PDA

View Full Version : The Ad Romney Should Fear The Most!

DiabloViejo
07-27-2012, 07:50 PM
The Bain Ad That Romney Should Fear the Most
abcnews.go.com (http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/07/the-bain-ad-that-romney-should-fear-the-most/)

Mitt Romney survived a relentless barrage of attack ads about Bain Capital during the Republican primary, but now there’s one ad that appears to be breaking through more than any other.
The one-minute spot, made by the super PAC supporting President Obama, Priorities USA Action, already has more than 1 million hits on YouTube, more than 10 times any other super PAC ad. More significant, a person at a Republican group that has tested Democratic attacks on Romney told ABC News the ad is potentially the most devastating yet.

Posted June 23, it’s running on TVs in Ohio and other battleground states, and it blames Romney for firing workers while making millions.

The ad stars a former plant worker in Indiana who tells the story: One day he was told to build a small stage and, shortly after, Romney’s Bain colleagues herded the workers in front of the stage to tell them they were fired. Romney, the worker says, made $100 million by shutting down the plant.

“I looked both ways. I looked at the crowd, and we all just lost our jobs,” says the worker, Mike Earnest. “Turns out that when we built that stage it was like building my own coffin, and it just made me sick.”

The Romney campaign has not responded to a request for comment.

Here's the link to the ad on YouTube. (http://youtu.be/oLo0Jwj03JU)

LWW
07-28-2012, 04:35 AM
I'm curious about a few things:

1 -Why didn't this worker name the company?

2 - Why, when they filmed the supposed plant, didn't it have a company name?

3 - How exactly did BAIN make a profit of $100,000,000.00 by closing a profitable plant?

4 - If it was profiable, why did ownership sell it to BAIN in the first pace?

5 - Why didn't you ask any of the questions?

LWW
07-28-2012, 05:12 AM
Doing the research you would never do, I eared that:

- The Marion plant was purchased by BAIN owned AMPAD and made hanging files.

- This is the only case of BAIN closing up a comany that the dembots have came up with.

- BAIN bought AMPAD from MEAD, which was selling it because it was struggling.

- AMPAD bought the Marion pant from SMITH-CORONA, which sold it because the entire company was struggling, and their paper plant had a radical union. SMITH-CORONA ditched a double loser by shedding a typewriter paper plant and gained some cash ... they filed a chapter 11 soon anyway.

- AMPAD attempted to negotiate a ne contract with the Marion union.

- The union refused, and went on strike.

- Romney was on leave of absence from BAIN when AMPAD was purchased, nor while the strike happened.

- After six months of the strike ... yes, somehow working zero shifts was spoon fed to you to be working three shifts and producing nothing was changed to being profitable ... the Marion plant was closed.

- The Marion jobs were lost, but those jobs ... and many, many more ... were added at other US AMPAD locations.

- The $100M was the total of AMPAD profits for te next four years.

- By 1999 AMPAD filed bankruptcy due to rice pressure from new paper retailing giants such as WALMART, COSTCO, OFFICE DEPOT and STAPLES ... an event which would ave happened sooner had the Marion plant not closed.

- The people spoon feeding you these lies are the same union officials who forced the closing of the Marion plant.

Fascist regimes count on mindless bots who will buy whatever the regime sells.

Qtec
07-28-2012, 07:17 AM
Are you going to provide a link or should I just look it up at Brietbart or another of those RW nutjob websites?

Q

LWW
07-28-2012, 07:33 AM
If you had any real interest ... you would have found it on your own.

And since we both know you have zero interest in doing so, I'll prime the pump with THIS (http://www.bostonherald.com/news/opinion/op_ed/view.bg?articleid=1061144350&srvc=home&position=emailed) from the reich wing Boston media.

The sad truth ... which the spoon wielders forbid you knowing, and you lack the intellectual curiosity to learn ... is that the BAIN which broke AMPAD the same BAIN which is backing Obama.

Just another example of how easily this cabal is to pimp.

