PDA

View Full Version : What is Obama hiding?

pooltchr
07-17-2012, 02:36 PM
Following is just a partial list of records that have been sealed. WHY????

Obama's Harvard Law School Records
Obama's Columbia University Records
Obama's Columbia Senior Thesis
Occidental U Records and financial aid information
Obama's files from his career as an Il state senator
Obama's Il state bar record
Noelani (Hawaii) Elm school records
Repatriotation records for Obama and his mother after returning from Indonisa
Obama's parent's marriage license.

I would trade Romney's tax records for these records Obama has gone to great lengths and expense to keep secret.

Steve

LWW
07-17-2012, 02:52 PM
I would respect Romney if he had the stones to csll Obama out and demand an opening of all records?

Soflasnapper
07-17-2012, 05:06 PM
These are all automatically secret under privacy laws and policies. Anyone with any such records of their own from being in a similar circumstance would also have those records sealed, needing signed permission from the party whose records they were to allow transmission or review of them.

If there has been any expense to their secrecy, it has been to prevent others from legally challenging to get them although by public policy and law, they are supposed to be and stay secret.

I presume Romney's position, since he is trying to keep his tax returns secret out of privacy concerns, now agreeing with the late Sen. Kennedy he claims, would be that he fully understands how President Obama feels about his own privacy.

That is an attack that Romney cannot make with any shred of consistency. His BACKERS may try, and I assume we'll see attack ads from the super-pacs and others making these same points.

However, they were made already, to little effect in the past. Isn't that true?

An actually ILLEGAL thing that Romney is hiding is the contents of all the hard drives containing his gubernatorial e-mails, etc., which he took from the statehouse when he left the governor's office.

LWW
07-18-2012, 02:27 AM
As always ... you slavishly defend the regime.

Qtec
07-18-2012, 03:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As always ... you slavishly defend the regime. </div></div>

How long did it take you to come up with that lame reply?
Oh wait, guess what, we have heard it about a 100 times or more before!!

SoFla states the facts and come back with BS. We all see it.

YOU are the one here who is SLAVISHLY attacking Obama, even when it is pointed out to you that what he did is normal!

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>What is not normal</span> is a Pres candidate who has maybe 100's of foriegn companies and who knows how many secret bank accounts in the caymans etc, who REFUSES to come clean about how much tax he pays and who knows what else?

Obama has to show his BC and that's still not enough for you guys.

Romney? You give him a pass.

Q

LWW
07-18-2012, 03:36 AM
Actually, I was quoting his confession that he does exactly that ... which he does.

Now ... what is Obama hiding?

Grapenut
07-18-2012, 05:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Following is just a partial list of records that have been sealed. WHY????

Obama's Harvard Law School Records
Obama's Columbia University Records
Obama's Columbia Senior Thesis
Occidental U Records and financial aid information
Obama's files from his career as an Il state senator
Obama's Il state bar record
Noelani (Hawaii) Elm school records
Repatriotation records for Obama and his mother after returning from Indonisa
Obama's parent's marriage license.

I would trade Romney's tax records for these records Obama has gone to great lengths and expense to keep secret.

Steve </div></div>

All the news that's fit to print has become all the news that fits their agenda.

The Romney campaign will get dose after dose of aggressiveness from the Libtards and the suckle media. They may very well wait too late to craft a formidable strategy.

Nut

DiabloViejo
07-18-2012, 08:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As always ... you slavishly defend the regime. </div></div>

So says the man who always slavishly defends the GOP, all the while claiming to be a Libertarian! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

LOL, are you voting for Gary Johnson in November? Of course not! As a true libertarian, you will vote straight GOP ticket. Ain't that right there? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

BTW, try finding some new retorts. Although I'm sure you think they are demonstrative of your "superior" right wing wit, the fact is your stale and hackneyed responses are boring and stupid. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif

LWW
07-18-2012, 08:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As always ... you slavishly defend the regime. </div></div>

So says the man who always slavishly defends the GOP, all the while claiming to be a Libertarian! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

Perhaps you might cite an example?

