PDA

View Full Version : First Annual Texas CCB 9-Ball Tourny Players List

rackmup
10-04-2002, 11:45 AM
1. Rackmup

Kato
10-04-2002, 12:04 PM
As of right this moment, I'm picking you to dominate the event. I'm the oddsmaker so at this moment I'm picking you as a 1-1 favorite.

Kato

rackmup
10-04-2002, 12:07 PM
Your confidence in me is applaudable. Will this be the usual 60-40 split should I emerge the victor?

Regards,

Ken

Kato
10-04-2002, 12:10 PM
You're upping my cut?

Kato

eg8r
10-04-2002, 07:34 PM
Count me in. Well as long as it happens before the 20th. I am flying "home" for the holidays. You can't beat the wonderful vacation time we get at work.

eg8r (not sure if I will have a TX license yet. I am holding on the FL license as long as possible)

Tom_In_Cincy
10-04-2002, 07:40 PM
Leave FL and going to TX.. raising the intelligence level in both states.. Huh?

eg8r
10-04-2002, 07:41 PM
Sarcasm?

eg8r

Tom_In_Cincy
10-04-2002, 07:46 PM
Yes.. and jealous also.. good luck on your move and playing with all those Texas CCBers.

eg8r
10-04-2002, 08:06 PM
lol. I like the idea of being able to play with them, not sure I can hang with them.

eg8r

Tom_In_Cincy
10-04-2002, 08:52 PM
eg8r,

I am sure you will do good.. and tell them that Cincy will give then a good run for their money at the Derby City Classic if they show up.. LOL

griffith_d
10-05-2002, 07:04 PM
Where is it at?

Griff

SPetty
10-05-2002, 07:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: griffith_d:</font><hr>Where is it at?<hr></blockquote>Hi griffith_d,

That hasn't been fully set in stone yet, although I suspect that rackmup will be campaigning hard for that high-falutin' place he's found in Fort Worth.

If, however, the Houston (or even Austin or maybe even Oklahoma (a suburb of Texas)) area CCBers want to join in the Texas tournament, we might have to move it to a more central location...

Can the Houstonians (and Austinites and other generic Texans) make it to DFW for a weekend in December?

SPetty~~~BTW - you shouldn't end your sentences with a preposition - the sentence more properly should have read "Where is it at, jackass?"

(Nothing personal meant by "jackass" - just quoting one of the alleged world's funniest jokes... See http://reuters.com/news_article.jhtml?type=entertainmentnews&amp;StoryID= 1530196 for more)

rackmup
10-05-2002, 10:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: SPetty:</font><hr>If, however, the Houston (or even Austin or maybe even Oklahoma (a suburb of Texas)) area CCBers want to join in the Texas tournament, we might have to move it to a more central location...
<hr></blockquote>

I'll make you DFW area posters a deal:

Find a place with a sufficient number of 9' tables, ensure they are in top shape and determine if the table time will be free and that will be where we will play.

That's all you have to do. I'll set it up, host it, run it, emcee it (with Grady if he's available) and ensure cash payouts and have the money in escrow if so needed.

BTW- Fort Worth is pretty "central" and Diamond tables are superb for play.

Regards,

Ken (will await the outpouring of responses)

SPetty
10-06-2002, 05:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr> I'll make you DFW area posters a deal:<hr></blockquote>Hi Ken,

If it's a DFW area First Annual CCB 9-Ball Tourney, then of course, your new-found place in Ft. Worth would be absolutely wholly appropriate and acceptable (even if I have to travel ~85 miles to get there...). I'm looking forward to it, for sure...

But you spoke of a Texas tourney, and it seems that to be fair to the Houstonians and Austinites and generic Texans, should probably have a more central location. I'm certainly not objecting to Billy Weir's, simply suggesting that if it is truly a Texas tournament, maybe a more central location would be more appropriate. Just an idea, certainly not any kind of strong suggestion or mandate...

SPetty~~~Fort Worth may be "central" in your world, but is not particularly "central" to houstondan and griffith_d and AustinFilAm... and, well, me....

P.S. If the table time is free, what are the "greens fees" that are included in the entry fee for? Oops - I mean what are they for, jackass? hahahahaha - nothing meant by "jackass", see previous post...

rackmup
10-06-2002, 07:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: SPetty asks...:</font><hr>If the table time is free, what are the "greens fees" that are included in the entry fee for?<hr></blockquote>

Often times, at some local tournaments, players are surprised to discover that in addition to their entry fees, they must pony up for table time as well. "Greens Fees Included" simply lays to rest that concern.

Most tourney players understand the meaning.

As for the "Central Location"...let's be realistic: How many Texas CCB'ers are there? How many want to play? So far, I've only heard from you and myself with no firm committment or solid interest from anyone else. The adjacent states would not qualify for the tourney so to pick a spot close to the metroplex is best. If a place is willing to donate revenue-producing table time, then that's the place to play, considering the field will in all liklihood be small.

I'm not "stuck" on Billy Weir's and I am open to suggestions if you are aware of a room with 9' tables that offers the same hospitable opportunities.

Regards,

Ken

griffith_d
10-07-2002, 11:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: SPetty:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt;If, however, the Houston (or even Austin or maybe even Oklahoma (a suburb of Texas)) area CCBers want to join in the Texas tournament, we might have to move it to a more central location...
&lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

I'll make you DFW area posters a deal:

Find a place with a sufficient number of 9' tables, ensure they are in top shape and determine if the table time will be free and that will be where we will play.

That's all you have to do. I'll set it up, host it, run it, emcee it (with Grady if he's available) and ensure cash payouts and have the money in escrow if so needed.

BTW- Fort Worth is pretty "central" and Diamond tables are superb for play.

Regards,

Ken (will await the outpouring of responses) <hr></blockquote>

Supposedly, Legends in League City is the best in the Houston area,...they are having a tournamet in October with the payout of $16,000

Some good players ought to be there.

Griff