PDA

View Full Version : The Southern Strategy is getting louder

Qtec
07-25-2012, 08:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>Romney Dog Whistle of the Day</span>
Posted on 07/25/2012 at 9:34 am by Bob Cesca

A Romney adviser leans on the “he’s not white like us” horn:

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>“We are part of <u>an Anglo-Saxon heritage,</u> and [Romney] feels that the special relationship is special,” the adviser said of Mr Romney, adding: “The White House didn’t fully appreciate the shared history we have.”</span>

Yes, we’re all white and he’s not so he just doesn’t get it. Because he’s part African. So he doesn’t understand that America was once a British colony, etc, etc.

The Southern Strategy is getting louder by the day. </div></div>

He's not one of us.

Q

Q

Gayle in MD
07-25-2012, 08:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>Romney Dog Whistle of the Day</span>
Posted on 07/25/2012 at 9:34 am by Bob Cesca

A Romney adviser leans on the “he’s not white like us” horn:

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>“We are part of <u>an Anglo-Saxon heritage,</u> and [Romney] feels that the special relationship is special,” the adviser said of Mr Romney, adding: “The White House didn’t fully appreciate the shared history we have.”</span>

Yes, we’re all white and he’s not so he just doesn’t get it. Because he’s part African. So he doesn’t understand that America was once a British colony, etc, etc.

The Southern Strategy is getting louder by the day. </div></div>

He's not one of us.

Q

Q </div></div>

Another good example of why I call them REPIGLICANS!

They have no honor at all!

It is the Repiglicans like this idiot, who do not understand what it is to be an American.

Interesting now to see that the Repiglican "Christians" are going to go out there and vote for a non-Christian MORMON cult member, after attacking a president who was born in America, made his own way in life, and has been honest about his path throughout his life, right from the start, when Romney has a decades long history of hiding his corruption.

G.

sack316
07-25-2012, 08:26 PM
Not that I don't think it is a stupid comment to make, but why is it ok for African Americans to tout their history in a similar manner to this but not OK for anglo-saxons? Always a double standard I've seen through life...

But anyway, Obama will be ok and can be successful because he is light skinned and doesn't speak with a negro dialect unless he wants to have one

Sack

Qtec
07-26-2012, 12:57 AM
For starters.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">“Despite his promises that politics stops at the water’s edge, governor Romney’s wheels hadn’t even touched down in London before his advisers were reportedly<u> playing politics with international diplomacy,</u> attempting to create daylight between the United States and the United Kingdom where none exists,” Vice President Joe Biden said in a statement.

The comments, Biden said, “are a disturbing start to a trip designed to demonstrate governor Romney’s readiness to represent the United States on the world’s stage.”

Senior Obama re-election strategist David Axelrod called the comments “stunningly offensive.” </div></div>

When you represent the USA, you represent all citizens, not just an Anglo-Saxon minority and when you go abroad you don't criticize the POTUS.!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But anyway, Obama will be ok and can be successful because he is <u>light skinned</u> and doesn't speak with a negro dialect unless he wants to have one

Sack </div></div>

I'm sure the Romney camp would love to say what you just did but if they did, they would be accused of racism. They have to be a bit more subtle. That's why they portray Obama as somehow being 'different'. Its code for black. ie,someone who is not the same colour as we are.

Q

sack316
07-26-2012, 07:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But anyway, Obama will be ok and can be successful because he is <u>light skinned</u> and doesn't speak with a negro dialect unless he wants to have one

Sack </div></div>

I'm sure the Romney camp would love to say <u><span style='font-size: 14pt'>what you just did</span></u> but if they did, they would be accused of racism. They have to be a bit more subtle. That's why they portray Obama as somehow being 'different'. Its code for black. ie,someone who is not the same colour as we are.

Q

</div></div>

Actually those weren't my words. Those are from the ever tolerant and totally never racist Senator Harry Reid.

Sack

sack316
07-26-2012, 07:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
When you represent the USA, you represent all citizens, not just an Anglo-Saxon minority and when you go abroad you don't criticize the POTUS.!

</div></div>

Now that I agree with.

Sack

eg8r
07-26-2012, 07:46 AM
Haha. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

Gayle in MD
07-26-2012, 07:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not that I don't think it is a stupid comment to make, but why is it ok for African Americans to tout their history in a similar manner to this but not OK for anglo-saxons? Always a double standard I've seen through life...

<span style="color: #990000">OMG! If you can't see the difference, maybe it is because you are an anglo-saxon, and were never part of an ethnic group who were trapped in slavery by racist anglo-saxons?

