PDA

View Full Version : Christian Conference In ALABAMA 4 Whites ONLY?

Gayle in MD
07-05-2012, 01:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style='font-size: 11pt'>Whites-Only Christian Conference Held In Alabama By Pastor William J. Collier's Church of God's Chosen
Posted: 07/05/2012 12:27 pm Updated: 07/05/2012 12:56 pm

Pastor William J. Collier and his Church of God's Chosen are holding a Christian conference and all are invited -- as long as they are white.

Flyers for the conference with the title: "Annual Pastors Conference All White Christians Invited" first appeared on Monday in the town of Winfield in western Alabama, outraging many local residents.

According to WECT.com, the mayor of Winfield is adamant that the event is not representative of the community in any way.

"Business people are upset. The city is upset. The city of Winfield does not condone this," Mayor Wayne Silas said.

When asked about the conference's Whites Only policy, Collier offered this explanation to WECT:

"We don't have the facilities to accommodate other people. We haven't got any invitations to black, Muslim events. Of course we are not invited to Jewish events and stuff."

Now underway, the conference is offering seminars on the "America Christian Nation" and "Grass Roots Activism," along with daily worship. The event reportedly is festooned with symbols of the Ku Klux Klan, Confederate flags and white supremecy slogans.

Collier told WSFA48 News the expression of white supremacy is an aspect of the group's religious freedom.

"We are not breaking any laws, we are not violating any ordinances, we are bringing the word of God to people who want it ... who are part of the chosen race," he told the news outlet.

By which he means white people.

When confronted by a reporter with Bible verses on equality of all races, Rev. Mel Lewis, the founder of Christian Identity Ministries, the event's co-sponsor, got defensive:

"Well, you've picked out some wonderful verses out of context and out of the direction of Scripture. All you're doing is making a mockery of God's Word," said Lewis, according to WFSA. "You're absolutely abusing the Scripture."

The three-day conference will conclude on July 6 with a cross burning, which organizers are calling a "Sacred Christian Cross Lighting Ceremony." The flyer makes explicit that the event is for whites only.

</span> </div></div>

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/05..._n_1651268.html (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/05/whites-only-christian-conference-alabama-william-collier_n_1651268.html)

<span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Unbelievable! </span> </span>

cushioncrawler
07-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Jesus iz white.
http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af4/ichigorev/SVU%20pics/DSCF1833.jpg

cushioncrawler
07-05-2012, 05:54 PM
Even the donkey woz a honkey.
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o76/ChristianGillisGoth/JesusRidingOnTheDonkey.jpg

cushioncrawler
07-05-2012, 06:02 PM
Pastor Collier haz never worked in a coal mine.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/bbrowndc78/albino/images-8.jpg

Stretch
07-05-2012, 08:48 PM
Even the donkey was a honkey. LMAO!!

Qtec
07-06-2012, 01:40 AM
Oops. Just posted the same topic.

Q

Qtec
07-06-2012, 01:44 AM
http://www.tlj-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/whi.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">An Alabama pastor, William J. Collier, has upset local residents by hosting a conference only open to “all white Christians.” </div></div>

Q

sack316
07-06-2012, 02:01 PM
You'll be pleased to know this guy is the laughing stock of the state today. Even on the most right-wing Christian conservative radio programs they are lambasting him like crazy!

Sack

Gayle in MD
07-07-2012, 06:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You'll be pleased to know this guy is the laughing stock of the state today. Even on the most right-wing Christian conservative radio programs they are lambasting him like crazy!

Sack </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even on the most right-wing Christian conservative radio programs </div></div>

<span style="color: #990000"> LOL, is there any other kind down there?

I don't go out of my way to look for racist problems annd policies in your state, but, they truly do jump out more and more regularly.

It cannot be denied, that the Red South, and the Red States, consistantly display racist attitudes. AZ is another example, as are the Gulf States in general. It's not just my imaganiation. </span>

http://www.speroforum.com/a/JRYYFJHYKM27/71529-Racist-mob-puts-Alabama-man-in-hospital

http://blogs.berkeley.edu/2011/07/05/racist-new-immigration-law-alabama/

Alabama’s racist new immigration law: From Jim Crow to Juan Crow

When it comes to scapegoating immigrants for America’s woes, the Deep South takes the cake. From slavery to Jim Crow—legalized, racial segregation—to the recent wave of anti-immigration rhetoric and policies, the South has taken the lead, once again, in passing the harshest, racist laws against los de abajo / those on the bottom.

Not wanting to be outdone by other xenophobic states, such as Arizona, Utah, Indiana and Georgia, Alabama Governor Robert Bentley signed HB 56 into law on June 6, 2011. This draconian law targets undocumented immigrants in numerous areas, such as public benefits, employment, housing, public education and law enforcement.

