PDA

View Full Version : Quinnipiac Poll Of REGISTERED VOTERS OBAMA#1

Gayle in MD
07-11-2012, 07:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'> Obama Leads Romney Nationally, Boosted By Unmarried Voters: Poll

President Barack Obama leads Mitt Romney nationally by a slim 46 to 43 margin, according to a poll released Wednesday morning by Quinnipiac University.

Obama's edge comes largely among unmarried voters, the poll found. He leads Romney 54 percent to 34 percent among the single voters polled, while Romney has a 51 to 38 advantage among married voters.

"Although much has been made about the gender gap and how President Barack Obama’s lead among women fuels his campaign, the marriage gap is actually larger and more telling,” Peter Brown, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute, said in a statement. He attributed the marriage gap to differences in age and financial security between the groups.

The results show little movement in the race since Quinnipiac's last national poll in April, when Obama led Romney by 46 percent to 42 percent.

President Barack Obama leads Mitt Romney nationally by a slim 46 to 43 margin, according to a poll released Wednesday morning by Quinnipiac University.
Obama's edge comes largely among unmarried voters, the poll found. He leads Romney 54 percent to 34 percent among the single voters polled, while Romney has a 51 to 38 advantage among married voters.

"Although much has been made about the gender gap and how President Barack Obama’s lead among women fuels his campaign, the marriage gap is actually larger and more telling,” Peter Brown, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute, said in a statement. He attributed the marriage gap to differences in age and financial security between the groups.

The results show little movement in the race since Quinnipiac's last national poll in April, when Obama led Romney by 46 percent to 42 percent.

Other polls have also shown the candidates close, or even tied, nationally, although Obama holds a small advantage in several swing states.

The Quinnipiac poll was conducted using live phone interviews of 2,722 <span style='font-size: 17pt'>registered voters </span>between July 1 and July 8. It had a margin of error of 1.9 percent.

</span> </div></div>

See Charts:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/11/obama-leads-romney-unmarried-voters_n_1664226.html

Gayle in MD
07-11-2012, 07:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Romney Bain Capital Attacks Weaken Him In Swing States, Priorities USA Action Poll Finds

Mitt Romney's Bain Capital business experience is increasingly turning into a political liability, according to a swing-state poll released today by Priorities USA Action, the super PAC supporting President Barack Obama.

The survey, conducted by Democratic pollsters Global Strategy Group and the Garin-Hart-Yang Research Group on behalf of the super PAC, supports growing evidence that voters are less likely to vote for Romney based on what they are seeing and hearing about his tenure at private equity firm Bain Capital. Larger polls late last month first showed the shift toward Obama that experts attributed to the president's attacks on Romney's business career.

Among voters polled from battleground states Colorado, Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Virginia, 37 percent said Romney's business experience would make them less likely to vote for him, compared with 27 percent who responded that it would make them more likely to vote for him. Another 58 percent of respondents said they feel Romney's priority as CEO was to earn millions for himself and his investors, irrespective of the consequences for jobs and employees. The poll adds fresh proof that Obama's attacks on Bain Capital are working, despite criticism from Democratic leaders and prominent Obama backers.

The Priorities USA Action memo describing the poll noteed that the super PAC has run advertising in 11 media markets across the five battleground states where voters were polled. In those markets, 40 percent of voters said Romney's record at Bain Capital makes them less likely to vote for him.

The results could spell serious problems for Romney, who touts his business experience as a primary reason why he is better suited to steer the economy than Obama. The findings also shed light on Team Romney's inability to adequately defend against the Bain attacks, beyond calling them a distraction from the president's economic record.

</div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/11..._n_1663763.html (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/11/romney-bain-capital-swing-states-priorities-usa-action_n_1663763.html)

VERY HIGH UNFAVORABLES FOR MITSEY!

sack316
07-11-2012, 08:26 AM
There's good and bad to this for Obama in regards to the married vs single figures.

