PDA

View Full Version : Final Thoughts on Pay-Per-View

Grady
10-05-2002, 09:45 AM
Every time an amateur sticks his or her nose into the pocket billiard industry in a “production” capacity, the results are predictable and at best inept and at worst disastrous. Witness the just held US Open, featuring a live Pay-Per-View finals:
1. The commentary was awful, with rambling dissertations on meaningless subjects. The American guys, Incardona and Sigel, are far too loaded with ego to properly discuss or narrate anything. Wych is talented, but wasn’t given a chance.
2. There are reasons why Accu-Stats uses 2 commentators instead of 3. All of the reasons for not using 3 showed up during the telecast.
3. Who thought up those ridiculous, inane questions for the interviews? I can safely surmise it wasn’t Accu-Stats.
4. Copying Barry Hearns, replete with a female ref attired exactly like in the UK, only this one couldn’t make a call, was unoriginal.
5. There is no excuse for televised slow matches. If I had been asked, I could easily have shown how to insure that the finals wouldn’t be a long match.
Some players are just slow and it, unfortunately, is necessary to provide for them. Although these two matches weren’t televised, here are two examples of horribly slow play:
a. In Philadelphia sometime in the 80’s, Hopkins and Varner were in the finals of a major 14.1 championship. The match ended at 4 am.
b. Buddy Hall and Larry Hubbart played in the 9 Ball finals in one of Sid Mann’s fine events in Austin, Texas. That finished at 4:30 am.
One of the redeeming qualities of the production was the expert camera work turned in by the Accu-Stats crew. The match itself should have been great but it was placed in a secondary role by the bad commentary and the ill-timed pre-match interviews, which made everything run late.
Next time, I suggest letting Accu-Stats take care of the production and hire somebody like Freddie Bentivegna, Danny Diliberto, or me, to demonstrate how to respectfully liven things up.
Of course there were some positives:
a. There weren’t any commercials.
b. The cost for fans was only $9.95.

Tom_In_Cincy
10-05-2002, 09:56 AM
I too, did not like the "copy cat" production of the US Open PPV. Accustats obviously had to be under an outside influence for this to happen. This opportunity (PPV Live event in POOL) should have been had more of a USA flavor not the European style.

As far as the commentators go.. we weren't watching the match to listen to commentators talk about themselves.. or what they would do in a particular shot.. which they blew most of the time.

We were watching Ralf and Alex and to have to change the game during the middle of the match because of poor time management by the production staff, is an outright shame.

10-05-2002, 11:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Grady:</font><hr> 1. The commentary was awful, with rambling dissertations on meaningless subjects. The American guys, Incardona and Sigel, are far too loaded with ego to properly discuss or narrate anything. Wych is talented, but wasn&amp;#8217;t given a chance.
<hr></blockquote>

It would be hard to disagree with the above statement. I was disappointed with Incardona and Sigel as commentators. Terry

Troy
10-05-2002, 11:36 AM
Having Incardona saying anything is enough to keep me away.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Grady:</font><hr> Every time an amateur sticks his or her nose into the pocket billiard industry in a ?production? capacity, the results are predictable and at best inept and at worst disastrous. Witness the just held US Open, featuring a live Pay-Per-View finals:
1. The commentary was awful, with rambling dissertations on meaningless subjects. The American guys, Incardona and Sigel, are far too loaded with ego to properly discuss or narrate anything. Wych is talented, but wasn?t given a chance.
2. There are reasons why Accu-Stats uses 2 commentators instead of 3. All of the reasons for not using 3 showed up during the telecast.
3. Who thought up those ridiculous, inane questions for the interviews? I can safely surmise it wasn?t Accu-Stats.
4. Copying Barry Hearns, replete with a female ref attired exactly like in the UK, only this one couldn?t make a call, was unoriginal.
5. There is no excuse for televised slow matches. If I had been asked, I could easily have shown how to insure that the finals wouldn?t be a long match.
Some players are just slow and it, unfortunately, is necessary to provide for them. Although these two matches weren?t televised, here are two examples of horribly slow play:
a. In Philadelphia sometime in the 80?s, Hopkins and Varner were in the finals of a major 14.1 championship. The match ended at 4 am.
b. Buddy Hall and Larry Hubbart played in the 9 Ball finals in one of Sid Mann?s fine events in Austin, Texas. That finished at 4:30 am.
One of the redeeming qualities of the production was the expert camera work turned in by the Accu-Stats crew. The match itself should have been great but it was placed in a secondary role by the bad commentary and the ill-timed pre-match interviews, which made everything run late.
Next time, I suggest letting Accu-Stats take care of the production and hire somebody like Freddie Bentivegna, Danny Diliberto, or me, to demonstrate how to respectfully liven things up.
a. There weren?t any commercials.
<hr></blockquote>