What you are mistaking is judging both candidates by the same yardstick as partisanship ...and to think that requires staggering amounts of doublethink.

LWW
07-18-2012, 08:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, are you voting for Gary Johnson in November? Of course not! As a true libertarian, you will vote straight GOP ticket. Ain't that right there? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </div></div>

Actually I'm leaning more towards Virgil Goode.

LWW
07-18-2012, 08:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Although I'm sure you think they are demonstrative of your "superior" right wing wit, the fact is your stale and hackneyed responses are boring and stupid. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif </div></div>

Would you care to take the El Dub Dub IQ Challenge?

It's the same one that as sent many leftists running to change their DEPENDS.

Soflasnapper
07-18-2012, 09:06 AM

I have taken no legal steps and spent no money, but try to get my college transcripts. They are not available to the public, they are private and protected.

If that is right, and it is, then this whole 'secrecy' argument is upside down as to Obama's personal and private, protected documentary trail. They are 'sealed,' if that is correct, automatically, not by his actions. And it is rather the extraordinary lengths taken by his political opponents that has required him to rebut many expensive legal actions to violate exactly the same privacy everyone has automatically.

Of course, you misquote me when you say I've admitted 'slavishly defending the regime.' Your misquote involves omitting the same 'scare quotes' seen in the previous sentence, as I was QUOTING YOUR CHARGE of that, and denying it in the same sentence. Something to the effect that " 'I slavishly defend the regime,' by criticizing it?"

As I've explained before, and as you dishonestly continue to ignore.

You should clean up your act before you take it on the road.

DiabloViejo
07-18-2012, 09:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Although I'm sure you think they are demonstrative of your "superior" right wing wit, the fact is your stale and hackneyed responses are boring and stupid. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif </div></div>

It's the same one that as sent many leftists running to change their DEPENDS. </div></div>

LMAO! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

In order to make it fair for you, I'd have to have 3/4 of my brain removed so I could equal your prodigious intelligence. Yes sir, you are a true modern day renaissance man, the Oracle of Dayton, an expert in all arts and sciences, a master of douchebaggery and SOOOOO very modest! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

BTW, I bet you can't run three balls in pool! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Soflasnapper
07-18-2012, 09:36 AM
BTW, I bet you can't run three balls in pool! \:D

Cold! LMAO!

LWW
07-18-2012, 11:02 AM
You are right, but I love to play for money and I'm not very good ... how much will the wife let you take off your EBT card?

And I'll take that as a confirmation that after running your mouth you won't accept the challenge.

pooltchr
07-18-2012, 03:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As always ... you slavishly defend the regime. </div></div>

I have taken no legal steps and spent no money, but try to get my college transcripts. They are not available to the public, they are private and protected.

</div></div>

Fair enough. Try to get my tax records and you will run into the same problem. The point is, if you are POTUS, or running for the job (or Congress) there is a certain degree of open transparency that should be expected. Why would Obama object to anyone seeing his college records, since he was such an exceptional student. Imagine, going from a self proclaimed drug user who rarely attended classes in high school to editor of the Harvard Law Review. I think a lot of people would like to know how such a feat is accomplished. I can only assume that he didn't get there on his own (sorry to borrow his own philosophy on business and apply it to his political career). It seems that there are still many unanswered questions about Obama, and one has to wonder what he is hiding by not allowing this information to be released.

This is the same charge the left is making about Mitt. So, do you think all candidates have a right to privacy, or should their histories be available to the voters?

Steve

Soflasnapper
07-18-2012, 04:16 PM
Yes, I agree with you in the main.

One cannot get tax returns of someone, generally (unless you're law enforcement), just as things like school transcripts are off-limits to most people (probably with exceptions for war on terrorism claims, etc.).

And of course, normal matters that are completely private do rise to semi-required semi-public disclosure, when running for POTUS or, say, wanting to be someone's Veep choice.