For example, the Quinnipiac analysis also reveals that single voters issues include gay rights and reproductive issues, whereas married voters tend to have a greater concern over the economy and healthcare. Given that those two issues are going to be the cornerstone topics of the campaigns, Obama will need to make up ground with those married voters.

Also of concern for him will be that he trails (by a very slim margin) in the independent vote 43-41.

Surprising to me that Obama polls negatively on immigration as well.

So it's concerning that 3 of his big things (economy, healthcare, and immigration) are polling as negatives among likely voters.

Now the positives of course (besides what you already mentioned) is that Romney doesn't fare too much better, and really hasn't hit a hot button to surge himself far ahead on any of the perceived negatives Obama currently has. And he also has several negatives of his own, one particular very important question was about "who cares about your needs?" Which Obama leads in.

So all things equal, even with the negative views on Obama's key issues, when it comes time to vote will people be more concerned with changing what they are so far less than enthused about... or stick with who they are slightly disappointed about given their opinion that he cares more.

Gonna be an interesting few months for sure

Sack

Gayle in MD
07-11-2012, 09:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There's good and bad to this for Obama in regards to the married vs single figures.

For example, the Quinnipiac analysis also reveals that single voters issues include gay rights and reproductive issues, whereas married voters tend to have a greater concern over the economy and healthcare. Given that those two issues are going to be the cornerstone topics of the campaigns, Obama will need to make up ground with those married voters.

Also of concern for him will be that he trails (by a very slim margin) in the independent vote 43-41.

Surprising to me that Obama polls negatively on immigration as well.

So it's concerning that 3 of his big things (economy, healthcare, and immigration) are polling as negatives among likely voters.

Now the positives of course (besides what you already mentioned) is that Romney doesn't fare too much better, and really hasn't hit a hot button to surge himself far ahead on any of the perceived negatives Obama currently has. And he also has several negatives of his own, one particular very important question was about "who cares about your needs?" Which Obama leads in.

So all things equal, even with the negative views on Obama's key issues, when it comes time to vote will people be more concerned with changing what they are so far less than enthused about... or stick with who they are slightly disappointed about given their opinion that he cares more.

Gonna be an interesting few months for sure

Sack </div></div>

Yes, interesting, however, recent polling data is show that the ACA is gaining in support.

Additionally, and a very strong factor, is likability, which even Repuglicans aren't thrilled about whenn it comes to Romney.

His recent elitists displays are not going to impress married, or single voters, IMO.

It is very obvious that he is hiding his financials, which, IMO, people are clearly fed up with, not to mention his juob outsourcing, which only millionaires, and billionaires really approve of, regardless of the parrots on the right.

While there are so many more groups which Romney has seriously offended, Gays, women, the poor, the middle class, Africann Americans, Hispanics, IMO, he doesn't have a chance, unless the unconstitutional voter purging is allowed to congtinue.

Add to that that he still has failed to zero in on answering any questions, such as the simple question, HOW!!!! How does he plan to bring about so many ridiculous proposals, which are truly laughable in their very nature!

Most recent polling data shows Romney very far behind in delegates!

268 VS 191, in the president's favor.

I see no way for Romney to legally win.

There are plenty of people out there right now who are relieved to be able to have Health coverage, without losing it on bogus assertions by the insurance industry, pre-existing conditions, especially if you are a woman, not to mention newborns with special needs, and the relief that their grown kids can be covered.

G.

eg8r
07-11-2012, 09:04 AM
The unmarrieds are doing if for Obama. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif All those dastardly people that cannot find Mr/Mrs Right. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I am just sad that this is the best American politics can present for an election. Very very sad.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
07-11-2012, 09:33 AM
Yeah, like all those divorced people in the bible belt!

eg8r
07-11-2012, 11:46 AM
They are the unmarrieds. Good job.

eg8r

sack316
07-11-2012, 12:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
...Additionally, and a very strong factor, is likability, which even Repuglicans aren't thrilled about whenn it comes to Romney.

His recent elitists displays are not going to impress married, or single voters, IMO.

It is very obvious that he is hiding his financials, which, IMO, people are clearly fed up with, not to mention his juob outsourcing, which only millionaires, and billionaires really approve of, regardless of the parrots on the right.