It also promotes racial profiling against all Latinos, with or without legal status in this country, since the law requires that police officers inquire into the citizenship status of all individuals under the guise of “reasonable suspicion.” It doesn’t take a scientific study to predict that those most likely to be targeted will be brown-skinned individuals.In addition to making police officers take on the role of immigration agents or la migra, as Mexican immigrants “fondly” refer to them, HB 56 also transforms teachers and school officials into feared immigration agents by requiring them to check the legal status of all K -12 children.

If instilling fear onto innocent, Spanish-speaking children isn’t cruel and unusual punishment, I don’t know what is.

Cenk on Racist Alabama Republicans: "You Think Obama is Muslim Because... He's Black"
Recently, Public Policy Polling took the temperature of Republicans in the deep South and found some disturbing results: 45% of Alabama GOP voters still believe that President Obama is Muslim (41% are "not sure" and a mere 14% believe that he is Christian, which he is). Meanwhile, in Mississippi, a full 52% still believe that he is Muslim—a remarkable misconception that still plagues him from the racist lie-mongering spread by the right wing during the 2008 election.

Young Turks' Cenk Uygur attempted to explain these poll results, and came up with the only conclusion: racism. "You are wrong. You know what that makes you? Ignorant... I'm not supposed to say that, I'm supposed to be respectful, right? No, I'm not gonna say it, cause you're wrong and you're ignorant. Obama is not Muslim, he is Christian." If that weren't bad enough? The same poll concluded that a mind-boggling third of Southern Republicans still actually believe interracial marriage should be illegal. Are we in the right century? We're all using the internet right now, right? Did we get transported to some alternate universe? If only. Watch Cenk go in on Southern ignorance below.

http://www.alternet.org/newsandviews/art..._he's_black%22/ (http://www.alternet.org/newsandviews/article/853189/cenk_on_racist_alabama_republicans%3A_%22you_think _obama_is_muslim_because..._he's_black%22/)

sack316
07-07-2012, 09:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even on the most right-wing Christian conservative radio programs </div></div>

[color:#990000] [b] LOL, is there any other kind down there?</div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Actually yes there is, believe it or not! There is one relatively new FM talk radio station, faced locally by two local guys (one has an AM and PM show, the other has an afternoon program). While both are certainly conservative in their ideology, their coverage, discussions, and interactions with listeners are far more balanced than any pundits we see on Fux or BSNBC. I really think you'd be pleasantly surprised! You'd disagree with their own personal beliefs much of the time, but I think you'd respect the manner in which they conduct their broadcasts.

Sack

sack316
07-07-2012, 09:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Alabama’s racist new immigration law: From Jim Crow to Juan Crow

When it comes to scapegoating immigrants for America’s woes, the Deep South takes the cake. From slavery to Jim Crow—legalized, racial segregation—to the recent wave of anti-immigration rhetoric and policies, the South has taken the lead, once again, in passing the harshest, racist laws against los de abajo / those on the bottom.

Not wanting to be outdone by other xenophobic states, such as Arizona, Utah, Indiana and Georgia, Alabama Governor Robert Bentley signed HB 56 into law on June 6, 2011. This draconian law targets undocumented immigrants in numerous areas, such as public benefits, employment, housing, public education and law enforcement.

It also promotes racial profiling against all Latinos, with or without legal status in this country, since the law requires that police officers inquire into the citizenship status of all individuals under the guise of “reasonable suspicion.” It doesn’t take a scientific study to predict that those most likely to be targeted will be brown-skinned individuals.In addition to making police officers take on the role of immigration agents or la migra, as Mexican immigrants “fondly” refer to them, HB 56 also transforms teachers and school officials into feared immigration agents by requiring them to check the legal status of all K -12 children.

If instilling fear onto innocent, Spanish-speaking children isn’t cruel and unusual punishment, I don’t know what is.</div></div>

Actually this article has a lot wrong (and a lot right). But it's HB 658 that was signed into law (HB 56 was shot down and rewritten, giving 658).

And it will probably be repealed anyway. Due to the outrage and work of *gasp* state churches and religious leaders!

Sack

Gayle in MD
07-07-2012, 10:17 AM
The fact that it was ever written in the first place, proves my point.

We are seeing more blatant racism in the south, and from the right, not less.

We are also seeing more corruption going on among Christian Religious Organizations, as well.