I say semi-required, as running for POTUS doesn't have a LEGAL requirement of disclosing tax returns (although confirmation by the Senate to a cabinet post, or other high office requiring Senate confirmation, generally does have such a requirement). Things like security clearance background checks may also require disclosures of normally protected information.

The problem you are neglecting to consider is that college records are not among the records that are traditionally required of POTUS candidates, or VPOTUS candidates, or those holding the office, or nominations requiring Senate confirmation, or for much of anything beyond perhaps entry level job applications or graduate school entrance applications.

We know some grades of some public figures, and those are the exceptions to the rule. Instead we are informed if they hold degrees, in what, and from where.

If they would EVER be given (or semi-required under public demand) it would be BEFORE the office was won, not after someone took office.

I don't think either McCain or Obama released such material last cycle, although McCain had previously 'bragged' about being about 2nd to last at the Naval Academy (maybe last). Umm, and also admitted he didn't understand economics much. Harvard Law confirmed O was law review president, and graduated cum laude.

So this post hoc, ad hoc claim of necessity (or even of public outcry insistence making it a semi-necessity) is bizarre and unfounded. Those demanding these things are not voting for Obama, clearly.

pooltchr
07-18-2012, 06:34 PM
I hear what you are saying. I'm just pointing out the inconsistencies in what little we know of our president's background. In his own biography, he stated that he spent his high school years skipping school, smoking reefer and doing some blow when he had the money. Pretty amazing turn-around. And I'm really surprised with that kind of high school record he could even get into Harvard. I knew some pretty darn good students in high school that couldn't get in...and the stoners were absolutely out of the running. I would like to fill in some blanks on our president here.

Steve

hondo
07-18-2012, 07:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Although I'm sure you think they are demonstrative of your "superior" right wing wit, the fact is your stale and hackneyed responses are boring and stupid. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif </div></div>

It's the same one that as sent many leftists running to change their DEPENDS. </div></div>

OH, NO! NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN! Tell them about the 1984 challenge, larry. I answered all 3 correctly. You missed the first one. Remained silent on the second one. Waited a day and declared yourself an over-whelming winner.
I learned my lesson about your challenges.
Tell us about the non-existent misses witnessing you waterboarding yourself for 10 minutes and then trying to bully some AZer into paying you 10 thousand dollars.
You've lost every bet you've made and claimed you've won every time.

You crack me up.

hondo
07-18-2012, 07:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are right, but I love to play for money and I'm not very good ... how much will the wife let you take off your EBT card?

And I'll take that as a confirmation that after running your mouth you won't accept the challenge. </div></div>

I accept your challenge. Let's play in Charleston. Nice poolroom there. How much, sucker?
Don't forget your custom Walmart cue.

hondo
07-18-2012, 07:13 PM
Obama's Harvard Law School Records - I'll take that one.
He graduated Magna Cum Laude.
You're a smart guy, Steve. What do you think those grades were?

pooltchr
07-18-2012, 08:00 PM
Impressive for a high school doper and coke head....but I still wonder how a high school doper and coke head ever got admitted to Harvard. I guess he must be right. Anything you do, you didn't really do...someone else did it for you. That's the only explanation I can come up with.

Kinda like how did a community organizer become POTUS...not because of anything he did...his only record was voting present...so someone else must have wanted him in the office.

Who pulls his strings?????? He's obviously too ignorant to do that much destructive damage to our country on his own.

Steve

hondo
07-18-2012, 08:10 PM
Not that you would be interested , but dig a little into the major contributers behind Mitt.
You might want to take a long shower afterwards because if that doesn't make you feel dirty, nothing will.

hondo
07-18-2012, 08:18 PM
Impressive for a high school doper and coke head....

