PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Andy..Rest In Peace.

DiabloViejo
07-04-2012, 02:31 AM
My favorite memories of Andy Griffith are of him playing the Sheriff of Mayberry. Mayberry was that special, innocent, wonderful town whose people made us laugh and feel good. Andy was the heart and soul of Mayberry. I will miss you Mr. Griffith, thanks for the warm and lovely memories.

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/557047_453730497978603_2036449260_n.jpg

Gayle in MD
07-04-2012, 05:47 AM
That show was great! Such a perfect combination of characters, and he was the core of all of it.

Seems that everyone who was ever close to him, just loved him!

He must have had a pretty great life.

G.

Soflasnapper
07-04-2012, 11:46 AM
And don't forget his most intense role, playing Dusty Roads, in 'Face in the Crowd.'

His character foreshadowed Glenn Beck and the entire top panoply of the right's cult of personality guys.

One of the few times he played a villain, except in his later years as a dictator in... one of the Austin Powers' movies, was it?

Sev
07-04-2012, 03:55 PM
3 posts to make his death political.

Good job.

I miss Mayberry.

Soflasnapper
07-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Yes, and I got the name wrong as well. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Lonesome Roads, not what I said.

However, it is among Andy's most important roles, and somewhat overlooked. It was probably his best acting in his career, even as it was his career screen debut.

It was seminal enough that the LA Times, among others, featured it in their memorial coverage.

Here's the Seattle Times agreeing and printing the LA Times' piece:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Andy Griffith: Remembering his 'Face in the Crowd'

Andy Griffith, who died Tuesday at the age of 86, made his film debut in 1957's "A Face in the Crowd," playing Lonesome Rhodes, a hard-drinking, womanizing hobo with a gift of gab who becomes an overnight radio and TV sensation who dabbles in populist politics.

By Susan King

Los Angeles Times
</div></div>

link (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/entertainment/2018593210_griffithmovie04.html)

Any resemblance to real people is in the eye of the beholder, and remembering, if the shoe fits...

eg8r
07-04-2012, 08:45 PM
Said day indeed.

eg8r