PDA

View Full Version : FOX Warns Brits: "You better back off"

DiabloViejo
07-28-2012, 02:56 PM
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Kilmeade warns Brits: You ‘better back off’ because Romney ‘could be president’</span>

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/fox_ff_kilmeade_brits_120727c-615x345.jpg

Fox News co-host Brian Kilmeade is telling the British people to “back off” GOP hopeful Mitt Romney after a series of gaffes by the candidate outraged the country.

Kilmeade told Fox News host Chris Wallace that Romney had simply made a “candid response” when he suggested that London might not be ready for the Olympic games.

“I think the British press better back off, and so should the officials,” Kilmeade warned. “This guy could be president.”

Read entire article and watch the video here: LINK (http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/07/27/kilmeade-warns-brits-you-better-back-off-because-romney-could-be-president/)

Qtec
07-29-2012, 05:35 AM
The Brits are shaking in their boots...not!

middle of nowhere (http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/07/27/mitt-romney-snubbed-by-uk-government-cameron-romneyshambles-olympics_n_1709198.html?utm_hp_ref=politics&ir=Politics)

Q

eg8r
07-29-2012, 03:08 PM
LOL, doesn't this guy know the Brits are notorious for complaining? I was fortunate to be over there while Romney made these statements and my coworkers complained about what he said but never disagreed with him. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif LOL, they all also talked me out of going into London and dealing with the mayhem that the Olympics has "caused". /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

hondo
07-29-2012, 10:37 PM
Mitt should watch what he is saying. He might be POTUS.
Doesn't he realize England is an ally?
How dumb is this guy anyway?

Qtec
07-30-2012, 01:13 AM
They are calling him 'Mitt the Twit".

Whether he was right or not is irrelevant. You don't insult your host, especially when you are trying to bond with them.

Q

Qtec
07-30-2012, 02:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> LOL, they all also talked me out of going into London and dealing with the mayhem that the Olympics has "caused". </div></div>

You sound like Mitt!

Get out there, take a chance.

Q

eg8r
07-30-2012, 06:57 AM
Agreed.

eg8r

eg8r
07-30-2012, 07:00 AM
Agreed. I just thought it was funny that I was totally immersed in that culture for about two months this year and no one really disagreed with him, they were just unhappy he actually said what he said. But what makes that so funny to me is that they complain about their complaining. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif With all the time I have spent over there, the temps never rose above 60 degrees F. All I heard was complaining that it was never sunny, rainy and cold (not really cold for them). Then last week the sun came out and the temps rose into the 70s for a couple of days and they were complaining about how stifling hot it was. I just cracked up.

eg8r

eg8r
07-30-2012, 07:06 AM
I sound like Mitt? That was what the people in Portsmouth were talling me. I thought it was funny because they were wording it like the Olympics was "causing" mayhem instead of looking at the huge boost to tourism and sales. Again they complain about everything. The reason we chose to not drive in on Friday afternoon was that we left work at 5 which is absolutely unheard of over there and the traffic was already starting to build on the M25. No reason to sit in traffic for 4 hours on a 80 minute drive.

I have already toured the Olympic village, toured all over London and surrounding areas so I decided to lay low this last trip. I have spent the equivalent of two months there and just wanted to hang out with some new friends and have a few drinks(Peroni becoming my new favorite and Pimms my least).

eg8r

Qtec
07-31-2012, 01:24 AM
Yep. The traffic in and around London is horrendous. Better to use public transport when you can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">(Peroni becoming my new favorite </div></div>

What, you don't drink beer?

Q

eg8r
07-31-2012, 04:21 AM
Not sure about your comment about beer. Peroni is beer and my new favorite. Public transportation is a mess also.

eg8r

hondo
07-31-2012, 07:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure about your comment about beer. Peroni is beer and my new favorite. Public transportation is a mess also.

eg8r </div></div>

I also like Peroni. Doesn't compare to fresh German beer but it exports well, I think.

eg8r
07-31-2012, 08:18 AM
When we were in Germany we had a pint every night for dinner. I am pretty indifferent with respect to German beer. For whatever reason, the Italian beers we had over in the UK were great. Peroni and Stella are the standouts.

eg8r