You guys are all the same. I mentioned that many years ago after returning from Nam, I had a drug problem. larry wilson asks over and over again how I ever became a teacher several years later.
80 years ago Byrd was in the Klan. In larry's eyes, once a klansmen always. Despite Byrd explaining and apologizing over and over.
There is no forgiveness in you guys yet you pretend to be so moral. I don't buy it.

llotter
07-18-2012, 08:19 PM
It would be nice to know if The Moron claimed foreign student status on his college app as he did on his literary bio. I think he probably did and that would be fraudulent.

Of course, virtually everything about him is suspect, from his forged birth certificate to his Social Security fraud to his selective service fraud. I think that everyone agrees that is all this is true that he should end up in jail.

DiabloViejo
07-18-2012, 08:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are right, but I love to play for money and I'm not very good ... how much will the wife let you take off your EBT card?

And I'll take that as a confirmation that after running your mouth you won't accept the challenge. </div></div>

LOL! I have no plans on visiting Dayton, Ohio. Oh, I'm sure it's a great cosmopolitan center of arts and culture, but compared to NYC it's just a sleepy backwater town and you're not worth the trip.

But I'll tell you what.. if you are ever visiting the NYC metro area I would be willing to play you straight pool to 150, a race to 7 at 8 ball, and a race to 7 at nine ball. You get to pick from either Amsterdam or Society Billiards. With your great pool skills, beating me should be like stealing candy from a baby!

My friend will record the whole thing in HD and upload it to YouTube so everyone can see me beat you like a rented mule, or a redheaded stepchild. In fact..I’ll beat you like I’m your daddy.

We can discuss the wager if, and when, you get here. But I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for your alligator mouth to catch up with your hummingbird ass. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/306844_10150939181200885_1404509482_n.jpg

Qtec
07-19-2012, 01:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In his own biography, he stated that <u>he spent his high school years skipping school, smoking reefer and doing some blow when he had the money.</u> </div></div>

This might surprise you but that makes him NORMAL!!!!

http://kah81.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/romney-money-pic.jpg

"these poor people just don't get it." Right Mitt, or should I say Willard.[ The guy won't even admit to his real name!]

Check out the NERD in the middle.

Born with a silver spoon I might add. Yes, Mitt is the American boy. Started at the top and went further.......WOW.

Has absolutely no idea of the trials and tribulations of the working class.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">“We've always encouraged young people: Take a shot, go for it. Take a risk, get the education,<span style='font-size: 23pt'> borrow money if you have to from your parents, start a business,</span>” Romney said. </div></div>

You seem to be up to date....NOT.........how much did WILLARD borrow from his parents to get started???????????

Go on, you claim to be smart. A simple Google search should do it.

Q.......

LWW
07-19-2012, 04:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are right, but I love to play for money and I'm not very good ... how much will the wife let you take off your EBT card?

I accept your challenge. Let's play in Charleston. Nice poolroom there. How much, sucker?
Don't forget your custom Walmart cue. </div></div>

You are one of those who wet yourself last time ... and the challenge was to meet in a city half way in between.

Beyond that ... you have already established that your definition of meeting, in your words, "ANYWHERE AND AND ANYTIME" meant a KKKK outpost where the denizems brag about who hates GDN's the most.

I also offered to meet you at your home to discuss this ... and you declined. You swore you would come here ... and I een gave you my address, which you used to conspire to file a false report with Homeland Security and you are yet to arrive.

Hnce, our credibility is less than zero.

That being said, when you are prepared to deposit $2,500 in escrow to cover te challenge when you lose, I will glady embarrass you.

LWW
07-19-2012, 05:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are right, but I love to play for money and I'm not very good ... how much will the wife let you take off your EBT card?

LOL! I have no plans on visiting Dayton ... </div></div>

If it cluckslike a chicken ...

Let me put you on the list with hippie pool, hondo, purdman, superstar and other leftists who have soiled temselves after being called.

DiabloViejo
07-19-2012, 06:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are right, but I love to play for money and I'm not very good ... how much will the wife let you take off your EBT card?

Let me put you on the list with hippie pool, hondo, purdman, superstar and other leftists who have soiled temselves after being called. </div></div>

No need to put me on any list. Just grab your cue, come to NYC and put your money where your mouth is.