All but the most moonbat crazy left of the moonbat leftist media have denounced the Obama regime for this pack of blatant lies.

Does it bother you that you are lied to with such impunity, or do you find ride in the fact that you can so obediently believe such obvious lies?

DiabloViejo
07-28-2012, 02:28 PM
Here you go fuzz nuts!:

What Bain Capital Left Out Of Its Ampad Defense
May 21, 2012 6:47pm
ABC News' (http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/05/what-bain-capital-left-out-of-its-ampad-defense/) Michael Falcone reports:

After the Obama campaign unleashed another attack Monday on Mitt Romney’s business dealings at Bain Capital, the private equity firm went on defense. But Bain’s public statement is as notable for what it included as it is for what it left out.

Bain, which Romney founded in the 1980′s, sought to explain its 1992 acquisition of Ampad and its role in the office supplier’s eventual downfall — the subject of a 5-minute web video the Obama campaign unveiled on Monday. The video features testimonials from workers who lost their jobs when Bain merged Ampad with another office supply company in Marion, Indiana.

“We acquired Ampad from Mead Corp. in 1992, and grew the overall business during the four years we controlled the company. The Marion plant was a challenging situation in a business that was performing well overall, growing revenues and adding jobs,” reads the statement from Bain Capital. “Our control of Ampad ended in 1996, fully four years before it encountered financial difficulties due to overwhelming pressure from ‘big box’ retailers, declines in paper demand, and intense foreign price pressures. Despite political attacks that emphasize the few companies that have struggled, the facts are that during Bain Capital’s ownership, revenues grew in 80 percent of the more than 350 companies in which we have invested.”

Although the statement points out that Bain’s “control of Ampad ended in 1996,” up until 1999, Bain owned a nearly 36 percent stake in the paper supply company through stock ownership in five investment funds that bought shares in the company, according to public records.

In fact, in 1999, Bain was actually the largest single shareholder of Ampad. In addition, as of 1999, three Bain executives were sat on Ampad’s board of directors.

The statement mentions that Ampad “encountered financial difficulties due to overwhelming pressure from ‘big box”‘ retailers,” among other factors.

But it turns out that one of the big box retailers putting pressure on Ampad was a company Romney often holds up as a Bain success story — the office supply giant, Staples.

In a 2008 Boston Globe article headlined, “As Bain slashed jobs, Romney stayed to side,” reporter Robert Gavn writes that Ampad “became squeezed between onerous debt that had financed acquisitions and falling prices for its office-supply products. Its biggest customers — including Staples — used their buying power and access to Asian suppliers to demand lower prices from Ampad.

The article also notes that Romney sat on the Staples board of directors during the period of Ampad’s slide into bankruptcy, which occurred in 2000.

Romney’s work at Bain has become a major flashpoint early in the general election. At a press conference in Chicago on Monday, President Obama underscored his campaign’s message:

“If your main argument for how to grow the economy is ‘I knew how to make a lot of money for investors’ than you’re missing what this job is about,” he said.

And Romney quickly chimed in with a statement of his own, saying that “President Obama confirmed today that he will continue his attacks on the free enterprise system.

Soflasnapper
07-28-2012, 05:44 PM
the BAIN which broke AMPAD the same BAIN which is backing Obama.

That's probably false.

For "Bain" to be backing Obama, you'd have to show either their PAC contributing to him, or the one man who is supposed to be a bundler gaining the personal contributions of others at Bain to be bundled.

So far as I've heard, the one guy has NOT gotten the firm to join in with his backing, meaning by either a PAC contribution from the firm, or multiple persons at Bain joining in the bundling.