While there are so many more groups which Romney has seriously offended, Gays, women, the poor, the middle class, Africann Americans, Hispanics, IMO, he doesn't have a chance, unless the unconstitutional voter purging is allowed to congtinue....
</div></div>

I know I'm no fan of Romney, and won't really argue with you at all at many of those points.

That said... it's STILL a race and in terms of vote-for-vote numbers he IS pretty close with Obama...even with all those negatives you mention! That should tell you something (as Ed said, it's sad this is the best we have to offer).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Add to that that he still has failed to zero in on answering any questions, <u><span style='font-size: 17pt'>such as the simple question, HOW!!!! How does he plan to bring about so many ridiculous proposals, which are truly laughable in their very nature!</span></u>
</div></div>

Gosh that sounds familiar... sounds akin to most every post I made in 2008 /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Guess maybe he figures if it worked for Obama maybe it'll work for him!

Reminds me of a story I read We are worried about the cow, when it's all about the ice-cream (http://texasfred.net/archives/16376)

Sack

Gayle in MD
07-11-2012, 03:12 PM
Yes, and married people are going to be damned glad about their grown kids being on their policies.

Plenty of people like the ACA better than they li8kded being at the mercy of corrupted insurance companies.

How'd you like it right now, if you had been told by the inusrance industry, "Oh, we won't cover the any health care for your baby, that's a pre-existing condition."

That's not fair, Sac.

Additionally, Obama didn't get out there and flip-flopp like a frog for two years, or lie his ass off for a year! He told us what he wanted to do, and his promises are still along the same goals and values which he presented to us from the start.

You surely can't say that about Mitsey, with the magic panties, MR. ETCH-A-SKETCH. HE IS KNOWN FOR BEING THE BIGGEST LIAR TO EVER RUN A CAMPAIGN!

The president kept every promise that wasn't obstructed by the RePIGS.

And don't give me that BS about unemployment promises, because we've proven on here dozens of times, he never made any such promise, and the whole country knows that we didn't realize what a disastrous economy Bush left in his wake, or how much he wasted, or how totally Bush had F-ed up the whole country, until he had been gone for six to eight months!

AND don't give me the GITMO BS either, because the whiney little Repiglicans were to scared to let us try them here. So they obstructed that, too. No matter where we trid to send them, Repiglicans were yapping their stupid fat flabby faces off.

Obama did most of what he said he would do, and more! bin Laden's dead. We're clawing our way out of the mess Bush left behind him in Iraq and Afghanistan, with some honor, remember that, honor?

He has been a very good president, and he also kept us from The Great Bush Depression. Not an easy thing to do.

Human rights have been protected, and gains have been made on that front, for women and for Gays, all of them pushed by the President, and obstructed by the ignorant Radical Repiglican nutjobs.

He tried to do the rest, and would have made more improvements, Jobs, infrastructure, investing in education, clean renewable fuels, all of it, but it has been clear, he met with unprecedented Republican Obstructionism, and Repiglicans have fired as many people as they could get away with, fired them on lies, just to keep unemployment up.

Like today, Repigs are wasting more time, and still obstructing the jobs bill. While Romney was out being booed, Jeered, by the NAACP, Repiglicans were voting for the 32nd time on the same BS REPEAL EFFORT, when they know it's going to fail.

What a <span style='font-size: 14pt'>do-nothing </span>House Of Representatives! The only thing they can focus on is trying to control vaginas, remove hard bought and fought for, women's rights, and demonizing Gays and Lesbians. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif That's not what most people care about, but that's all the Repiglicans have been about, and people are getting sick and tired of their obstruction.

These fugures prove it, they are resgistered voters. Consistantly, the president leads.

Additionally, we have the worst HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES IN MAJORITY, OTHER THAN THE SPENDING FRENZI KNOWN AS THE BLANK CHECK CONGRESS, in history!

Romney will lose. He's only out for himself, and people know it.