10-05-2002, 12:25 PM
Your description of the commentary with the Brit and the Americans reminds me of the dog judging scene from Guest's hilarious "Best in Show." I didn't see the PPV production, but now I'm glad I saved my money and put it towards some Talisman tips (plug).

Anyway, next time I feel they should look up Fred Willard (no, the other Willard) and use him for the commentary. At least it would be a lot funnier.

Frankly, Grady, I'm with you. Hang in there.

Best regards,
Bob

10-05-2002, 12:48 PM
One of the reasons I asked Kato to buy the seats where he did is so I could listen to the booth. I own a fair share of Accu-stats videos and one of the things I look for is WHO is commentating. I thought my friend Danny D. was gonna be there to handle some booth time, he is always good for a story or two and knows whats up on the table. Without this appearing to look like a suck-fest...I really do enjoy Grady and Billy in the booth. They provide two TOTALLY different perspectives to each shot....but IMO with Grady, Billy doesnt do it for me. Sigel never did it for me but thats another story. Wych, he was brought in for international appeal...totally understandable. I gotta say...without old Grady in the booth, it wasnt much to listen too.

The match length...what was wrong with a standard 45 second shot clock with one extension per game from jump street? The actually thought that Souqet was gonna play to TV speed? The camara crew was awesome, not missing a beat. The rack girl, ring girls and Scott wandering around arent factors so no bad words from me on that. Overall it appeared to go off well with the exception of the booth...

10-05-2002, 01:57 PM
Sigel is always an A_SS!!!

Remember the Fong Pang Choe VS Bustamante Challenge of Champions where Chao won?

Sigel said to Chao, "do you understand $50,000?" like Chao doesn't understand English. What an a_ss!

10-05-2002, 02:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Grady:</font><hr> Every time an amateur sticks his or her nose into the pocket billiard industry in a &amp;#8220;production&amp;#8221; capacity, the results are predictable and at best inept and at worst disastrous. Witness the just held US Open, featuring a live Pay-Per-View finals:
1. The commentary was awful, with rambling dissertations on meaningless subjects. The American guys, Incardona and Sigel, are far too loaded with ego to properly discuss or narrate anything. Wych is talented, but wasn&amp;#8217;t given a chance.
3. Who thought up those ridiculous, inane questions for the interviews? I can safely surmise it wasn&amp;#8217;t Accu-Stats.
4. Copying Barry Hearns, replete with a female ref attired exactly like in the UK, only this one couldn&amp;#8217;t make a call, was unoriginal.
5. There is no excuse for televised slow matches. If I had been asked, I could easily have shown how to insure that the finals wouldn&amp;#8217;t be a long match.
Some players are just slow and it, unfortunately, is necessary to provide for them. Although these two matches weren&amp;#8217;t televised, here are two examples of horribly slow play:
a. In Philadelphia sometime in the 80&amp;#8217;s, Hopkins and Varner were in the finals of a major 14.1 championship. The match ended at 4 am.
b. Buddy Hall and Larry Hubbart played in the 9 Ball finals in one of Sid Mann&amp;#8217;s fine events in Austin, Texas. That finished at 4:30 am.
a. There weren&amp;#8217;t any commercials.
<hr></blockquote>

I think it was Houston Dan who called the production amateurish.He was right-minimum cameras with poor sound

The commentary was anything but professional.The canadian (not a brit) Wyche ,I thought did a great job.The only thing wrong with Wyche was that he didn't say enough.Did anyone else notice how many times 'you know' was said,probably in the hundred range.Wyche said it maybe twice but Sigel and Incardona said it every other sentence along side of 'I mean' - sins of public speaking.They spoke of themseves too much as well (MS and BI)

The Incardona interview was not that bad.Actually Alex came off well imo which helped Billy.Sigel interviewing Ralf,forget about it.It will never happen again,just plain bad.

