PDA

View Full Version : Valley Forge

Mike D2
03-03-2002, 08:38 PM
I was wondering if anybody is going or has went to Valley Forge for the Super Billiards expo. This is my first year going down and i have no clue what it is going to be like.

03-03-2002, 11:02 PM
Mike, Valley Forge is in the opinion of many THE pool event of the year for all levels of players who truly love the game. There are amateur tournaments at all levels, both men's and women's pro events for your viewing pleasure, and a consumer expo and buying market for pool cues and all pool related merchandise unlike any other you'll ever see. Yes, the annual BCA trade show is bigger - but it's mainly geared just for those employed in the trade.

This show is for us - the pool players and pool lovers. The only problem I have is constantly being torn between where to be at any given time - watching the men pros, women pros, amateurs and junior events or perusing the show floor for deals. Alan sure doesn't miss out on a chance to make a buck, as this year I assume we'll have to buy 3 separate tickets every day - one for the expo, and one each for the men's and women's pro venues. I'm not complaining though - it's worth it! - Chris in NC

Rich R.
03-04-2002, 08:38 AM
You are certainly right about the choices Chris. Where to be, what to see, what to buy, decisions, decisions, decisions. No bad choices. Just how do I do three or more things at the same time. LMAO. Rich R.~~~less than two weeks and can't wait.

SPetty
03-04-2002, 11:14 AM
This year will be my first visit to Valley Forge. Not playing - just watching. I've got VIP tickets to the men's finals - the women's VIP finals was sold out... Looking forward to watching the amateur events as well.

03-04-2002, 11:54 AM
hey man, yeah i'm gonna be in the junior amateur event at the expo. i dont know what to expect or whats gonna happen. all i know is that i'm gonna play my heart out. what event will you be in?
this is john bastian in PA

Mike D2
03-04-2002, 03:12 PM
I will be playing in the 14 and under.

MaineEAck
03-04-2002, 07:23 PM
Mike and I will be traveling together down to Pa, with Tiffany Nelson, her Boy Friend, Her sister, and Mike's father, So watch out PA, Maine is coming your way! lol

03-05-2002, 10:20 AM

SPetty
03-05-2002, 11:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: whitewolf:</font><hr> Where can I go to buy tickets in advance (i.e. a website)? What are the odds that I could go up on a Saturday, walk in, and just buy tickets to the women's tournament? Or do I need to buy them in advance? Thanks. <hr></blockquote>

www.superbilliardsexpo.com (http://www.superbilliardsexpo.com) is the web site. To get VIP tickets, you have to print out and snail mail a form with a check. At least, now, however, they are listing a phone number on the web site. You may want to call.

As of about a week ago, the VIP tickets to the last two days of the pro women's tournament were sold out. Like I said, I've never been bebore, but I think you can walk in and buy general admission tickets. I don't know if they sell out. If they just keep selling tickets, it seems to me that the general admission would be very crowded.

03-05-2002, 11:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: whitewolf:</font><hr> Where can I go to buy tickets in advance (i.e. a website)? What are the odds that I could go up on a Saturday, walk in, and just buy tickets to the women's tournament? Or do I need to buy them in advance? Thanks. <hr></blockquote>
you can go to superbilliardsexpo.com or buy a ticket as a walk-in. Usually, the VIP seats are sold out by now, but call anyway. The bleacher seats usually don't sell out, you can buy one the day of. Just get in line early, as there is usually a crowd and seating is "biggest guy gets the best seat". I'm playing in the Amateur Open, and if I get a chance, I'll use my VIP tic to watch the girls play.

Joe Marra
03-05-2002, 12:02 PM
Gabriels/Excel Billiards will be at booths 13 &amp; 14. We are introducing a new model pool table. The "Vector" be sure to stop in and see us.