PDA

View Full Version : Flashback of the Day

Qtec
07-07-2012, 01:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> "You guys are bright enough to look at the numbers. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>I came in and the jobs had been just falling right off a cliff, I came in and they kept falling for 11 months. And if you are going to suggest to me that somehow the day I got elected, somehow jobs should have immediately turned around, well <u>that would be silly.</u></span> It takes awhile to get things turned around. We were in a recession, we were losing jobs every month."

-- Mitt Romney, at a press conference in June 2006 saying reporters were unfair to hold him accountable for disappointing jobs data.

Here's the video: link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ArRj-dQXX3Y#!) </div></div>

Now he does the same to Obama and calls it legitimate!

Q

Gayle in MD
07-07-2012, 07:26 AM
Typical Repiglican Hypocrite!

Soflasnapper
07-07-2012, 01:07 PM
When he was right, he was right.

So long since that was true, unfortunately.

Grapenut
07-07-2012, 02:34 PM
http://i923.photobucket.com/albums/ad77/mdmeeks1010/WTexasRainGauge.jpg

What a veritable flood of good information you folks are !!!

Nut

eg8r
07-07-2012, 11:04 PM
You are right, he was whining and Obama took great notes. It is a shame to see you support Obama's whining and chastise Romney for paving the way.

eg8r

Qtec
07-08-2012, 12:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are right, he was whining and Obama took great notes. It is a shame to see you support Obama's whining and chastise Romney for paving the way.

eg8r </div></div>

That's where you are wrong,<u> he wasn't whining. He was stating a fact.</u>

Q

Soflasnapper
07-08-2012, 12:48 AM
Whining, if that's what you wish to claim (it wasn't whining), about some childish reporters' theories that once elected, everything necessary to change an ECONOMY can be done immediately. That's untrue, and as Romney is quoted to say, silly.

It's more a dishonest attack than a realistic question, unless the reporters were wholly unknowledgeable (as they may well have been, of course).

Soflasnapper
07-08-2012, 12:49 AM
JINX!

Qtec
07-08-2012, 01:41 AM
LOL.

Actually, my post would have been first! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I was writing a long reply to egor and then thought, what's the point. No amount of logic or facts can affect him. He has proved that time and time again.

Q

Soflasnapper
07-08-2012, 01:37 PM
I didn't know if that would translate as what I learned to say when things were said at the same time, as a kid.

Yes, you did beat me, although not until I had hit 'post,' when I then saw your reply ahead of me. At the time, the board showed about 10 seconds difference for the posts.