PDA

View Full Version : ObamaTax Law: 13,000 + pages of new regulations

Sev
07-06-2012, 05:41 AM
Dont worry folks. You wont ever have to be worried about being constipated ever again.
<span style="color: #000000">
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012...-obamatax-law/

<span style='font-size: 23pt'>Lawyers Have Already Drafted 13,000 Pages of Regulations for New ObamaTax Law</span>

http://thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/obamatax.jpg
It’s a lawyer’s dream!
Officials have already drafted 13,000 pages of new regulations for the new ObamaTax law.
FOX News reported:

With the Supreme Court giving President Obama’s new health care law a green light, federal and state officials are turning to implementation of the law — a lengthy and massive undertaking still in its early stages, but already costing money and expanding the government.

The Health and Human Services Department “was given a billion dollars implementation money,” Republican Rep. Denny Rehberg of Montana said. “That money is gone already on additional bureaucrats and IT programs, computerization for the implementation.”

“Oh boy,” Stan Dorn of the Urban Institute said. “HHS has a huge amount of work to do and the states do, too. There will be new health insurance marketplaces in every state in the country, places you can go online, compare health plans.”

The IRS, Health and Human Services and many other agencies will now write thousands of pages of regulations — an effort well under way:

“There’s already 13,000 pages of regulations, and they’re not even done yet,” Rehberg said.

“It’s a delegation of extensive authority from Congress to the Department of Health and Human Services and a lot of boards and commissions and bureaus throughout the bureaucracy,” Matt Spalding of the Heritage Foundation said. “We counted about 180 or so.”

There has been much focus on the mandate that all Americans obtain health insurance, but analysts say that’s just a small part of the law — covering only a few pages out of the law’s 2700.

“The fact of the matter is the mandate is about two percent of the whole piece of the legislation,” Spalding said. “It’s a minor part.”

Much bigger than the mandate itself are the insurance exchanges that will administer $681 billion in subsidies over 10 years, which will require a lot of new federal workers at the IRS and health department.

“They are asking for several hundred new employees,” Dorn said. “You have rules you need to write and you need lawyers, so there are lots of things you need to do when you are standing up a new enterprise.”

For some, though, the bottom line is clear and troubling: The federal government is about to assume massive new powers.

Hat Tip Gini

Then there’s this…
The Obama Administration has already lined up an army of IRS agents to dole out fear and punishment.
__________________</span>

Qtec
07-06-2012, 05:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For some, though, the bottom line is clear and troubling: The federal government is about to assume massive new powers. </div></div>

Not that old crap AGAIN!

Heard it before.

link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bejdhs3jGyw)

...and giving women the right to vote is the end of civilisation as we know it.etc... BLAH,BLAH,BLAH...same old crap.

Q

Soflasnapper
07-06-2012, 09:40 AM
And how this GOP Representative from Montana knows this remains unclear.

Maybe he got it from the Urban Institute guy who is also cited as the source for this in other reports.

And HE would know, because.... ???

Rehberg may be correct, or he may be more like Michelle Bachmann, putting the latest rumor into the record as supposed fact.

But we can be sure this is so because.... uh, Fox News reported it? (No, of course not).

Well, because it is all over the conservative blogosphere, and THEY never make any mistakes? (No, of course not.)

So, let's take one GOP House member's word for it, because those guys, they're sharp, and don't make mistakes?

In fact, they were being 'conservative' with the estimates. It's really 13 gazillion pages, consuming all the paper east of the Mississippi. And my claim has as much backing it as this claim does, when you look more closely at it.

eg8r
07-06-2012, 10:32 AM
You sure do like to hear yourself speak.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
07-06-2012, 12:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You sure do like to <s>hear</s> read yourself <s>speak</s> type.

eg8r </div></div>

Here's an idea!

Maybe you could ignore things you find unpleasant to read, or actually, not read them in the first place.

I think you can now find some dozen or more threads I am not on, at all. Maybe those will be more to your liking.

Just tryin' to help.

eg8r
07-06-2012, 03:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe you could ignore things you find unpleasant to read, or actually, not read them in the first place.</div></div>LOL, more thin skin I see. And your corrections make no sense whatsoever. Maybe you like to "watch" yourself type but read yourself type makes no sense. YOur ranting is funny. I read out of morbid curiousity, sort of like watching an accident happen. You know you really shouldn't watch but you do anyways.

LOL, you take your "attempt" at humor very seriously and I find that amusing.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
07-06-2012, 04:12 PM
I know it didn't make a lot of sense, but then, I was trying to work with your 'hear yourself speak' which made still less sense than that for posts on this forum. (For the record, I do not mumble under my breath as I read. Or breathe through my mouth, normally.)

Nothing to do with thin skin, either.

If you feel strongly that I'm posting inappropriately, please contact the moderators, as clearly, you have not gained my buy-in on what it is you imply I shouldn't do here.

Still doin' it, freely, as I think is the point around here, no?

And for the record, my point was that I think there is a fact-free basis for the claim of 13,000 pages of new (drafted) regulations, by which I mean, no basis at all.

Did you wish to agree or disagree with that? Or just snipe?

eg8r
07-06-2012, 06:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know it didn't make a lot of sense, but then, I was trying to work with your 'hear yourself speak' which made still less sense than that for posts on this forum</div></div>We both know you talk out loud while you type and you use your finger to scroll across the screen while you read. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Posting inappropriately? Give me a break. You were just running off at the mouth. No more or less. Everything you said could have been summed up in a sentence or two but you have been very wordy lately leading me to believe your more natural tendencies are floating to the top the longer you stick around. One of those is probably the fact that you like to hear yourself speak. It means you can't shut up once you start. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif My post here is an example, on purpose, to see if you catch on. You just keep going and going and going and going.

