PDA

View Full Version : Why Did McCain Campaign Pick Palin Over Romney?

Qtec
07-16-2012, 05:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are a lot of bad things you can say about Rahm Emanuel (and I believe I've said most of them), but damn, the man is an effective surrogate! Like a pit bull, he grabs on and just won't let go. The Obama campaign smells blood in the water over Mitten's tax returns, and Rahm is the right man for the job of dirtying him up:

STEPHANOPOULOS: The campaign has also been pushing very hard for Mitt Romney to release more of his tax returns. He says the public has everything they need to know to understand his finances. And we do know that Mitt Romney made a lot of money. We know he paid a relatively low tax rate. What more will the returns tell us that we don't know?

EMANUEL: George, just two points here that I think are really important. First of all, Mitt Romney's own father said you shouldn't release one year. And already he has released -- in my view, he's released one year. Let's take a step on two points...

STEPHANOPOULOS: He says he's going to release his second.

EMANUEL: ... one on -- OK, transparency and what that says. <span style='font-size: 17pt'>He has released only one year. To the McCain campaign, he released 23 years. And he's telling the American people, I'm not going to give you what I've given John McCain's people in 2008. And when he gave them 23 years, John McCain's people looked at it and said, "Let's go with Sarah Palin." <span style="color: #3333FF"><u>So whatever's in there is far worse than just the first year.</u></span></span>

<span style="color: #990000">BANG!!!!</span>

I've heard several surrogates use this line (including Martin O'Malley) and it's a good one.

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>You know, the campaign -- the Romney campaign isn't stupid. They have decided it is better to get attacked on lack of transparency, lack of accountability to the American people versus telling you what's in those taxes. </span></div></div>

They just keep on coming. Its a Tsunami.

Q............ watch (http://crooksandliars.com/susie-madrak/rahm-week-why-did-mccain-campaign-pic)

LWW
07-16-2012, 09:05 AM
How many as Obama released?

Soflasnapper
07-16-2012, 09:08 AM
10 years worth, is what I seem to remember.

You?

LWW
07-16-2012, 09:16 AM
Got a link?

Soflasnapper
07-16-2012, 09:28 AM
You need to get a search engine on your TRS40 or whatever you use to get on-line on dial up.

I should not enable you to continue to fail to have access to a search engine by looking all of this up for you all the time.

Both Biden and Obama have released 10 years worth of tax returns, so far as I know. So look up both claims.

UPDATE: Total fail! I was so wrong, and I apologize for my mistake. They haven't released 10 years at all. I don't know how I thought that was the number. I plead advancing age and diminished capacity.

IT WAS TWELVE YEARS, FOR BOTH. (ABC News reporting, for one.)

OMG! FAIL! (Update)

**14** years for Biden. I regret my error.

Soflasnapper
07-16-2012, 09:39 AM
Answer is simple.

This says it all. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bM23t2FuBs&feature=fvwrel)

Qtec
07-16-2012, 04:53 PM
here you go (http://www.taxhistory.org/www/website.nsf/Web/PresidentialTaxReturns/)

Q