PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Conservatism

Qtec
07-06-2012, 02:14 AM
Obama should just run this 24/7.

Old Mitt destroys New Mitt...LOL (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIPynMZuQtI)

RM has a longer clip. start at the 6 min mark..an American principle. (http://video.msnbc.msn.com/the-rachel-maddow-show/48089084#48089084)

RW obliterates the Romney campaign.

Gold.

Q

Gayle in MD
07-06-2012, 02:35 AM
There is no question that Romney thinks he's got this in the bag. Probably because he is so used to buying whatever he wanted his entire life, and now, he is buying the election.

So if they are so sure that this president is such a failure, how come the lawless conservatives are out there blocking our citizens from voting!

This is a blatant, organized plot to prevent Democratic voters from being able to vote.

We are going to see riots in our streets, if the Department of Justice fails to prevent this illegal action by REPIGLICANS.

Can the DOJ request emergency action from the Supreme Court?

Something must be done. They are doing exactly what they did in Floriduh and Ohio!

G.

Gayle in MD
07-06-2012, 11:31 PM
Did you see this?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/vp/48101871#48101871

Qtec
07-07-2012, 02:31 AM
No I didn't. Watch it later.

I see no takers from the RW mob on this or the thread on 'deficits don't matter.'

What a surprise.

Q

Gayle in MD
07-07-2012, 06:43 AM
I don't see a thread on 'deficits don't matter'....Is that the title?

G.

LWW
07-07-2012, 08:01 PM
I LOVE THE SMELL OF DEMBOT FEAR

llotter
07-08-2012, 07:10 AM
I agree that once conservatives concede that it is the responsibility of gov. to pay for the ill in society then they are caught in a contradiction. It is shameful that they gave in to the liberal demand and left themselves without a principled leg to stand on.

Gayle in MD
07-08-2012, 07:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree that once conservatives concede that it is the responsibility of gov. to pay for the ill in society then they are caught in a contradiction. It is shameful that they gave in to the liberal demand and left themselves without a principled leg to stand on. </div></div>

Your statement doesn't make any sense whatsoever to me.

We have seen efforts from the right, and from the left, by both Democratic and Republican presidents, over many decades, to address our failed, for profit, unsustainably high cost, poor results, health care and corrupt insurance industries.

This wasn't a hard party line issue until the Republican Party became the radicalized party of no.

Most Americans do not think we should let poor people, or people who cannot afford health insurance, die in our streets. Those who are just fine with people dying because they are not wealthy, are not Americans, in the true sense of the word, in my view.

G.

llotter
07-08-2012, 09:38 AM
The point I was trying to make is that in a free society, the responsibility for the welfare of the individual citizens is left to those citizens. If their fellow citizens want to help the helpless, a free society demands that such help be voluntary and not forced else freedom disappears.

Before the advent of the Welfare State, there were no people dying in the streets so that threat rings hollow.

And, I agree that the growth of the Welfare State was non-partisan but that was when the Republicans were a small minority and had no say in what happened in Congress between 1954 and 1984. Republicans gave no more that lip service to their founding principle of limited government but the continued growth and its consequent disastrous manifestations have, at long last, caused them to revive, at the insistence of their constituents, their small government roots.

It seems that the Republican principle proved to be quite popular and pulled them out of their perpetual minority status but many of the stogy old party stalwarts simply don't like taking on the responsibility of leadership in a direction that goes against their voting record of compromise.

We are at the doorstep of a world wide depression thanks, in my opinion, to the government confiscating too much of the resources, the seed corn that perpetuates the growth and prosperity of the economy. It is not good enough merely to reform the Nanny State, it must be phased out entirely to restore our freedom and our economy.

Gayle in MD
07-08-2012, 09:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most Americans do not think we should let poor people, or people who cannot afford health insurance, die in our streets. Those who are just fine with people dying because they are not wealthy, are not Americans, in the true sense of the word, in my view.

G.
</div></div>