PEOPLE DON'T LIKE HIM AND PEOPLE DON'T TRUST HIM.
AND!!! IF THEY DO THEY'RE NUTS!
G.

LWW
07-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Odd tat theydon't use likely voters

Gayle in MD
07-11-2012, 03:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are the unmarrieds. Good job.

eg8r </div></div>

That's funny, when I'm out with my divorced friends, none of them call themselves, Divorced.

They answer when asked....

"Are you married"

"No."

But they are all divorced.

G.

Soflasnapper
07-11-2012, 05:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Odd tat theydon't use likely voters </div></div>

Odd that you don't realize that is the norm, with but a few exceptions.

Most polling uses the RV screen until approximately the conventions' time, when they eventually switch to the LV screen.

Why? Because outside of the political activist/junkie population, probably numbering in the very low double digits (I'd guess about 11% of the population), people who are not so political don't focus on much of this back and forth until the race is actually on in earnest, after both nominees get the nomination.

A recent polling found something like 41% of the people wholly unaware of the recent SCOTUS ACA ruling. (WHAT SCOTUS ruling? What's a SCOTUS, anyway?!?!?)

Right after Obama supposedly had his worst couple week period politically, AND had the bad jobs report, he's up 4 or 5 points. That's how much the punditry misses the lack of engagement of the population. They are NOT ENGAGED, as a general rule.

LWW
07-11-2012, 06:01 PM
So your point is most of the polls are wrong because they choose to be wrong?

I concur.

sack316
07-12-2012, 07:20 AM
That was a lot of "how do ya do" pertaining to not much of what I said. We can go back and forth each touting until we are blue in the face what we believe Obama has or hasn't done effectively.

My point was, in agreement with you mind you, that Romney certainly is NOT a popular candidate and not a very well respected nominee to people on either side. Democrats certainly aren't behind him. Republicans will be for whoever is not Obama, and independents are several degrees below luke warm.

So regardless of what we say, the fact that it's even a race should be startling. The Obama camp should really question why nobody is really a fan of Romney, but yet by and large there's a reasonable chance Obama could possibly lose re-election.

That was my point.

As to some of your post:

There's a lot in the HC bill that I do like. You mentioned specifically pre-existing conditions. This is something I've agreed with all along and was happy to see long before I even knew I had a child coming. I also agree that there shouldn't be caps, cutoffs, or limits. There are actually several things within the bill I think are wonderful! But sometimes we really don't want to buy the whole album just to get the couple of songs we really like.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> He told us what he wanted to do, and his promises are still along the same goals and values which he presented to us from the start.
</div></div>

Never said he didn't. What I said was (just as Mitt is doing) that there was no "HOW".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The president kept every promise that wasn't obstructed by the RePIGS </div></div>

He had 2 years of full control. He managed to get through what he really wanted (such as stimulus and HC). Why is it that everything else was so impossible? Why does nobody else ever question that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like today, Repigs are wasting more time, and still obstructing the jobs bill. While Romney was out being booed, Jeered, by the NAACP, Repiglicans were voting for the 32nd time on the same BS REPEAL EFFORT, when they know it's going to fail. </div></div>

That I agree with you 100%. I'm pissed they waste so much time and effort on something they'll even admit has no chance of passing... when instead they could actually be doing something that helps the country. I'm not a fan of political posturing or building up a voting record to campaign on (as they are doing). I think it's just pathetic to be honest with you.

Sack

Gayle in MD
07-12-2012, 08:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That was a lot of "how do ya do" pertaining to not much of what I said. We can go back and forth each touting until we are blue in the face what we believe Obama has or hasn't done effectively.

<span style="color: #990000"> Not at all, I was responding to some of the untruthful and completely unfair jabs you were taking at the president.

Here are a few of them:

"That should tell you something (as Ed said, it's sad this is the best we have to offer)."

"Gosh that sounds familiar... sounds akin to most every post I made in 2008"

"Guess maybe he figures if it worked for Obama maybe it'll work for him!"