Your need to ask if I agree with your BS is funny though. You already know what I think about the current tax law, so given the fact that you like to tell us how smart you are, why don't you try and figure it out. Go back and read what I have said should be done with our tax law and see if I think we really need 13,000 more pages. Whether the number 13,000 is true or not, if it is merely 1 more page you should be able to figure out where I will be on the subject.

eg8r &lt;~~~cracks up every time sofla brags about how smart he is and then shows just how little common sense he has

Qtec
07-07-2012, 04:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">eg8r &lt;~~~cracks up every time sofla brags about how smart he is and then shows just how little common sense he has
</div></div>

It cracks me up every time you say that!

You have no 'common' sense. You can only think of yourself.

Q

Gayle in MD
07-07-2012, 07:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For some, though, the bottom line is clear and troubling: The federal government is about to assume massive new powers. </div></div>

Not that old crap AGAIN!

Heard it before.

link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bejdhs3jGyw)

...and giving women the right to vote is the end of civilisation as we know it.etc... BLAH,BLAH,BLAH...same old crap.

Q </div></div>

We need a Pinocchio icon on here for Sev's titles. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Sev
07-07-2012, 07:45 AM
I have an aristocratic nose thank you very much.

Gayle in MD
07-07-2012, 07:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have an aristocratic nose thank you very much. </div></div>

Really, well take a sniff of this!

Here's a clip that exposes the corruption and lies of the crooks who are heroes to righties, protected by Repiglicans, and are now acting like they have a perfect right, to steal.

Same flavor of crooks who led us into the housing meltdown, and walked away with everyone else's money stuffed into their own pockets. Here's your Repiglican style, unregulated, free market you love so much. The guys that you annd Ed admire to much. Listen to it all the way through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oV2mI0IYp8

Sev
07-07-2012, 07:58 AM
Your lefties are just as guilty Gayle.

The government is the problem. Not the solution.

Gayle in MD
07-07-2012, 08:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your lefties are just as guilty Gayle.

The government is the problem. Not the solution. </div></div>

It sure was the problem, after six years of Repiglicans running the country, and we all know where that led us.

"Republicans keep telling us that government is the problem, not the solution, then they get into office and prove it!"

Bill Maher

Sev
07-07-2012, 09:44 AM
Same with the lefties.

To bad we dont have any Grover Cleavland's anymore.

Gayle in MD
07-07-2012, 09:57 AM
No Democratic president, and/or Democratic majority, ever put this country into the colossal mess created by and left by Bush and the Repiglican blank check congress.

Sorry, they aren't the same, not at all.

G.

Sev
07-07-2012, 10:20 AM
Seems to me many of the problems began to occur at the tail end of democrat presidencies and into republican presidencies.
There is a lag time between policy implementation and effect.

Gayle in MD
07-07-2012, 10:33 AM
That is no excuse.

Every President can make changes that improve things, just as every congress can, as well.

Bush and the Repigs had six long years, and the results were disastrous.

That cannot be denied.

G.

Soflasnapper
07-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Whether the number 13,000 is true or not, if it is merely 1 more page you should be able to figure out where I will be on the subject.

By your disregard and scorn of the question of whether it's true or not, you show tolerance of any lie if it fits with your world view otherwise.

Did Obama spend $1 billion on a trip to Asia? Who cares, ANY AMOUNT he spends is TOO MUCH, for ANYTHING! So let's just presume the lie is accurate, who cares if it is not? It's fair to lie about bad people, after all, especially if it gets the job done.

Yes, I read you loud and clear. "Do not argue details. Stop with the multiple paragraphs required to do so. Lalala, I can't HEAR you!!!"

LWW
07-07-2012, 05:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And how this GOP Representative from Montana knows this remains unclear. </div></div>

Perhaps it was as simple as he paid attention?

Soflasnapper
07-07-2012, 06:38 PM
He paid attention, when he was.... ???

What? In a hearing? Was he the only one there for that briefing?

Fact is, he hasn't said what his source is, and if his source was a hearing in a committee room, others would have been there as well.

Yet it is sourced only to him saying it, and the Urban Institute guy saying it. So far as can be told so far, the Congressman may simply be repeating the UI guy's claim, and THAT was what he was paying attention to.

We have any number of GOP senators and reps saying all kinds of false things, both in remarks on the floor, and in outside public statements. One was so egregiously false that the ALIBI from his mouth pieces was 'he didn't intend to make a factual remark.'

Yes, the Might Wurlitzer of the Right (TM), peace be upon it!, has picked it up, which I saw when I went looking for a definitive source. They all cite these same remarks, which to date remain unsubstantiated.

LWW
07-07-2012, 07:08 PM
Did you even read the article?

eg8r
07-07-2012, 11:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">By your disregard and scorn of the question of whether it's true or not, you show tolerance of any lie if it fits with your world view otherwise.</div></div>LOL, I guess you really couldn't figure it out. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif What a laugh, I refer back to my statement about your common sense.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
07-08-2012, 12:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you even read the article? </div></div>

Sure, although the link was bad, or the article moved on the linked website.

Here's the original Fox report. (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/03/efforts-to-implement-obamacare-law-raise-concerns-massive-government-expansion/#ixzz1ziuZDCSV)

It's identical to what was reproduced here.

All citations are no more than what is provided here.

One GOP rep gives that number. Other numbers are alleged by someone from Heritage.