PDA

View Full Version : Disgusted

10-04-2002, 08:26 AM
I am tired of having pool pre-empted by ESPN. Wed of this week, pool was totally pre-empted by sports. Last night,Thursday, there was a delayed start to the Classic by one hald hour due to a football game and then the pool segment was cut short by one half due to time restrictions.
Let's hope that there is more exposure via TV, etc so that more people will demand TV coverage.

John

nAz
10-04-2002, 09:13 AM
hehe i was watching it too FB score was 31-10 with under 4 min left,my clock said 11:02, im thinking here we go, pool match will be cut short. Sure enough im watching the pool match (started at 11:20 something) Gerda wins a game score is 3-1 allison they go to 5 min comercial and then come back to a 6-3 score Alison on hill with break,
give me a Break!

10-04-2002, 09:38 AM
I don't see why pool can't be done like an infomercial. Why can't a company like accu-stats buy time on cable and show the tournament and sell their own advertising time, completely self produced. It could even be underwritten like the stuff on PBS by somebody like the BCA. With all the cable stations I am shocked it is not being done. Does anyone know what it really cost to buy air time on some of those channels? Not necessarily prime. It could be midnight as long as it was consistent.

nAz
10-04-2002, 09:41 AM
Good Idea.
hey how about putting it on public access cable TV. only cost like $40 ahalf hour or so.

Wally_in_Cincy
10-04-2002, 09:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> I don't see why pool can't be done like an infomercial. Why can't a company like accu-stats buy time on cable and show the tournament and sell their own advertising time, completely self produced. It could even be underwritten like the stuff on PBS by somebody like the BCA. With all the cable stations I am shocked it is not being done. Does anyone know what it really cost to buy air time on some of those channels? Not necessarily prime. It could be midnight as long as it was consistent. <hr></blockquote>

Actually that's what the WPBA does. They produce their own tapes, pay ESPN to show 'em and in return they can sell some of the commercial time themselves. They just don't have enough pull to get ESPN to air them at specific times.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

You have the right idea. I keep saying if pool was on at a specific time each week viewership would quadruple.