Think of it, I am offering you the opportunity to demonstrate your skills on video for the whole world to see! Don't you want your fan-boys to see you humiliate me at the table? Or could it be that you are too much of a wuss to take up the gauntlet? Put up or shut up, punk! What's it gonna be? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

hondo
07-19-2012, 08:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are right, but I love to play for money and I'm not very good ... how much will the wife let you take off your EBT card?

Don't forget your custom Walmart cue. </div></div>

You are one of those who wet yourself last time ... and the challenge was to meet in a city half way in between.

Beyond that ... you have already established that your definition of meeting, in your words, "ANYWHERE AND AND ANYTIME" meant a KKKK outpost where the denizems brag about who hates GDN's the most.

I also offered to meet you at your home to discuss this ... and you declined. You swore you would come here ... and I een gave you my address, which you used to conspire to file a false report with Homeland Security and you are yet to arrive.

Hnce, our credibility is less than zero.

That being said, when you are prepared to deposit $2,500 in escrow to cover te challenge when you lose, I will glady embarrass you. </div></div>

So you admit that you were lying about being in the Midtown twice, talking to Sam , and liking the food?
You gave me your address alright- LWW, Dayton, Ohio.
And then you wanted my address.
We'll meet halfway. I don't even play anymore and I'd beat your sorry ass. You wouldn't play for $2500 if somebody put a gun to you.
All bluff and lies. You're dispicable!

hondo
07-19-2012, 08:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are right, but I love to play for money and I'm not very good ... how much will the wife let you take off your EBT card?

Let me put you on the list with hippie pool, hondo, purdman, superstar and other leftists who have soiled temselves after being called. </div></div>

No need to put me on any list. Just grab your cue, come to NYC and put your money where your mouth is.

Think of it, I am offering you the opportunity to demonstrate your skills on video for the whole world to see! Don't you want your fan-boys to see you humiliate me at the table? Or could it be that you are too much of a wuss to take up the gauntlet? Put up or shut up, punk! What's it gonna be? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

</div></div>

That would never happen. He's scared to have people see what he looks like. Plus, he's bluffing. He's admitted several times on AZ he can't play. When would he have time? He's on forums 24/7.

Soflasnapper
07-19-2012, 08:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hear what you are saying. I'm just pointing out the inconsistencies in what little we know of our president's background. In his own biography, he stated that he spent his high school years skipping school, smoking reefer and doing some blow when he had the money. Pretty amazing turn-around. And I'm really surprised with that kind of high school record he could even get into Harvard. I knew some pretty darn good students in high school that couldn't get in...and the stoners were absolutely out of the running. I would like to fill in some blanks on our president here.

Steve </div></div>

Bush was a self-admitted heavy drinker/drunk until his early 40s.

Who had run every business he owned into the ground. Probably ran the gamut of drugs, with cocaine abuse alleged as well. Had at least one DUI, possibly more.

I am not attacking Bush who is not on the ballot-- these are the facts, along with his having a so-so mind for academics (C- student from his Yale grades, low 70s out of 100 scores).

He rose to great accomplishment, including entry to Harvard's exclusive MBA program at those activities at a peak in his youth.

You act as if Obama went from high school to Harvard LAW. He didn't. It was first to Occidental College and then to Columbia University, before Harvard Law.

By his account, as of when he hooked up with Michelle, he stopped catting around, and bore down on his classwork.

LWW
07-19-2012, 08:59 AM
And your point is what?

Soflasnapper
07-19-2012, 09:08 AM
Early behavior is not determinative of later behavior, and plenty of people have turned themselves around out of self-destructive behaviors to great accomplishment.

There are many examples of this. Bush's accomplishments came even though he had destructive bad habits into his 40th year (after he quit them, then).

He might have done better still with a head start on changing his life (had it been in his 20s), as Obama appears to have done. Obama had to get serious earlier, as he did not have the Bush machine pushing him along to 'success.'

