PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate.

Qtec
07-10-2012, 05:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don’t think the common person is getting it. Nobody understands why Obama is hurting them. My college kid, <span style='font-size: 23pt'>the baby sitters, the nails ladies — everybody who’s got the right to vote — they don’t understand what’s going on.</span>

<span style="color: #000099">She says after her husband paid $75,000 to kiss Willard,s a$$!!!</span>

I just think if you’re <u>lower income</u> — one, you’re not as educated; two, they don’t understand how it works, they don’t understand how the systems work, they don’t understand the impact. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 26pt'>If there’s ever been a better synopsis of elite Republican philosophy, I can’t think of it.</span> </div></div>

Classic. read it (http://www.salon.com/2012/07/09/madam_range_rover_and_the_nails_ladies/)

Can't agree more.

Q

Gayle in MD
07-10-2012, 06:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A Southampton police officer directs a Rolls Royce around protestors outside the estate of David Koch before a fundraiser for Mitt Romney on Sunday. (Credit: AP/Kathy Kmonicek)

Barack Obama couldn’t have picked a better day to announce his plan to extend tax cuts for Americans who make less than $250,000 and to let taxes rise for the wealthy. Mitt Romney’s three Hamptons fundraisers on Sunday were like a Priorities USA ad, except the creative directors of the pro-Obama super PAC would have rejected the script as over-the-top.

In a clusterfuck of conspicuous consumption, Bentleys, BMWs, Range Rovers, Porsches, a Rolls Royce and a Ferrari idled in a line 30 cars long. “Is there a V.I.P. entrance?” one woman shouted to the “help,” according to the New York Times. “We are V.I.P.”

It’s catchy: As the Occupy Wall Street folks chant “We are the 99 percent,” Romney voters can shout back “We-are-V-I-P!” Or maybe they can sing it to the tune of “We Are Family.”

Like those shady “social welfare” groups collecting millions from corporations without disclosing their names, most of Romney’s donors wanted to remain anonymous. And who can blame them? A woman in a Range Rover with East Hampton beach permits complained to the Los Angeles Times:

I don’t think the common person is getting it. Nobody understands why Obama is hurting them. My college kid, the baby sitters, the nails ladies — everybody who’s got the right to vote — they don’t understand what’s going on. I just think if you’re lower income — one, you’re not as educated; two, they don’t understand how it works, they don’t understand how the systems work, they don’t understand the impact.

If there’s ever been a better synopsis of elite Republican philosophy, I can’t think of it. Still wondering why the GOP is committed to reducing the voter rolls?

</div></div>

LMAO! This is too sweet!

Wonder if her name is Daisey. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Or Zelda maybe?

Gayle in MD
07-10-2012, 06:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In a clusterfuck of conspicuous consumption </div></div>

Hilarious!

Soflasnapper
07-10-2012, 10:38 AM
You know, despite no such soundbytes that I recall, probably the swankiness and expense of the vehicles and average income of the George Clooney fundraiser was right up there with this South Hamptons soiree.

Now it's true, Clooney's home, while I'm sure it's magnificent, isn't the largest home in his neighborhood, and doesn't command a freaking MILE of coastline in one of the most expensive housing areas of the country, as does Perelman's. So there's that difference.

But you think his driveway and parking areas weren't swarmed with Bentleys, Jags, Benzs, etc? Of course they were, and attended by those well into the top parts of the 1% as well.

Interesting the different treatment. Obama was well advised to cancel the Martha's Vineyard vacation this summer. Optics! Are. Everything. (??)

Qtec
07-12-2012, 06:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know, despite no such soundbytes that I recall, probably the swankiness and expense of the vehicles and average income of the George Clooney fundraiser was right up there with this South Hamptons soiree.

<span style="color: #3333FF">Agreed.</span>

Now it's true, Clooney's home, while I'm sure it's magnificent, isn't the largest home in his neighborhood, and doesn't command a freaking MILE of coastline in one of the most expensive housing areas of the country, as does Perelman's. So there's that difference.

<span style="color: #3333FF">Sure, but its not much difference though to the average guy.</span>

But you think his driveway and parking areas weren't swarmed with Bentleys, Jags, Benzs, etc? Of course they were, and attended by those well into the top parts of the 1% as well.

<span style="color: #3333FF">No doubt!</span>

<u>Interesting the different treatment.</u> Obama was well advised to cancel the Martha's Vineyard vacation this summer. Optics! Are. Everything. (??) </div></div>

Its not about the wealth. The wealthy are free to support who they want. The point of my post was the disconnect, the audacity of this woman who just shelled out $75,000 to kiss Romney's a$$ and in the same breath says her nails lady is too dumb to 'get it'!

Q

Gayle in MD
07-12-2012, 07:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know, despite no such soundbytes that I recall, probably the swankiness and expense of the vehicles and average income of the George Clooney fundraiser was right up there with this South Hamptons soiree.

<span style="color: #3333FF">Agreed.</span>

<span style="color: #3333FF">Sure, but its not much difference though to the average guy.</span>

<span style="color: #3333FF">No doubt!</span>

<u>Interesting the different treatment.</u> Obama was well advised to cancel the Martha's Vineyard vacation this summer. Optics! Are. Everything. (??) </div></div>

Its not about the wealth. The wealthy are free to support who they want. The point of my post was the disconnect, the audacity of this woman who just shelled out $75,000 to kiss Romney's a$$ and in the same breath says her nails lady is too dumb to 'get it'!

Q </div></div>

Yes, I agree, and additionally, you don't see those elitists pigs who were at the Romney affair, going to Haiti to help the poor. Going to New Orleans, to help rebuild those homes of the poor, which have been ignored by their corrupt government down there. Going to Africa, to help the sick and dying, and feed the hungry. Going to Washington D.C&gt; to be arrested, trying to same dying, hungry Africans, like George Clooney AND his father did.

What you see from the elitists of Repiglicanism can be summed up in one camera shot, George W. Bush, wiping his hand on the back of Bill Clinton's shirt, after shaking hands with one of the suffering Hatians.

That's the true picture Repiglicanism.

G.

Soflasnapper
07-12-2012, 09:44 AM
Good point, and I agree.