PDA

View Full Version : The Moron commits felony in last campaign

llotter
07-08-2012, 11:01 AM
Running illegal lotteries to raise money and a federal crime but that is exactly what The Moron did in his '08 presidential campaign. I wonder if he gave himself pardon.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/07/obamas_problem_obeying_the_law.html

Soflasnapper
07-08-2012, 11:36 AM
Hold on a minute.

You don't need to go back to '07, or '08.

How about '12? That would work better, in case there is some issue of statute of limitations (as I imagine there is, and possibly 5 years would be the number).

This year, for a $3 dollar donation (or more, of course), Obama offered what sounds like the same lottery-- by a random chance, and by the payment of this (admittedly small) entry fee, you could get a chance to attend a dinner with Obama (I think at the home of George Clooney, and at least one other occasion), with all expenses paid for travel and lodging, iirc.

However, the obvious conclusion, since he's definitely repeated the tactic and THIS YEAR in fact, is that there are no legal issues raised by that action.

How can that be concluded? The old dog that didn't bark argument, from Sherlock Holmes. Back then, and now.

The claim of how this same tactic is now legal is that Obama allowed entry without the payment of the 'lottery' kind of fee. But that isn't true for the Clooney fundraiser. No one could get in without paying. It just happened. No complaints, even from this guy writing in semi-real time, just a month or so after he did it again.