PDA

View Full Version : Obama spokesman snarks back...

Soflasnapper
07-08-2012, 02:42 PM
From alicublog:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> CATCHING ON. Here's the latest horseshit from BuzzFeed:

The New Obama Typeface: Revolution Gothic
A source points out that President Barack Obama's new typeface is Revolution Gothic, a style inspired by retro Cuban propaganda posters. Who vets the fonts?

So far so Drudge. But, to my delight, this is immediately followed by the Obama camp response:

(Obama press secretary Ben LaBolt emails: “Your GOP operative should have had the courtesy to stay sober before noon, and BuzzFeed should go back to labeling cat slideshows.”)

I hope this perfectly sensible and hilarious reply catches on and the Democrats eventually start responding to all this stupid shit with an animated gif of Joe Biden giving the jerk-off salute.</div></div>

LWW
07-09-2012, 05:01 AM
Weren't you oneof those insisting that the regime wasn't copying it's propaganda style from Lenin's Soviet Union era?

This actually should come as no surprise.

Soflasnapper
07-09-2012, 07:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Weren't you oneof those insisting that the regime wasn't copying it's propaganda style from Lenin's Soviet Union era?

This actually should come as no surprise. </div></div>

I'd be happy to insist that now, but no, I don't recall any discussion of this in the past or any position I've taken on it previously. Perhaps you can disabuse me of this allegedly faulty memory?

So, you believe they INTENTIONALLY copied Che Guevera style fonts? (You realize that Che was in a separate era from Lenin? Or don't you?)

Qtec
07-10-2012, 03:42 AM
Actually, I think LWW might be on to something here!

Come to think of it, if you examine Obama's handwriting, his 'S' does look mighty like half a swastika!!!!!

I'm just saying.

Q /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Soflasnapper
07-10-2012, 11:16 AM
You are spot on!

Whether the Lenin era, the Hitler era, the Che era-- hey it's gotta be ONE of them, surely!

Probably a synthesis of ALL OF THEM!! HA!