Poor time management-three hours was ample time,what happened?Someone had mentioned that the interviews should have been viewed during a break.Good idea

The play was very good the first dozen games or so.They struggled for a while then got themselves back in gear towards the end.It was good pool,well played.

Hopefully we will have worked the bugs out if we get the opportunity again.Ten bucks was a genuine bargain.

Can't wait for round two.BS

10-05-2002, 04:56 PM
Grady, Grady, Grady! Always working the angles. Constantly nothing but out-and-out self-serving.

The minute Accu-Stats had no more use of you, the knives came out. But the decade and a half prior to that, they were the greatest. From your mouth to God's ears!

Character assassinations and personal putdowns are your stock in trade. Seems like in your six decades on God's green earth you had learned no better. Whininess and embittered droppings from vintage crybabies never get one anywhere in life - except in tragic comedies which your ilk symbolizes.

Ah, but again we keep forgetting: this is not real life, this is pool - where talking the talk and being the last one still flapping is 90% of the battle. Being an utter loser otherwise in society's eyes is certainly no hindrance to a high standing in the "green felt" subculture.

Just witness Grady, Fran, et al. having the highest internet profiles being pool celebrities; or the redoubtable Dennis Hatch or Rodney Morris. In any other sporting cultures or walks of life they would be laughed out the door and unceremoniously censored, even lifetime-banned by their governing bodies.

But hey, who are we kidding? This is pool!

And no one is ever too out-of-line or beastly enough to be shunned.

Normal rules of behavior and decency just don't apply.

And to the sycophants and peons who fall on both knees everytime a GM or FC start handing down sermons from the mount and who would defend their atrocious internet behaviors regardless of circumstances: YOU are the reason pool will forever languish in the bottom rungs of life in most every sane person's eyes.

Yes, we know you don't much care about that. After all, you have EACH OTHER.

And truth be told, just like a community of child molesters and rapists in the prison hierarchy, you are still better off then being in the hands of a lynch mob!

Fighting Mad Russ in Boston

Tom_In_Cincy
10-05-2002, 05:29 PM
Why on earth would anyone waste so much time and effort on something he obviously HATES.. misdirected energy I guess. blowing off hot air..

It's sad that this person "Fighting Mad Russ in Boston" would waste his time and energy telling us feelings we really don't care about.

Boston can have you Russ.. we sure don't need you babble here..

10-05-2002, 05:53 PM
To me, Russ made some good points. And he said things that no one else dare to say. And i had to look up what a sycofant is, lol. And Tom you obviously are one of them. The fact that Grady only choose to defile others's pool boards but not his own site does not stand him in my good books. It is cowardly come to think of it. You all should really jump on the hatefulness, the negative vibes that Grady constanly bring, not this other guy. CM

10-05-2002, 05:56 PM
I mean sycophant, not sycofant. CM

Tom_In_Cincy
10-05-2002, 06:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>To me, Russ made some good points.<hr></blockquote>

I fail to see any good points.. from that post.. only more insults and opinions from a mad person

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>And he said things that no one else dare to say.<hr></blockquote>
the mad man from boston said nothing original.. if you were a consistant lurker and not new to the board.. you would know this.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>And i had to look up what a sycofant is, lol. And Tom you obviously are one of them.<hr></blockquote>

Your opinion.. and good luck trying to become respected around here..
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr> The fact that Grady only choose to defile others's pool boards but not his own site does not stand him in my good books. It is cowardly come to think of it.<hr></blockquote>

Your opinion, again.. who cares about your opinion..

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr> You all should really jump on the hatefulness, the negative vibes that Grady constanly bring, not this other guy.<hr></blockquote>

Grady signs his name and takes full responsibility for his comments..

You on the otherhand.. are hiding behind "anonymous" and say we should Bash Grady.. who are you that you think I or anyother CCBer should follow your suggestion? Just another blow hard with nothing to add, register, make yourself known and we will listen and read..

CM for all I know it stands for Crazy Man

10-05-2002, 10:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Why on earth would anyone waste so much time and effort on something he obviously HATES.. misdirected energy I guess. blowing off hot air..

