PDA

View Full Version : Obama is a felon ...

LWW
07-17-2012, 05:20 AM
... with all the wailing nd gnahing of collectivist teeth over spoon fed lies tat Romney is a felon, I am amused at how obediently the cabal gives a true felon a pass.

"I blew a few smoke rings, remembering those years. Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it."

<span style="color: #3333FF"><span style='font-size: 26pt'>LET THE EXCUSES BEGIN! (http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2007/11/20/4438981-obama-speaks-on-past-drug-use?lite)</span></span>

Soflasnapper
07-17-2012, 09:32 AM
So you don't know the definition of a felon?

So surprising!

LWW
07-17-2012, 11:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So you don't know the definition of a felon?

So surprising! </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">fel·on    [fel-uhn]
1. Law . a person who has committed a felony.

2. Archaic . a wicked person. </div></div>

I thought it was self evident.

Next lame dodge in defense of dear leader?

Soflasnapper
07-17-2012, 05:27 PM
A felon may not possess a firearm. A felon may not vote. A felon may not associate with certain people.

Which of these prohibitions do you assert are (or were, at any time) true of President Obama?

The answer is none of them, of course.

Here's the definition from a LEGAL DICTIONARY (a better source for the actual meaning of a legal term):

felon n. a person who has been convicted of a felony, which is a crime punishable by death or a term in state or federal prison. (See: felony)

If he'd been CHARGED with a felony, he is still presumed innocent under the law until proven guilty at trial and convicted of the charge by a unanimous jury vote.

He has neither been even charged, still less convicted, and remains a non-felon under the law.

An actual felon who receives a presidential pardon is no longer a felon, for another bewildering example.

LWW
07-18-2012, 02:36 AM
So here is your paradox ... are you now claiming Obama can't possibly be a felon, r that the regime blatantly lied saying aromney is?

Or will you, as I suspect, invoke doublethink and insist that Obama can't be a felon while Romney must be a felon?

Qtec
07-18-2012, 03:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So here is your paradox <span style="color: #3333FF">[ only in your mind!]</span>... are you now claiming Obama can't possibly be a felon,
<span style="color: #3333FF">[Geez. Can't you read? Obama is not a felon. To be a felon you have to be convicted of a felony. Its not rocket science!]</span><s>co</s> or that the regime blatantly lied saying aromney is?
<span style="color: #3333FF">[ They never said he was a felon. Some person[ staffer?] said he can't say "I was at Bain' in a deposition in 2002 and then now claim otherwise. Both statements cannot be correct.]</span>

Or will you, as I suspect, invoke doublethink and insist that Obama can't be a felon while Romney must be a felon? </div></div>

Irrelevant to whether Romney is now lying.

Q

LWW
07-18-2012, 03:34 AM
OH DEAR! (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=391214#Post391214)

Qtec
07-18-2012, 04:08 AM
Oh Dear.

Q

LWW
07-18-2012, 04:39 AM
Thanks for the confession.

Soflasnapper
07-18-2012, 08:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So here is your paradox ... are you now claiming Obama can't possibly be a felon, r that the regime blatantly lied saying aromney is?

Or will you, as I suspect, invoke doublethink and insist that Obama can't be a felon while Romney must be a felon? </div></div>

"May have committed a felony" doesn't make the person so accused a felon unless officially charged and convicted, and sometimes, not always even then.

For example, Oliver North was charged and duly convicted of a couple of felonies. He was briefly a convicted felon, until on appeal, the trial verdict was set aside by Judge Silberman (R-Hack) on an astounding and novel theory of immunity.

LWW
07-18-2012, 08:59 AM
Thanks for answering ... not that I had any doubt.

Soflasnapper
07-18-2012, 09:22 AM
To be clear, neither are felons (at this point in time).

Regardless of what felonious actions of theirs are alleged at this point in time.

Strictly speaking, I think Romney remains potentially prosecutable, as the statute of limitations runs from the discovery of the violation, not from the date of the violation. I expect no investigation or charges. Obama can not be prosecuted.

LWW
07-18-2012, 10:49 AM
Why can he not be prosecuted?

Soflasnapper
07-18-2012, 01:35 PM
On 30 year old drug use/possession charges?

Why do you suppose I said that?