So if you don't expect a back and forth, then don't post something like this which is completely UNFAIR! You ca just skip over the correct annd accurate points I made by just minimizing the facts, among them that the president ran on getting bin Laden, and working to get affordable Health care going in our country, the first president to do so after deaces of presidents had tired, and just call it a lot of 'How do you do' ...convenient for you, you should know me well enough by now to know I'm not going to back away from partisan pot shots.

</span>

My point was, in agreement with you mind you, that Romney certainly is NOT a popular candidate and not a very well respected nominee to people on either side. Democrats certainly aren't behind him. Republicans will be for whoever is not Obama, and independents are several degrees below luke warm.

So regardless of what we say, the fact that it's even a race should be startling. The Obama camp should really question why nobody is really a fan of Romney, but yet by and large there's a reasonable chance Obama could possibly lose re-election.

<span style="color: #990000"> Why are your opinions worthwhile, yet you reduce my opinions to a lot of 'How do you do".... the president made clear what his goals were, and he met an incredible amount of them, under unprecedented obstructionism, and after receiving the worst legacy since the Great Depression. Those are the FACTS. My point is that his numbers are actually incredibly good, given the economic situation we are in, which he has never gotten enough credit, because Repiglicans have been yapping lies about everything since the day he took office, and obstrucing everything, as well.

Yet, look at his likability numbers! I suppose you don;t think that the old, "Guy you'd like to have a beer with" applies when the candidate is a Democrat? Forgotten all of Rove
's attacks that Hillary wasn't likable enough.

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>MY OPINION </span>is that romney, is not liked on either side, or in the middle.

</span>

That was my point.

<span style="color: #990000"> Again, when you don't get my points, please do not pretend that it was I, who didn't get your point. You're Becomming famous for that stuff. </span>

As to some of your post:

There's a lot in the HC bill that I do like. You mentioned specifically pre-existing conditions. This is something I've agreed with all along and was happy to see long before I even knew I had a child coming. I also agree that there shouldn't be caps, cutoffs, or limits. There are actually several things within the bill I think are wonderful! But sometimes we really don't want to buy the whole album just to get the couple of songs we really like.

<span style="color: #990000"> As I often say, UNDER THE CONDITIONS PREVAILING, we are veryy lucky that we had a president with enough courage and determination to do what wasn't goig to be easy, wasn't going to be wholeheartedly beloved, by all, since channge never is, yes, I said, C-H-A-N-G-E, IN FACT, change we could count on! I TRUST YOU WILL GET MY POINT? </span>
-
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> He told us what he wanted to do, and his promises are still along the same goals and values which he presented to us from the start.
</div></div>

Never said he didn't. What I said was (just as Mitt is doing) that there was no "HOW".

<span style="color: #990000"> And when I explained to you why you are wrong, and your statement completely irrational, and untrue, you called it a lot of 'How do you do' however, much of the HOW was all about addressing the continuing unsustainable costs of crippling, corrupt, foreclosure producing, Middle Class income destroying, shame of the Health Care and Health Insurance Industry. Do you not get it that we spend the most of any country, yet have among the worst results? Did you not hear this president explain his intended foreign policy? Did you fail to listen, or were you just too partisan to allow yourseslf to see that he began owrking on all of his promises, as he is still doig to this day, from the moment he arrived in the White House, so AGAIN, bin Laden is dead. WE have the beginning of facing one of the most devastating issues that people in this country FEAR, a corrupt health insurance industry, pulled back from their presatory practices. All combat operations in Iraq, ended. Efforts to get out of Afghanistan with some honor, and hopfully some stablizing of the Taliban. More protections of our civil rights, Gay, and Women's rights, heard anything about the Lily Ledbetter ACt by any chance? No more torture, remember that? Just in a few days, the president included firement who have been fighting those fires in Colorado access to Federal Health Insurance. He said he was a man for ALL AMericans, and that is precisely what he has been throughout!

So don't give me that BS. It's NOT TRUE. </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The president kept every promise that wasn't obstructed by the RePIGS </div></div>

He had 2 years of full control. He managed to get through what he really wanted (such as stimulus and HC). Why is it that everything else was so impossible? Why does nobody else ever question that?