It's sad that this person "Fighting Mad Russ in Boston" would waste his time and energy telling us feelings we really don't care about.

Boston can have you Russ.. we sure don't need you babble here..

<hr></blockquote>

Why in the world do you say 'WE' as if you're speaking for the board as one,Tom.

'We sure don't need your babble here' ... 'We really don't care about' ...

Why don't YOU get a friggin' life and let others speak their respective opinions without some non-player pretending to be a spokesman for the ccb.

Impressed with your self absorbing goal and your 'babble' for top poster on this board,I'm obviously not.

Get out of the house occasionally and get a real hobby.You may not be aware that actually playing real pool and becoming proficient at it can be as self serving as pretending and talking to be the player that you obviously are not.

Sorry ... I call 'em as I see 'em.BS

Tom_In_Cincy
10-05-2002, 10:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Sorry ... I call 'em as I see 'em.BS <hr></blockquote>

Keep em coming little grasshopper.. one day you will be something.. maybe

Why waste your time.. here.. ? and then say you're sorry?

rackmup
10-05-2002, 10:26 PM
...For Grady to post something positive on the CCB, stop bashing the company that didn't employ him and for CCB'ers to speak for themselves and not the entire board and mostly, for this thread to die.

Grady: you're not getting the job so let it go. For you to badmouth a company that you used to praise oh so highly speaks of hypocritical unprofessionalism.

Tom_In_Cincy: Your opinions are appreciated and certainly welcomed but remember, they are your opinions and not the opinions of of all posters. Anonymous or named, that has to be respected.

As Grady has as much right to post his feelings here, so do those posters that disagree with him.

Respectfully,

Ken (just my opinionated opinion on Grady's opinion and Tom's opinion of an anonymous opinion.)

rackmup
10-05-2002, 10:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr>did not like the "copy cat" production <hr></blockquote>

I think the copy-cat version of the female ref was much better looking than the original.

Regards,

Ken (my $.02 worth devalued to $.01)

10-05-2002, 10:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt;Sorry ... I call 'em as I see 'em.BS &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

Keep em coming little grasshopper.. one day you will be something.. maybe

Why waste your time.. here.. ? and then say you're sorry?

<hr></blockquote>

Big grasshopper,

I don't feel that I'm wasting my time and I'm trying to be polite?BS

Warren_Lushia
10-05-2002, 11:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt;did not like the "copy cat" production &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

I think the copy-cat version of the female ref was much better looking than the original.

Regards,

Ken (my $.02 worth devalued to $.01) <hr></blockquote>

i'm not familiar with the background of the us open female ref (was she a ref or just racked the balls?) anyone who knows can fill in the missing info.

but michaela tabb is a reknowned referee (which has nothing to do with the way she looks) for 9-ball, english 8 ball, and snooker. here is a pic:

http://www.smartsnooker.com/pages/michaelatabb.jpg

she is also a professional player herself, and is married to a professional player (ross "the flying scotsman" mcinnes). her and ross also promote the game. she is good for the game, and deserves all the accolades she receives. and she is a sweetheart to boot. if the us open will be offered again on ppv next year i hope barry skips the "copy cat" and just invites michaela herself. i don't see a reason not to.

warren..

Tom_In_Cincy
10-05-2002, 11:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>
Why don't YOU get a friggin' life and let others speak their respective opinions without some non-player pretending to be a spokesman for the ccb.

Impressed with your self absorbing goal and your 'babble' for top poster on this board,I'm obviously not.

Get out of the house occasionally and get a real hobby.You may not be aware that actually playing real pool and becoming proficient at it can be as self serving as pretending and talking to be the player that you obviously are not. <hr></blockquote>

If this is your idea of being polite.. I want no part of it..

This is my last reply to you.. any futher post by you about me is nothing more than wasted time.

Tom_In_Cincy
10-05-2002, 11:30 PM
Ken,

I know you mean well, but I am not going to be told to respect anyone.. they have to earn it first..

Just because they can type and get on the internet.. doesn't mean I have to respect them at all or their opinions.

rackmup
10-06-2002, 07:34 AM
Tom,

Read it again. I stated that you should respect the opinions of others (they have the same right to an opinion as you do). As for respecting the actual person, well, that's certainly up to you.