LWW
07-19-2012, 09:16 AM
So are you aiming he went to Harvard on his own merits?

Soflasnapper
07-19-2012, 09:25 AM
Apparently he became the protege of Zbieg B. at Columbia, and likely had a boost from him, I presume.

We are not going to find out if perhaps O hit the LSAT out of the ballpark in my opinion. Or if he excelled at Columbia, to qualify as normal to matriculate at Harvard Law. Perhaps he did both of those as well. Certainly there is no evidence he didn't.

But it is indeed sensible to look at his relationship with Zbieg.

pooltchr
07-19-2012, 12:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

But it is indeed sensible to look at his relationship with Zbieg.
</div></div>

And it would be sensible to look at his school records....but he isn't going to let that happen. WHY??

What does he have to hide. If he indeed turned his life around, and excelled in school, I would think he would be proud of the fact. Much like Hondo tells us how he turned his life around and became a renowned educator, showing how Obama turned around his life/education might inspire others. Of course, we know if you own a successful business, it's not because of anything you've done. So one can assume that if you go from a druggie to top dog at Harvard Law, it must be due to the actions of others, and not anything you did yourself.

Steve

Soflasnapper
07-19-2012, 03:06 PM
I have about 150 employees.

If they pass through to a job offer phase, we require they give permission for a criminal background check.

We check on references, and we check past employers.

We don't check on school transcripts. Why would we, and why should anyone (with the exceptions I've noted, as for graduate school admission, etc.)?

For that matter, has Romney now provided his school transcripts? Not to my knowledge. I haven't heard of his GPA, his class standing (whether perhaps he was the valedictorian or salutatorian), whether he graduated with honors or didn't from Harvard Law and MBA graduate schools.

In case I'm right, and Romney himself has not provided these KEY background matters, even though he's now applying for a job (whereas Obama already has it), then there is zero case that Obama should be required to do this.

What would that answer be? Black aspirants must show their grades, white aspirants to the same job do not?

Or, we can take Romney's word for it, because we know he is honest (and white, did I mention that?) Whereas we know Obama is dishonest and....

Really, does anyone think this through? The very LEAST the GOP could do if they want to get college transcripts (and where will that end? gradeschool as well?), is have their own guy supply his. Has he? Has he?

I do not think so at all. So, down the drain with another BS talking point. No consistency, no credibility to the demand. Equal treatment for all candidates.

pooltchr
07-19-2012, 04:10 PM
End of conversation. When you play the race card, you lose any credibility. I'm done here.
Steve

Soflasnapper
07-19-2012, 04:51 PM
I understand that. I hasten to state I asked it as a general question, not of you in particular. You are following a herd of people asking for this, not leading the herd.

Although I meant to play that as a possible suggestion only, because I could think of no other reason. It's not impossible that's the reason, is it? And what other reason can be suggested?

But certainly, don't bother your head with asking why it is that ROMNEY's grades haven't been demanded, or even offered to prompt Obama's release of his.

Or bother your head with why it is that no one has even mentioned that point but me.

The fact is that in our history and traditions, no president or nominee to be president has ever released his grades.

The sudden interest in this man's grades, and the insistence he must provide them is unique, and peculiar.

What is the reason? You will not be responding, I take it.

I ask the same question of all.

People simply take the Trump line, that maybe if Obama releases his grades (as no one ever has), then maybe Romney might release more of his tax returns (as all have). Makes sense only if you refuse to think about it just slightly.

LWW
07-19-2012, 05:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For that matter, has Romney now provided his school transcripts? Not to my knowledge. I haven't heard of his GPA, his class standing (whether perhaps he was the valedictorian or salutatorian), whether he graduated with honors or didn't from Harvard Law and MBA graduate schools.