<span style="color: #990000"> Now that is what I must call nothing but stunning ignorance. What good would it do for me now to reiterate the condition of this country post Bush, the failed economy, two unfinished wars, bin Laden still on the loose, and still leading al Qaeda operations, women trying to get equal pay for equal work, the ill with no where to turn when they were dumped by health insurance, the loss of respect in the world, and then follow up by listing all of his other accomplishments, of which you are obviously unaware... but much more has been accomplished, much of it for Veterans, women, Gay rights, innocent victims of the Reagan Amnesty Illegal Alien invasion, AND I could go on, and on, listing many other accomplishmennts, which he committed to, during his campaign. He never acted like Romney, flat out refusing to answer questions....for one thing, so you're version of things is just plain WRONG... but I won't list more, since you are obviously too naieve and uninformed on his promises and currennt accomplishments, to be able to grasp any of it?

THE POINT is that he has faced unprecedented REPIGLICAN obstructionism, at a critical, in fact, emergency ppoint in time, created by some of the biggest spenders in our history, Boehner, McConnell, Cantor, the list goes on and on...but any rational person would have a better handle on what he has accomplished, unless they are too partisan to allow themselves to acknowledge it. His accomlishments UNDER THE CONDITIONS PREVAILING....have been nothing short of amazing. </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like today, Repigs are wasting more time, and still obstructing the jobs bill. While Romney was out being booed, Jeered, by the NAACP, Repiglicans were voting for the 32nd time on the same BS REPEAL EFFORT, when they know it's going to fail. </div></div>

That I agree with you 100%. I'm pissed they waste so much time and effort on something they'll even admit has no chance of passing... when instead they could actually be doing something that helps the country. I'm not a fan of political posturing or building up a voting record to campaign on (as they are doing). I think it's just pathetic to be honest with you.

Sack </div></div>

<span style="color: #990000">You have just redeemed yourself in my eyes, not that I think you would loose any sleep over it if you hadn't.... </span> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

<span style="color: #990000">Even if you have clearly forgotten what this president has been dealing with....much of it led to the relief you must be feeling right now, as regards the new baby getting care he needed, thanks to this president and the ACA, my God, what would you have done without it????!!!!

This is what he was up against! Since you have clearly forgoeetn.

</span>

Urging that "we've got to close the gap a little bit between the rhetoric and the reality," President Obama stated during his January 29 question and answer session with House Republicans that "if you were to listen to the debate" over health care reform "you'd think that this thing was some Bolshevik plot." Throughout Obama's administration thus far, conservative media have embraced such rhetoric, routinely attacking Obama's agenda as socialist, communist or fascist and telling audiences that Obama and health care reform are a threat to America itself

http://mediamatters.org/research/2010/01/30/bolshevik-plot-right-wing-media-declare-obama-a/159820

<span style="color: #990000"> I might add, the Repiglican lies have grown into Disneyland proprotions! Their lies and obstruction are unparrelled in history! Yet, this president managed to accomplish quite a number of of his <span style='font-size: 14pt'>stated</span> plans for bringing America out of that awful time when we were teetering on the worst depression in our history, according to Bush and Paulsen, (sp?) that is.

That, after years of the Bush/Cheney and the Repiglicans telling us, "The deficits don't matter" while they dug us into a ditch and borrowed us into oblivion!

If you don't think this president has accomplished enough, you can blame the blank check, obstructionist, shameful behavior of the REPIGLICAN PARTY. They have accomplished absolutey NOTHING! How come you aren't complaining more about them. Where would you be right now in your own circumstances, if Repiglicans had gotten THEIR way? They ran on Jobs, Jobs, Jobs, did they not? It's been vaginas, vaginas, vaginas! A Repiglican do nothing congress, which is exactly what they intended, to prevent progress, so if you're ot happy with the progress this president has made, not fast enough for you?

Get a load of this, my forgetful friend! And let's have a moment of silence in honor of "Under the conditions prevailing"!