Regards,

Ken

10-06-2002, 08:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> Grady, Grady, Grady! Always working the angles. Constantly nothing but out-and-out self-serving.

The minute Accu-Stats had no more use of you, the knives came out. But the decade and a half prior to that, they were the greatest. From your mouth to God's ears!

Character assassinations and personal putdowns are your stock in trade. Seems like in your six decades on God's green earth you had learned no better. Whininess and embittered droppings from vintage crybabies never get one anywhere in life - except in tragic comedies which your ilk symbolizes.

Ah, but again we keep forgetting: this is not real life, this is pool - where talking the talk and being the last one still flapping is 90% of the battle. Being an utter loser otherwise in society's eyes is certainly no hindrance to a high standing in the "green felt" subculture.

Just witness Grady, Fran, et al. having the highest internet profiles being pool celebrities; or the redoubtable Dennis Hatch or Rodney Morris. In any other sporting cultures or walks of life they would be laughed out the door and unceremoniously censored, even lifetime-banned by their governing bodies.

But hey, who are we kidding? This is pool!

And no one is ever too out-of-line or beastly enough to be shunned.

Normal rules of behavior and decency just don't apply.

And to the sycophants and peons who fall on both knees everytime a GM or FC start handing down sermons from the mount and who would defend their atrocious internet behaviors regardless of circumstances: YOU are the reason pool will forever languish in the bottom rungs of life in most every sane person's eyes.

Yes, we know you don't much care about that. After all, you have EACH OTHER.

And truth be told, just like a community of child molesters and rapists in the prison hierarchy, you are still better off then being in the hands of a lynch mob!

Fighting Mad Russ in Boston
<hr></blockquote>

I disagree.. though I wish I didn't have to do it anonymously, I can't get the login thing to work.

anyhow, I think Grady is a great player, and his commentary is quite a bit better than alot of the ego-ridden and sometimes stupid sounding people they have doing commentary. I have 3 tapes of Grady doing commentary, and each of them I learned something from. The good thing about Gradys' commentary is that he tries to stay within the match that is being played, and doesn't go on a tangent about a trip to hawaii with his wife.

I think Grady deserves better than what he's getting, if in fact, what he says is true about accu-stats and their inability to find him a commentary job. The man has been playing for longer than I've been alive, and has seen more than most of us here on this board I'm sure, so with all due respect, STFU.

10-06-2002, 09:29 AM
You have a distorted view on life. Always angry, always critical. Everyone is an idiot and no one is good enough for you. There's a saying about how people generally project on to others the way they feel about themselves. Man, you must really hate yourself. You're one of the biggest idiots who ever posted here.

Tom_In_Cincy
10-06-2002, 10:28 AM
Ken,
I'm not sure what you are trying to say here.. maybe you ought to stick with your comedy.. and keep your comments about me to yourself

I respect only the 'right' to have an opinion.. and that is it.

10-06-2002, 10:37 AM
I couldn't agree more! This BS character needs to get a wake-up call and a real life. It's funny when people come on here and think they're smarter than everyone else. Hey BS! Wake up! You're not smarter than everyone else. You're just meaner.

rackmup
10-06-2002, 04:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr>Tom_In_Cincy: Your opinions are appreciated and certainly welcomed but remember, they are your opinions and not the opinions of of all posters. Anonymous or named, that has to be respected. <hr></blockquote>

Man...you have been really testy lately.

Find one comment I have made about you or where I said you "have to respect everyone" in the above listed quote and I'll buy you dinner. BTW...pointing out everyone's right to form their own opinion about Grady and his situation and failing to subscribe to yours, isn't a comment about you.

Relax Son...things will get better and you can go back to being friendly again.

Regards,

Ken (wants to play Tom some nineball...that'll make him smile/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif)

10-06-2002, 07:16 PM
"And truth be told, just like a community of child molesters and rapists in the prison hierarchy, you are still better
off then being in the hands of a lynch mob!

Fighting Mad Russ in Boston "
================================================== ========

That's a bit strong dontcha think old chap?

Keep repeating:

"It's just a game"

"It's just a game"

"It's just a game"

HTH,

Wally in da natty

Tom_In_Cincy
10-06-2002, 09:03 PM
Dr. Ken,

Perscribes relaxation and pool.. preferably 9 ball..