Soflasnapper
07-28-2012, 05:48 PM
Ok, here is how "Bain" is supporting Obama this cycle:

Here are the facts, based on analysis of data from the Federal Election Commission (FEC) and the Center for Responsive Politics:

People listing variations of “Bain Capital” as their employer donated $830,400 to the Romney Victory fund in the second quarter of 2012, according to Public Campaign Action Fund analysis of the committee’s FEC report filed on Sunday.*
Before this latest report, Bain Capital employees had already donated $156,500 to Romney’s 2012 campaign, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.
Six current Bain employees have contributed $1,625,000 to “Restore Our Future,” the main support PAC working to elect Romney. All six have also donated to Romney’s campaign. Ed Conard, who lists Bain Capital as his employer on the newly released quarterly report, donated an additional $1 million to the super PAC.
In his failed 2008 bid, Bain Capital employees donated $118,550 to Romney.
Bain employees have also donated $164,500 to Romney’s Free & Strong America PAC since 2007.
In total, Bain Capital employees have given at least $3.9 million to Romney’s campaigns, leadership PAC, and super PAC since 2007.

Cited here. (http://campaignmoney.org/blog/2012/07/16/bain-employees-give-big-romney)

Qtec
07-29-2012, 02:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you had any real interest ... you would have found it on your own.

And since we both know you have zero interest in doing so, I'll prime the pump with <span style='font-size: 17pt'>THIS from the reich wing Boston media. </span></div></div>

Really, is that the best you got?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Romney record distorted by foes
By <span style='font-size: 14pt'>N. Scott Jones</span> </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Author Archive
Obama 2012: Hypocrisy in High Gear
Posted: July 20, 2012 by <u>N. Scott Jones</u> in Uncategorized

Reblogged from N. Scott Jones: Bain, Bain and more Bain. Capital that is. Presumptive GOP nominee Mitt Romney continues taking fire over his tenure at Bain Capital, the venture capital he helped co-found and reportedly left in February, 1999. That’s more than thirteen years ago, yet Team Obama seems intent on re-writing history and using [...]
<u>Obama's Borg Moment
Posted: July 18, 2012 by N. Scott Jones </u>in Uncategorized

Reblogged from N. Scott Jones: Barack Obama Certain moments in this year’s presidential election have made me feel like an episode of The Twilight Zone. Bizarre, incredible, mythical, delusional – you choose your own adjective. The latest kerfuffle over Obama’s view of business reminds me more of a Star Trek scene involving the Borg: “We [...]
<u>Obama Team's Bain Bomb: A Big Dud?
Posted: July 13, 2012 by N. Scott Jones </u>in Uncategorized

Reblogged from N. Scott Jones: Read my latest column in The Daily caller at the link below. DAILY CALLER: Obama Team’s Bain Bomb: A Big Dud? My latest in The Daily Caller…
<u>Team Obama's Game of Dodge Ball
Posted: July 10, 2012 by N. Scott Jones </u>in Uncategorized

Reblogged from N. Scott Jones: My first editorial column in The Daily Caller at the link below. I have joined them as a contributing columnist. Team Obama’s Game of Dodge Ball.
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Never a vulture in Mitt’s venture
Posted: July 9, 2012 by N. Scott Jones</span> in Uncategorized

Reblogged from N. Scott Jones: My editorial in today’s Boston Herald regarding inaccurate claims against Mitt Romney and his record at Bain Capital. Never a vulture in Mitt’s venture.
<u>Bain, Ampad & Romney Revisited: I Was There
Posted: June 16, 2012 by N. Scott Jones</u> in Uncategorized

Reblogged from N. Scott Jones: Overview The following is an issue brief I prepared in an attempt to correct huge errors in claims made against Mitt Romney regarding what happened with American Pad & Paper (Ampad) and Bain Capital. Many don’t care about the gross factual errors on this issue. I do. I am the [...]
Santorum’s Latest Win: State of Delusion
Posted: April 4, 2012 by N. Scott Jones in Politics

I have said it before, and I preface this post with it again. I believe Rick Santorum, by most accounts, is a decent man, a patriotic American and a mediocre elected official, based on an 18 year record in Congress. In my last post I wrote about the epic battle of a candidate’s heart versus [...]
</div></div>

Yes, I do research and the only source you can come up with is a RW nutjob.

Q