PDA

View Full Version : Update on Samuel

sack316
07-27-2012, 01:21 PM
Well all, overall Samuel has done pretty well up until the last several days.

He has pretty well decided he doesn't want to bottle feed at all now. And after gaining weight like a champ the last several weeks he has slowly been dropping a few grams the last few days (somewhere around 5 lbs 11 oz now).

They have decide to go ahead and move up his heart surgery, which will be scheduled for sometime next week.

We were accepted into the Ronald McDonald house today, so we are setting up camp there for a little while and alternating staying up there so at least one of us can be around at all times. Fortunately work has once again gone above and beyond to accommodate me with my schedule to do what I need to do (considering we are now in inventory prep mode and I'm salaried management, that's a pretty big deal!)

So Momma is on the way up now. I'm at home finishing up a few things here and will head up for a few hours to help get settled in to our new home away from home. I'll be back to work Saturday and Sunday, then will be back in Birmingham for probably the rest of the week.

Overall, this could be a good thing. Once the heart defect is repaired and he recovers, there's a good chance he can come on home (possibly 3 weeks to a month from now or so). If they had went with the original plan, he'd probably be up there another 2 to 4 months and THEN have surgery. So while part of me is terrified to see the surgery come so early and when he's still so little... another part is ready to see this whole thing be put behind us and finally move back to "normal" life and enjoy being a family at our home rather than in an NICU room.

I'll try to update as best I can on here and on Facebook, in the mean time just please send some positive thoughts and prayers for my son to make it through all of this just fine and continue to be the happy playful little baby he has been so far in his first 2 months of life!

Love,
Sack

LWW
07-27-2012, 02:28 PM
He and his family have been, and remain, in mine and my wife's prayers.

You have friends here, and ... PLEASE ... don't be shy about counting on their support.

May the Creator of the universe watch over him.

sack316
07-27-2012, 11:12 PM
Thanks my friend!

Sack

DiabloViejo
07-28-2012, 01:30 AM
I will keep your son in my thoughts and prayers for his return to good health and a long and happy life.

sack316
07-28-2012, 05:46 AM
Thanks Diablo and thank you for the kind PM.

Sack

Qtec
07-28-2012, 07:10 AM
Good news is always good news.

I'm hoping you don't have to sell everything you own to pay the bill.

Q

Soflasnapper
07-28-2012, 10:49 AM
in the mean time just please send some positive thoughts and prayers for my son to make it through all of this just fine and continue to be the happy playful little baby he has been so far in his first 2 months of life!

Yes, Amen. You three are in my thoughts and prayers. God bless you all.

sack316
07-28-2012, 09:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good news is always good news.

I'm hoping you don't have to sell everything you own to pay the bill.

Q </div></div>

Thanks Q, we'll be fine. Contrary to popular belief even lower middle class folk such as us can have pretty good insurance. Zero cost prenatal care... and first few weeks rang up a bill around the 200K mark, thus far we've only been billed $100 out of pocket that I know of. I'm sure we'll clear a cool half a million bucks easily before long after the heart surgery and all. Will let ya know what the net tally for us will be /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

sack316
07-28-2012, 09:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">in the mean time just please send some positive thoughts and prayers for my son to make it through all of this just fine and continue to be the happy playful little baby he has been so far in his first 2 months of life!

Yes, Amen. You three are in my thoughts and prayers. God bless you all. </div></div>

Thank you so much my friend, and thanks again for you know what. You're definitely one of the truly good people in this world, and I feel very fortunate to be able to call you our friend!

Sack

eg8r
07-29-2012, 03:03 PM
Wow, I cannot believe all the stress this must have on you. I love the pics you have been posting though, he definitely is a little fighter. You guys are definitely in our prayers.

eg8r

sack316
07-29-2012, 08:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, I cannot believe all the stress this must have on you. I love the pics you have been posting though, he definitely is a little fighter. You guys are definitely in our prayers.

eg8r </div></div>

Thanks Ed. Yeah it's been stressful, but yet somewhat surreal at the same time. They just up and decided Friday to go ahead and do the surgery Monday... I was on rotation by myself this weekend so luckily haven't had time to stop and think/worry very much. About to take a little catnap then drive up to Birmingham in a couple of hours. Will try to keep everyone posted!

Sack

Gayle in MD
07-31-2012, 10:55 AM
Dear Sack,

With all my heart, I hope things go well, and hope that you will all be together back at home, enjoyng one another, as soon as possible.

Chin up, as hard as I know that can be sometimes, he will need all of your positive energy around him to help him get well again.

Love,
Gayle