G. </span>

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/the-last-word/47183181#47183181

eg8r
07-12-2012, 08:52 AM
Answering with "No" carries less baggage than "Used to be but I left the bum out by the curb". /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

sack316
07-12-2012, 09:23 AM
Just for clarities sake, the how do ya do and comparison to Romney on the "how" comments was in terms of campaigning. ie on the stump there were a lot of ideas thrown out there, but little definitive plans as to the "how" these plans were to get done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even if you have clearly forgotten what this president has been dealing with....much of it led to the relief you must be feeling right now, as regards the new baby getting care he needed, thanks to this president and the ACA, my God, what would you have done without it????!!!! </div></div>

Same thing I'd have done without it... I work my butt off and have good insurance. Christy works her butt off and has even better insurance than I do. Just as so many people who we have had the pleasure of meeting that have children with Downs and the exact same related birth defects and challenges Samuel faces that got the dedicated service and treatment that they deserve. Obviously I can't speak for all insurance companies, but BCBS of Alabama is wonderful!

But I do most certainly see your point, and understand the relief of knowing that, by law, that treatment cannot be yanked out from under him.

Sack

Gayle in MD
07-12-2012, 10:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just for clarities sake, the how do ya do and comparison to Romney on the "how" comments was in terms of campaigning.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That was a lot of "how do ya do" pertaining to not much of what I said. We can go back and forth each touting until we are blue in the face what we believe Obama has or hasn't done effectively.

</div></div>

<span style="color: #990000">OH, really? Sounded like you were answering my comments, and saying they were irrelevant to your own. </span>

ie on the stump there were a lot of ideas thrown out there, but little definitive plans as to the "how" these plans were to get done.

<span style="color: #990000"> For the last time. The president clearly stated his intentions, his policies, and how he intended to bring them about. A good deal of which he has done. Maybe you didn't realize that the ACA was limked to the economy, changing and revamping health insurance and the for profit health industry, were both part of "The How" on the economy, ways which other policies would be improved, medical costs rising, due to emergency visits, medical history, being computerized, to save administrative costs, which is already being worked on. Preventing insurance compansies from throwing more people into poverty and bankruptsey. Although REpis blocked the most important, we had to take a half a loaf, to get this positive change going.

I think perhaps, you aren't up on such changes, but they were changes we could count on, obviously, brought to fruition, and approved by the Supreme Court, and now, with rising approval, from all Americans, now at 47 approve to 47 don't, a big huge change, if change is what you're looking for.... in the last polling date.....quite a rise in public approval. </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even if you have clearly forgotten what this president has been dealing with....much of it led to the relief you must be feeling right now, as regards the new baby getting care he needed, thanks to this president and the ACA, my God, what would you have done without it????!!!! </div></div>

Same thing I'd have done without it... I work my butt off and have good insurance. Christy works her butt off and has even better insurance than I do. Just as so many people who we have had the pleasure of meeting that have children with Downs and the exact same related birth defects and challenges Samuel faces that got the dedicated service and treatment that they deserve. Obviously I can't speak for all insurance companies, but BCBS of Alabama is wonderful!

But I do most certainly see your point, and understand the relief of knowing that, by law, that treatment cannot be yanked out from under him.

<span style="color: #990000">Yes, I am thankful for that, and that was my point. There were people all over this country, before the ACA, who also worked their butts off, but their health insurance corporations dropped them anyway. It was a growing policy, which would probably have grown into prominence by now, so unless you think you have the one insurance company in the country with a big heart, I wouldn't think you should be so sure that you have been spared from the very same devastations that others were receiving, people who were also working their asses of, and being dropped, and losing everything to try to get help for thheir own children in need. But that is speculation.

I had the best insurance ,money could buy, as well, but I suffered a great deal of anxiety after being diagnosed with cancer, worryng about being dropped, as I was at that time seeing so many other HARD WORKING American women throughout my ordeal, in tears and terrified, because they had been dropped. That was several years before the channges we could count on were set in stone.

I trust you get my point? </span>

Sack </div></div>