PDA

View Full Version : Obama's outsourced election campaign.

Sev
07-15-2012, 11:09 AM
Things that make you go Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/07/...ommunist-china/ (http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/07/busy-month-for-obama-campaign-with-fundraisers-in-switzerland-sweden-paris-and-communist-china/)

Soflasnapper
07-15-2012, 01:07 PM
I had never heard of McCain's fund raising overseas last time, or of Romney's fund raising overseas this time, until looking into this some from your post.

I had heard both Romney and Obama had been planning to go to Paris around the 4th of July for that purpose, and that Obama was going there, and was there, was reported by some of the usual suspect websites (Gawker, prolly), only to retract that claim within a day or so.

A Daily Kos diarist featured on the front page there says the way Romney did it this time is illegal, according to the post-Citizens United ruling standard (no mention there of the Obama campaign's activities).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> John McCain had an expatriate fundraiser in London in 2008, but that was under pre-Citizens United rules.

These new Romney fundraisers, a pair of $75,000 a couple dinners/$2500 cocktail parties, have been reported by the Guardian and other news outlets to be drawing in all kinds of interesting people, including representatives of China's HSBC bank, Goldman Sachs foreign office, and Bain's international operators, to name a few.

Romney has resorted to Koch-like tactics, swearing the 47 hosts of the event to complete secrecy as to whom will attend.

The invites say that you need to show a U.S. passport to donate, but what large company doesn't have an American straw man to make the donation for them?

The people who will be attending don't really have to coordinate up to the names giving, now do they, especially when the event is in LONDON.

Who is going to cross-check the givers and the guest list? Even if that was a requirement, who is going to enforce this in a foreign country? The Federal Election Commission doesn't keep offices at embassies.

The London fundraisers are an end-run around the Supreme Court's prohibition against giving by foreign donors that was spelled out in Bluman, et al., v. Federal Election Commission in January.</div></div>

Are Obama's scheduled fundraisers REAL or not? Do they also violate this supposed ban?

Does the fact that there is a lower entry level ($1,000 instead of $75,000) make a difference?

Lastly, it should be mentioned that Romney ATTENDED his foreign fundraisers, whereas there is no showing that Obama has, his (if they are even actually going to take place).

As for taking place in the evil Chicom state, it's SHANGHAI, where the HSBC (Hong Kong Shanghai Bank Corporation) is co-based, and whose CEO or other high official attended Mitt's fund raising in London. Going there, or having them come to you somewhere else, is about the same.

eg8r
07-15-2012, 04:45 PM
LOL so you have no defense for Obama other than to say you defend. :-)

eg8r

Soflasnapper
07-15-2012, 05:38 PM
I'm unfamiliar with this claim that these things are illegal now (or at least some are), as I was unfamiliar that it went on last cycle with McCain.

Other than the Paris one that I'd heard about (it was cancelled), I am unfamiliar with these other alleged foreign fundraisers.

If it's illegal, neither Romney nor Obama should do them. If there is a way that they may be legal, even given that some are illegal, they should at least do the legal route.

I have no idea as of now, and I doubt you have any better knowledge yourself.

But the record to date appears to be that Romney has already done one, in person, and that Obama has not, and does not plan to do any in person.

It is alleged Obama will have some of these coming up in the weeks and months to come, but if you notice, no allegation he will be there himself.

Does that matter, under the law? I have no idea.

Did Romney's already occurred such fundraising break the law? No clue, and we may never know, as the participants took oaths of secrecy, allegedly.

LWW
07-15-2012, 07:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL so you have no defense for Obama other than to say you defend. :-)

eg8r </div></div>

What did you expect.

Data was posted in 2008 about Obama's illegal overseas funding ... and th cabal obediently gave him a pass.

Sev
07-16-2012, 02:00 PM
Sourcing from an antisemitic website??

Soflasnapper
07-16-2012, 02:36 PM
I admit the Gateway Pundit is a scurrilous source, most likely. But I hardly think it's anti-Semitic.

Fill me in a bit on that claim.

Sev
07-16-2012, 03:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I admit the Gateway Pundit is a scurrilous source, most likely. But I hardly think it's anti-Semitic.

Fill me in a bit on that claim. </div></div>

Talking about the Daily Koz.

Soflasnapper
07-16-2012, 05:31 PM
Yes, I know you were. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

I wish people were a little bit more discerning rather than to accept guilt by association.

Facts are true, and falsehoods untrue, regardless of who says them, and regardless of where they appear.

I presume you agree.

(Although I sometimes use the same illogical fallacy out of a knee jerk reaction, I must admit.)

BTW, the Shanghai meeting was scheduled for last week, July 11, according to the screen shot in your link.

Did it take place?