PDA

View Full Version : Healthcare Act 'Worst Idea I Ever Had'

Qtec
07-07-2012, 02:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Romney Blasts Supreme Court, Calling Healthcare Act 'Worst Idea I Ever Had'
Vows to Repeal Own Law

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report) – Just minutes after the Supreme Court upheld President Obama’s Affordable Care Act, Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney slammed the Court, calling the law “the worst idea I ever had.”

“I vow to repeal this law on my first day in office,” he told a crowd at a campaign rally. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>“Until then, I will work tirelessly to make people forget that I used to totally love it.”</span>

At the White House, President Obama greeted the news of the Court’s decision in muted fashion: “I haven’t been this pumped since I smoked bin Laden.”

Dissenters in the 5-4 decision included Justice Antonin Scalia, who wrote, “The only medical procedures the government should pay for are forced transvaginal ultrasounds and exorcisms.”

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell also had harsh words for the healthcare law, telling reporters, “Under Obamacare, you will be forced to marry a gay doctor.”

But perhaps the most negative appraisal came from Speaker of the House John Boehner: <span style='font-size: 17pt'>"This is a dark day for America. If we are forced to have healthcare, it's only a matter of time before we have education."</span> Get a free subscription to the Borowitz Report here. </div></div>

LOL. So funny, so true. LMAO

Q

Gayle in MD
07-07-2012, 07:28 AM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif That's what makes him so funny, so much truth to his humor.

As for Romney, he has a long history of worst ideas, and probobaly the Massachusettes Health Care Plan was the best thing he's ever done. But that doesn't wipe out his corruption, hidden secret corrupt dealings, tax evasions, jobs killing and outsourcing, and his other repulsive personality traits, like attacking amother classmate for being gay, and abusing the family dog, and causing physical harm for a blind man, but basically being a low down POS!

This man would be an absolute disaster for this country!

G.

Grapenut
07-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Tell me Gayle, what part of the country is left that knows how to identify a disaster ?

I'll wait while you confer with Stenie.

Nut

Gayle in MD
07-07-2012, 11:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grapenut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tell me Gayle, what part of the country is left that knows how to identify a disaster ?

<span style="color: #990000"> I have no idea what you're driving at, however, knowing how to identify a disaster certainly wasn't happening in the White House, from 2001 through 2008, of that you may be sure.

Additionally, Republicans, as a policy, deny actual impending disasters, and hence, always fail to prevent them.

Worse, they deny science, and deny the current scientific proof of global warming, and remove regulations which keep our air, water, and food clean from indsutrialized poisons, which leads to greater sickness, and higher birth defects.

They blockade progress in facing, and addressing the urgent need to move away from energy policies which exacerbate pollution, and they have consistantly blocked investing in clean, renewable fuels.

They are far too war happy, and fail miserably to tell the truth about any given national issue.

They block voters from voting. Demonize decent, hard working Americans, and promote division among our citizens, with their incessant lies.

As if that isn't enough, they seek to remove other human rights, beyond the right to vote, rights which have already been constitutionalized and have been considered settled law for decades.

There isn't a single important issue or disaster we currently face, which cannot be traced directly back to Republican policies.

Any other questions?

Oh, and in the future I will give you my honest answers for any questions you might want to ask, but only if they do not include personal insults.

G.
</span>

I'll wait while you confer with Stenie.

Nut </div></div>

<span style="color: #990000"> As for your insulting "Crack"...if that's what it was, Steny is a good friend, whom I have known for many, many years. We grew up in the same area, attended the same schools, and although he was quite a few years ahead of me in school, he was one of my older sister's friends, so I have known him since childhood.

As adults we became good friends through my active part in his campaigns.

Steny was always a brilliant student, who gave one hundred percent of his time and effort to his fellow classmates, his community, and to his family, and has been a leader throughout his life.

A dedicated father, and husband, until he lost his lovely wife, to whom he was completely dedicated, until her death.

I have supported him in every possible way that I can, and will continue to do so. He's a great man, and has served this country, and my state, very well for many years.

G.

</span>