality has long been the subject of ample media speculation, but he has never publicly confirmed it -- a fact which he also seemed to address in the email to Sullivan:

"I have always been very open and honest about this part of my life with my friends, my family, and my colleagues. In a perfect world, I don't think it's anyone else's business, but I do think there is value in standing up and being counted. Iím not an activist, but I am a human being and I don't give that up by being a journalist."
You can read the full email here.

</div></div>

See the faces of many other Gays who have come out at:

http://www.Huffingtonpost.com

Soflasnapper
07-02-2012, 10:59 AM
No surprise at the statement content, just that he chose to make the statement at this time. After so many years?

Wonder what the timing means? About to be outed by someone else? Or what?

Gayle in MD
07-02-2012, 11:22 AM
I don't think he had any concerns about being outed.

I think he just felt that everyone already knew, since he never really tried to hide it, and that he should make the statement on behalf of the many others who can take heart in his finally saying what is so, without any apology.

I've always liked him, and I think most people do like him, as they do many other Gay entertainers here, and around the world.

The only way to combat ignorance, is to be proud of what and who you are. As Gay attacks seem to be increasing in the ignorant regions of this country, and we are seeing more tragic stories about our young Gay kids, taking their own lives, and being beaten up, and harrassed, I think probably many Gay Americans in the public eye, find courage, and reason, for making their preferences public.

That was probably why Anderson decided to take a more public route.

Good for him!

G.

llotter
07-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Is there an affirmative action program in place to insure what homos are represented in the workplace and other institutions? Has homoism finally been normalized in America? I wonder if the adopted kids of homo couples are more likely to become homos themselves?

Soflasnapper
07-02-2012, 12:04 PM
A very funny tweet from a NY Times managing editor said CNN is reporting that Cooper is STRAIGHT!

ROFL!

Soflasnapper
07-02-2012, 12:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there an affirmative action program in place to insure what homos are represented in the workplace and other institutions? Has homoism finally been normalized in America? I wonder if the adopted kids of homo couples are more likely to become homos themselves? </div></div>

In order, then:

No.

Yes, pretty much so, well on its way.

I don't think so, but there are likely stats on that one way or another. I think if there were stats saying that was true, we'd all know about them, so I take it as the dog that didn't bark. (Sherlock Holmes reference).

sack316
07-03-2012, 02:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good for you Anderson. I agree with your statements, as well. You never pretended to be against Gay rights, which is the hypocritical thing about NOT coming out!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Anderson Cooper has, at long last, publicly said he is gay.

Cooper made the announcement in an email to writer Andrew Sullivan.

"The fact is, I'm gay, always have been, always will be, and I couldnít be any more happy, comfortable with myself, and proud," he wrote.

Cooper's sexuality has long been the subject of ample media speculation, but he has never publicly confirmed it -- a fact which he also seemed to address in the email to Sullivan:

"I have always been very open and honest about this part of my life with my friends, my family, and my colleagues. In a perfect world, I don't think it's anyone else's business, but I do think there is value in standing up and being counted. Iím not an activist, but I am a human being and I don't give that up by being a journalist."
You can read the full email here.

</div></div>

See the faces of many other Gays who have come out at:

http://www.Huffingtonpost.com </div></div>

Good for him, although I'm sure a lot of ladies are disappointed by that news!

I've always liked him and really liked his quote you gave.

Sack

LWW
07-03-2012, 04:45 AM
This is only an issue to the far fetishes among us.