Here's a good example of something I read abut recently. Pretty disgusting organization all in all, IMO. How does anyone justify putting money in the hands of demons like this:

http://news.yahoo.com/william-lynch-foun...topstories.html (http://news.yahoo.com/william-lynch-found-not-guilty-beating-priest-said-202746328--abc-news-topstories.html)

There is basically a corruption crises happening in all sorts of institutions in this country...in religious institutions, in college sports, and very clearly, in the Repiglican Party, as gthis recent F & F Fiasco proves.

Religious institutions hide their law breaking, and the result is that innocent children are raped and damaged for life.

Their own and lack of oversight and honor, is legendary.....

The policies of deregulation, by Repiglicans, and religious interference into the political realm, where it doesn't belong, EVER, among our most un-American problems right now, IMO.

Our planet is at risk, and much of the denial about it is influenced by Religious BS, which fears an exposure of their mythology, which they sell weekly, without conscience.

Deregulatory Repiglican policies in the banking industry, have destroyed us, and Mitt Rolmney is promising more of them, under the lie that regulations negatively impact jobs. A total scam.

Blatant racism is very prominent in the Repiglican Party, as well as in the south. It isn't a myth, it's a reality.

Is there racism in all states, yes, there likely is, but it is far more prominent in the south, and in flyover, Red States, it's been part of the glue that holds the right wingers together since the sixties.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/972/313/065/?z00m=20346810

G.

LWW
07-07-2012, 07:31 PM
What's amazing is that the left has asigned "RIGHT WING" to this guy even though he shows every sign of being nother lefty long the lines of Fred Phelps.

sack316
07-09-2012, 08:47 AM
Blatant racism is very prominent in the Repiglican Party, as well as in the south. It isn't a myth, it's a reality.

Is there racism in all states, yes, there likely is, but it is far more prominent in the south, and in flyover, Red States, it's been part of the glue that holds the right wingers together since the sixties.
</div></div>

I'd assume the SPLC to be a reputable source for reality, and not myths.

Hate incidents by state for 2012 according to the SPLC (drawn from media sources and court cases):

Alabama: 0
Georgia: 2
Mississippi: 2
Tennessee: 2
Maryland: 3
New York: 11

2011:
Alabama: 2
Georgia: 6
Mississippi: 1
Tennessee: 8
Maryland: 8
New York: 23

Now, I am not a blind fool. Do I actually believe there are ZERO hate incidents in my state this year and only 2 all of last year? Most certainly not. There are plenty of things that go unreported, un-prosecuted, and unnoticed. I know this. I also know my state is not as bad as it is portrayed, while at the same time it is also certainly not as good as we would all hope it to be in this day and time.

Of course (perhaps rightly so) the south is covered like crazy when there is any instance of ignorance or intolerance. We're the poster child for fodder in both reality based broadcast as well as comedy jokes on sitcoms etc. And trust me, I am not so obtuse that I do not realize why this is, because I absolutely do!

That said, just because we still garner all the attention doesn't mean we're any worse than anywhere else. I know enough military folks who came down here "scared" but were then pleasantly surprised.

Come visit and see... I'll leave the cross on for ya /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

Gayle in MD
07-09-2012, 09:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

I'd assume the SPLC to be a reputable source for reality, and not myths.

Hate incidents by state for 2012 according to the SPLC (drawn from media sources and court cases):

Alabama: 0
Georgia: 2
Mississippi: 2
Tennessee: 2
Maryland: 3
New York: 11

2011:
Alabama: 2
Georgia: 6
Mississippi: 1
Tennessee: 8
Maryland: 8
New York: 23

Now, I am not a blind fool. Do I actually believe there are ZERO hate incidents in my state this year and only 2 all of last year? Most certainly not. There are plenty of things that go unreported, un-prosecuted, and unnoticed. I know this. I also know my state is not as bad as it is portrayed, while at the same time it is also certainly not as good as we would all hope it to be in this day and time.

Of course (perhaps rightly so) the south is covered like crazy when there is any instance of ignorance or intolerance. We're the poster child for fodder in both reality based broadcast as well as comedy jokes on sitcoms etc. And trust me, I am not so obtuse that I do not realize why this is, because I absolutely do!

That said, just because we still garner all the attention doesn't mean we're any worse than anywhere else. I know enough military folks who came down here "scared" but were then pleasantly surprised.

Come visit and see... I'll leave the cross on for ya /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack </div></div>

A very good and reasonable follow up, friend.

It still doesn't explain why all of the racist hate groups are so predominate in southern states.

Additionally, explain why southern Democrats, left the party after the Equal Rights Amendment, and joined the Republican Party, which has certainly proven their racist leanings through their policies.

You're not one of those people who deny that the Civil War was about slavery, are you?

Now we all do judge things mostly from what we see in our contemporaries, more than any other way, I think, right or wrong.

Every Republican I know personally, is also a racist. Every single one.