In case I'm right, and Romney himself has not provided these KEY background matters, even though he's now applying for a job (whereas Obama already has it), then there is zero case that Obama should be required to do this. </div></div>

Once again, you aren't right ... nd tere is omething you on't know because your self imposed partisan blinders won't let you know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> 4. Mitt and Ann married on March 21, 1969--four months after he returned from his mission. Future President Gerald Ford was a guest at their wedding. Ann was attending college at Brigham Young University and <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Mitt transferred there, eventually graduating first in his class in 1971 with a degree in English and a 3.97 GPA</span>. Their first son, Taggart, was born on their first anniversary.

5. The young couple moved to Boston so <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Mitt could attend Harvard Law School. He was also accepted into a joint M.B.A. program at Harvard Business School. Their second son, Matthew, was born and in 1975 he graduated cum laude from Harvard Law School and in the top 5 percent of his class at HBS.</span></div></div>

I guess your internet doesn't use the google?

From the reich wing nut USNWR. (http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2007/02/01/10-things-you-didnt-know-about-mitt-romney)

LWW
07-19-2012, 05:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The fact is that in our history and traditions, no president or nominee to be president has ever released his grades. </div></div>

Oh pease.

Kerry released his records.

Bush didn't but claimed to only be a C student.

The moonbat crazy left then went on a Jihad to purloin a transcript.

Once they had it, they realized that Bush had better grades than Kerry.

Clinton released his.

Next myth?

Soflasnapper
07-19-2012, 06:09 PM
I went and looked, and the claim I found on that search was that no one had released their grades or transcripts as president or running for president.

You actually haven't shown that anyone has.

I padded that claim with some extraneous additional details of the educational background that I thought had also not been released. What you have shown is that perhaps some of these additional details were released, although perhaps that is still not the case. Specifically, released by presidential nominees, for that race.

Likely, Romney's claimed GPA was released years ago for some other reason than running for the presidency. (Reason: I've been keeping up with these races, and I recall no such release in this or his prior presidential nomination races.)

He ran for US Senate and governor of Massachusetts before he ever ran for president. Note, the claimed GPA appears a bare assertion without evidence, not questioning whether it is accurate, but no one can check the grades, as the GRADES comprising the GPA, and the transcripts, aren't in evidence on this citation.

Kerry released his transcripts after he LOST his '04 bid, not as a pre-condition of vetting him in the nomination race or as the nominee.

Bush and Gore had their transcripts purloined, and independently released by others without their involvement or permission.

I've never heard of Clinton's release of his grades, but if he did, it would appear he was the only one. Hardly a pattern or custom in a singular such case, if that is even true.

That Obama did graduate, and magna cum laude, from Harvard Law is a matter of fact. An unsubstantiated claim in the comments section of your linked piece states: Barack Obama received a prize for having the highest GPA in his graduating class. I've also never heard of that one, and think I would have, but it may still be true.

So sure, you partially rebutted my non-denial/question as to whether anything at all was known about Romney's GPA, class standing, and honors upon graduation (I fully accept his earning cum laude honors from Harvard Law, while noting those are lesser honors than the magna cum laude Obama earned there, but on Romney's side is his additional summa cum laude honors from BYU in English studies).

So obviously, by your insulting tone, you also have the transcripts and the grades from Romney (why no mention of his Stanford gpa or class standing there, btw?) to actually refute the core of my claim? How long should I wait for you to link to them?

Soflasnapper
07-19-2012, 06:16 PM
Here's something on Kerry's release:

Yale grades portray Kerry as a lackluster student
His 4-year average on par with Bush's
By Michael Kranish
Globe Staff / June 7, 2005

WASHINGTON -- During last year's presidential campaign, John F. Kerry was the candidate often portrayed as intellectual and complex, while George W. Bush was the populist who mangled his sentences. (Full article: 829 words)

The rest, and the money quotes, are behind a pay firewall. But from the date and the brief lede paragraph, one can see they are discussing this the year after the election, and also stating that the campaign narrative was disproven by the transcripts.

Not DURING the campaign, but afterwards, probably around the date of this article. Here, if you'd like to buy a look. (http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2005/06/07/yale_grades_portray_kerry_as_a_lackluster_student/)

Or maybe he didn't release them himself at all.