Tell us how AFrican Americans deny you or any other anglo-saxon their right to equal treatment under our laws, or ample opportunity to speak about their own history?

Was it anglo-saxons who determined that people of color were not full human beings in the constitution of the United States?

Was it African Americans who owned white slaves from the beginning of this country?

This is far from the first time that the Romney Campaign, and the Teaparty yahoos and Bachmann's of the world have used their racist dog whistle buzz words to excite the racists among us.</span>

But anyway, Obama will be ok and can be successful because he is light skinned and doesn't speak with a negro dialect unless he wants to have one

Sack </div></div>

<span style="color: #990000">Whenn he does speak it isn't about dividing people, it is about inclusion. I guess some people can't see the difference between that, and the disrespectful way Repiglicans have treated him from the very beginning. Some can't understand the gross racist of Repiglicans like Michelle Backmann, and Joe Wilson of "You lie!" fame.

Some approach their lives out of an organized denial that racism even exists.

Romney, and the Repiglicans, are a disgrace to our country, IMO, regardless of their color, and to use the Anglo-Saxon card against our first president of color in such a disgraceful manner, should and does offend all of us who are not racists, and all of us who hold equal rights for all Americans, above all else!

G.</span>

eg8r
07-26-2012, 07:50 AM
Wonder if Romney will have the adviser clarify his statements.

eg8r

sack316
07-26-2012, 08:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
OMG! If you can't see the difference, maybe it is because you are an anglo-saxon, and were never part of an ethnic group who were trapped in slavery by racist anglo-saxons?</div></div>

I have Armenian heritage, thank you. Genocide for the win.

I'm allowed to be proud that I also have Irish and German heritage too. Just as African Americans can honor theirs. It doesn't make me racist to be proud of where I come from no more than anyone else. I don't think myself greater than anyone else because of it.

Sack

Gayle in MD
07-26-2012, 09:08 AM
Well, apparently the Romney operative does think so, that Romney is better than Obama, because he is half AFrican American. That was exactly what he was driving at.

Additionally, your statement in and of itself, sounded very racist to me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> but why is it ok for African Americans to <span style='font-size: 17pt'>tout</span> their history in a similar manner to this but not OK for anglo-saxons? Always a double standard I've seen through life...

</div></div>

The Anglo-Saxon we are addressing made a racist statement against our President.

How is pointing that out, a double standard? Additionally, how is it an African American reaction? And, Why are you using the word, "Tout" as your description of highlighting racism.

Additionally, how is it, in your case, apparently by denying that a double standard has existed, and still exists, as regards the treatment of African Americans in this country, is not racist in and of itself?

Anyone who would read the Romney Campaign's statement, certainly couldn't deny that it was clearly suggesting that the shared Anglo-Saxon "white" heritage of Romney, and that connection with the British "white Anglo Saxons, automatically gives Romney an edge that the president, by virtue of is part African American heritage, makes him less able to honor through our countries shared cohesion with the British, as Americans, due to a half African American President.

Disgusting!

No one in good conscience could deny that it was a racial slur against the president.

Do you deny that?

Additionally, your original statements didn't sound like you thought it was fair for African Americans, or any Americans to point out or address what was clearly a raciist statement by the Romney Campaign, indicating that you saw that as unfair, and that you believe there is a double standard, when racism is pointed out, somehow finding it unfair, even though Anglo-Saxons were not the victims of racism nor held as slaves for decades and condemned as less than human, in America's history, but African Americans, were.

There is a difference.

Racism does exist.

Apparently what you have experienced in your life as an anglo-saxon observer, does not account for this fact.

Do correct me if I mis-judged what clearly seemed to be your entire point.

However, I truly don't know how anyone could read what you wrote, and not think it was a racist statement.

G.

LWW
07-26-2012, 01:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When you represent the USA, you represent all citizens, not just an Anglo-Saxon minority and when you go abroad you don't criticize the POTUS.!

Q </div></div>

Yet you never expect Obama to represent all the citizens, nor were you the least bit upset when numerous demokrooks ... including Obma ... went aboad and criticzed the POTUS.

I wonder why?

sack316
07-27-2012, 01:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Do correct me if I mis-judged what clearly seemed to be your entire point.
</div></div>

Yes, I believe you did. Taking how easily one can misread text (let's admit it, it is difficult to express tone, for example, in written word), I'd think you know me a little better than that. Granting your points I can see how one could possibly arrive at the conclusion you pointed out... but given our personal relationship I'd certainly hope you'd know it was not expressed in the manner you seem to think.

Sack