PDA

View Full Version : Things I hate about the iPad!

LWW
07-03-2012, 04:55 AM
It's spell check on the fly.

eg8r
07-03-2012, 07:35 AM
I love it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

Soflasnapper
07-03-2012, 08:41 AM
Can't you turn that feature off?

LWW
07-03-2012, 08:46 AM
Not that I can find.

The real issue is that it assumes what word you are typing before you are finished typing it, and it will then take any typo and extrapolate from that one very bizarre guesses at what was intended.

Soflasnapper
07-03-2012, 09:13 AM
That's like when I text with my Blackberry.

Except when I pull out the physical keyboard. Then the predictive text function is turned off automatically.

So, clearly, all you need to do is pull out the physical keyboard that sits under the I-Pad. Oh, WAIT! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

eg8r
07-03-2012, 11:53 AM
Turn off auto-correct (http://www.ehow.com/how_8135311_turn-off-auto-spell-ipad.html)

eg8r

eg8r
07-03-2012, 11:55 AM
LOL, maybe that keyboard you cherish so much is why blackberry is laying off 5000 more employees and going down in flames while Apple is still looking for banks to hold all their cash. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

However, if you really feel the need to use a keyboard then go ahead and use one. It is quite simple and works just as well.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
07-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Yeah, I mean no.

Cute, but obviously not the reason. RIM sat on their laurels too long and has lost their dominant position which they held for a long time, esp. in corporate settings.

If anything, it is the I-Phone's virtual keyboard that has held it back for a while, and given some of the Droids some leg up, as some of them have the physical keyboard. I-Phone users sometimes use a bluetooth physical keyboard, same as the I-Pad users do, because of the inherent problems with the non-tactile virtual keyboard.

Even Lar' uses the previously unavailable tactile (carbon-fiber?) stylus for 'keyboard' entry, as many people have now adopted, because of the tiny 'keys' of the virtual display that are hard to hit accurately.

eg8r
07-03-2012, 12:54 PM
LOL, the keyboard complaint is 5 years old and the only difference from then till now is about $100 billion in Apple cash.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
07-03-2012, 02:04 PM
You realize, I'm sure, they sell many other products, correct? And are losing market share in the smart phone sector to Droid phones, which under Samsung and LE have half the domestic market?

Could it be because many of the Android phones featured physical keyboards? (Even if they are losing that feature now?)

LWW
07-04-2012, 08:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Turn off auto-correct (http://www.ehow.com/how_8135311_turn-off-auto-spell-ipad.html)

eg8r </div></div>

Thanks. Being an American male I was merely exercising my constitutional right to never use a manual.

LWW
07-04-2012, 08:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's like when I text with my Blackberry.

Except when I pull out the physical keyboard. Then the predictive text function is turned off automatically.

So, clearly, all you need to do is pull out the physical keyboard that sits under the I-Pad. Oh, WAIT! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif </div></div>

If I wanted to carry a keyboard I would have bought a Macbook Air ... which I almost did.

Soflasnapper
07-04-2012, 11:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Turn off auto-correct (http://www.ehow.com/how_8135311_turn-off-auto-spell-ipad.html)

eg8r </div></div>

Thanks. Being an American male I was merely exercising my constitutional right to never use a manual. </div></div>

RTFM! Always a good start.

Soflasnapper
07-04-2012, 11:48 AM
If I wanted to carry a keyboard I would have bought a Macbook Air ... which I almost did.

Those vinyl (whatever) rollup bluetooth keyboards probably run an ounce or two in weight. Still an option!

LWW
07-04-2012, 12:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I wanted to carry a keyboard I would have bought a Macbook Air ... which I almost did.

Those vinyl (whatever) rollup bluetooth keyboards probably run an ounce or two in weight. Still an option! </div></div>

But a air amount of volume.

eg8r
07-04-2012, 08:38 PM
LOL, Well at least you did not start taking the iPad apart looking for a switch. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r