In an article about ALL the documents released by the candidates, they say this:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> College records: In June 2005, the Boston Globe divulged Kerry’s transcript information from his undergraduate record at Yale. It revealed that Kerry had a cumulative grade average of 76 over four years in school. His freshman year average was 71 and his senior year average was 81. </div></div>

WND piece, here (http://www.wnd.com/2009/08/106051/)

That isn't clear as to whether that information came from Kerry or from others.

As to Clinton's grades, etc., here's what the same piece says:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> College records: Clinton majored in international affairs at Georgetown University in Washington, D.C., and was awarded a Rhodes Scholarship to the University of Oxford in England. He received a law degree from Yale University in 1973, and entered politics in Arkansas. While his scores were presumably high, copies of his transcripts are not available online. </div></div>

By this, there was no release (article dated in 2009).

And finally, this, as to GHW Bush:

George H.W. Bush’s college transcripts and military records are not available online.

Soflasnapper
07-19-2012, 07:03 PM
On Obama's having the highest GPA at Harvard Law School:

...when Barack Obama graduated from Harvard Law School no one had graduated Summa cum Laude from Harvard in decades and no one graduated Summa cum Laude that year (when he graduated), either. Barack Obama graduated Magna cum Laude and had the highest GPA of anyone graduating from Harvard Law School that year. Therefore he received a prize for having the highest GPA. Some of Obama's classmates who also graduated that year have publicly stated that Obama won the prize for having the highest GPA in the class.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_was_Barack_Obama's_class_rank_at_Harvard_Law_ School#ixzz217WSlfAM

Qtec
07-20-2012, 12:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Really,<u> does anyone think this through?</u> The very LEAST the GOP could do if they want to get college transcripts (and where will that end? gradeschool as well?), is have their own guy supply his. Has he? Has he?

I do not think so at all. So, down the drain with another BS talking point. No consistency, no credibility to the demand. Equal treatment for all candidates. </div></div>

Obama is being held to a far higher standard than Mitt, this guy explains why.

to the point (http://crooksandliars.com/karoli/john-sununu-everybodys-drunk-uncle)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Charles M. Blow was on fire on The Last Word last night, ablaze with reaction to John Sununu's stupid "othering" of President Obama.

For his part, Mr. Sununu did what wingers always do after they've gone off the edge of the ledge: He waited until late afternoon to meekly walk back the worst of his remarks on the lowest-rated cable network there is (CNN), saying he <u>"should not have used those words,"</u> and then went on to claim that the President didn't understand American business ways, but instead "thinks that jobs are created by giving grants to your cronies, to your bundlers and your cronies."

Way to apologize there, John-boy. That apology was nothing more than an <u>"I'm sorry that I said what I really thought."</u> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>But fear not, Charles M. Blow was ready for him. You just have to watch the clip, because <u>he was that good.</u></span>

I only wish I could think of Sununu as my drunk uncle, but even drunks make more sense than he did. </div></div>

LOL Brilliant.

From day one, the GOP have acted like Obama didn't win the election.
They have promoted,with the help of the RW media,the idea that somehow Obama just can't be a legitimate President!
He is not an American, doesn't understand American ways, he's a Kenian, a Muslim, a Socialist who wasn't even born in the USA, his BC is a forgery, etc etc.

Race does have something to do with it but its not the major factor in this hatred of Obama. I'm sure if Hillary had won the election Steve would hold her in equal contempt. He would be asking for <u>her</u> high school grades saying <u>"what is she hiding?"</u> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Obama is not one of the elite, not one of them, that's the problem.

Q

Soflasnapper
07-20-2012, 09:32 AM
The answer, if it isn't actually racism, is that it is simply politics (chiefly), only using racist elements as a rhetorical tool, but not really having their heart in that part, not actually racist themselves. But using that appeal for political reasons, to reach that part of the populace that is?

That's my hypothesis, and I do not see an alternative one that puts them in any better light.