Additionally if we look at state policies, the picture becomes even more clear, IMO.

While State by state comparisons my not provide a true picture, I don't think the proliferation of hate groups, radical religious racist groups, the KKK, proliferation of RW militias, abortion bombings, IOW, the domestic terrorist threats which are highlighted in the SPLC's warnings, are focused in blue states. They are clearly government haters, as usual, who are focused in Red States, which is why Republicans were so outraged over the SPLC's warnings.

I should also add that I love travelilng through the south. I own properties in the south. I often vacation in the south. Some southern cities are among my favorite place to spend time. nevertheless, the south is, IMO, far more racist in nature, than other parts of our country. That's just my own experience, as well. We have racist folks in Maryland, as well. I just don't think they are irrational enough to organize in groups, targetting other ethnic groups, and plot and plan violent attacks.

There is plenty of proven history that confirms a link between government haters, and violence. The same thing exists in radical religious organization, as well.

I don't think that can be denied, either.
G.

sack316
07-09-2012, 10:00 AM
A very good and reasonable follow up, friend.</div></div>

Thank you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It still doesn't explain why all of the racist hate groups are so predominate in southern states.</div></div>

181 active hate groups in the New England states alone. 84 more in California (nearly twice that of Texas).

Are there more in the south? Certainly, but I'd say "predominate" is a bit of a strong word considering the numbers... and especially considering how "forward thinking" progressive these areas are supposed to be. For example, I'm sure NOBODY (myself included) would say that the Maryland/DC areas have as high of hate group instances as Alabama. And yes, Alabama "wins" this tally, but only by one active group (32 vs 31).

And please bare in mind this is not me "defending" Alabama, or the south, or saying any one area is better or worse than the other. I simply point this out to illustrate the ignorance of hate and intolerance exists far too rampantly everywhere... and denial/ignoring that fact does nothing to help the problem. The South is a scapegoat... and a damn good one too. But example of my point would be Californians mocking the "hillbilly uneducated Alabama rednecks" for said intolerance, all the while serving as host for the highest number of hate groups in the country.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're not one of those people who deny that the Civil War was about slavery, are you?</div></div>

No ma'am, I am not. It certainly was a big part of it. You're not one of those people who think the Civil War was ONLY about slavery, are you?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now we all do judge things mostly from what we see in our contemporaries, more than any other way, I think, right or wrong.</div></div>

Very fair and accurate comment there

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Every Republican I know personally, is also a racist. Every single one.</div></div>

This would get into the muddy waters and blurry lines of what one would consider racism. We could find something "racist" in every single person if we so chose to define different things as such. We all have predispositions and thoughts through our experiences (as you said, right or wrong). I'd say that would be a different discussion entirely and would take far too long to get into right now lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I should also add that I love travelilng through the south. I own properties in the south. I often vacation in the south. Some southern cities are among my favorite place to spend time. nevertheless, the south is, IMO, far more racist in nature, than other parts of our country. That's just my own experience, as well. We have racist folks in Maryland, as well. I just don't think they are irrational enough to organize in groups, targetting other ethnic groups, and plot and plan violent attacks.</div></div>

The South is a beautiful place /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I won't go into debate on the rest of that right now as I posted a little bit earlier. But I think it is suffice to say we can both agree that hate is hate, regardless of where it comes from.

Sack

Gayle in MD
07-09-2012, 10:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But I think it is suffice to say we can both agree that hate is hate, regardless of where it comes from.

Sack </div></div>

<span style="color: #990000"> I surely agree with that. And, BTW, I do believe that slavery was the entire reason why the civil war came about.

While some folks called it, States Rights, but clearly, it was more about the fact that the south did not want to give up the slaves in their fields.

My opinion, of course, after a fair amount of reading on the subject, over the course of my lifetime.

I might add, as for slavery, those wealthy Tobacco growers of Maryland were just as guilty on that subject. Several old southern families of tobacco growers in Maryland, a number of families who I now consider as having been total racists, looking back, were very good friends of the entire Irish/English side of my family.

If you remember the Bob Dylan song about the drunken William Zanzinger, of La Plata, Maryland, who hit the black waitress, (mother of eight young children I believe) with his cane, supposedly one of those carnival cains, and killed her at a big exclusive ball, I believe she actually died of a stroke?

Billy was married to a very close friend of ours, who had grown up across a country road from my aunt and uncle, in Croom, Maryland.

She was practically a part of our family. We all grew up playing soft together ball together on weekends.

There was plenty of racism in Maryland, back in those days, and plenty of white people who were very good to poor blacks, as well. There is always a mix. But I say as well, the kindnesses and help for poor blacks, in those days, most often came from the white women, not the white men.

G. </span>