Thanks for understanding

rackmup
10-07-2002, 05:37 AM
No problem. Play a weeks worth of 9-ball, take two doses of one-pocket and call my receptionist for a follow-up appointment.

If the situation flares up before that, simply apply some cream.

Regards,

Ken (not a real Doctor but I did sleep at a poolroom last night)

bluewolf
10-07-2002, 06:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> To me, Russ made some good points. And he said things that no one else dare to say. And i had to look up what a sycofant is, lol. And Tom you obviously are one of them. The fact that Grady only choose to defile others's pool boards but not his own site does not stand him in my good books. It is cowardly come to think of it. You all should really jump on the hatefulness, the negative vibes that Grady constanly bring, not this other guy. CM <hr></blockquote>

you kind of have to read between the lines of anger to get to those points, though. celebreties like grady and fran get judged by a different stick than the rest of us.it is one of the penalties for being famous.it like they arent allowed to be human, with their good points and human frailties. is it fair? of course not.but it is a reality of life that when someone is famous they get criticized for everything they do.and they are constantly under a magnifying glass.

bw

bluewolf
10-07-2002, 06:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> I couldn't agree more! This BS character needs to get a wake-up call and a real life. It's funny when people come on here and think they're smarter than everyone else. Hey BS! Wake up! You're not smarter than everyone else. You're just meaner. <hr></blockquote>

i have seen bs quote good stuff here.he is not all bad and not all good,just like the rest of us.

at least he signs his initials so we know who we are responding to.

bw

10-07-2002, 08:24 AM
"at least he signs his initials so we know who we are responding to."

You get dumber every day.BS

10-07-2002, 10:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

or the redoubtable Dennis Hatch or Rodney Morris. In any other sporting cultures or walks of life they would be laughed out the door and unceremoniously censored, even lifetime-banned by their governing bodies.

<hr></blockquote>

If this had been a mainstream sport, these two might not have been in as much trouble as they are/were. On the drugs issue, look at Michael Irvin, Darrel Strawberry, Chris Webber, and the list goes on! Jason Kidd beats his wife and his "punishment" is being sent to New Jersey (although, this could be considered punishment) where he is now on a contending team, and the general concensus is that Phoenix made a huge mistake in letting him go! O.J. Simpson ... I don't think I have to even bother explaining that one! It isn't that athletes in mainstream sports do no wrong, it is that we, as a society, ignore anything that they do, in fact, do wrong! If they do something wrong that is too big to be swept under the carpet, then we slap them on the wrists and say, "bad! don't do that again!"

10-07-2002, 10:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Impressed with your self absorbing goal and your 'babble' for top poster on this board, I'm obviously not.

<hr></blockquote>

IT'S YODA!!!

Kato
10-07-2002, 10:51 AM
Quite simply put, athletes in mainstream sports have what professional pool players do not............MONEY. They can afford the best defense money can buy. How much did Dennis Hatch get busted trying to steal? $1800 or something? Chris Webber spends that on lunch.

Kato

rackmup
10-07-2002, 10:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Jason Kidd beats his wife and his "punishment" is being sent to New Jersey (although, this could be considered punishment) where he is now on a contending team, and the general concensus is that Phoenix made a huge mistake in letting him go! <hr></blockquote>

This may be the consensus of some of the fan base in Phoenix (of which, there is no greater supporter of the Phoenix Suns, who I have followed since childhood as a native Arizonan) but thank God Jerry Colangelo has zero tolerance for this type of activity.

If other team owners would adopt his same standards for conduct, the sporting world would be a much better place and we could revert to being proud that our children might idolize a sports "star".

Regards,

Ken

10-07-2002, 11:12 AM
My post was in response to something along the lines of "if athletes in other sports acted like this, they would be banished" (paraphrased), which simply isn't true, regardless of the reasons.

10-07-2002, 11:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bluewolf:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Anonymous:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; I couldn't agree more! This BS character needs to get a wake-up call and a real life. It's funny when people come on here and think they're smarter than everyone else. Hey BS! Wake up! You're not smarter than everyone else. You're just meaner. &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

i have seen bs quote good stuff here.he is not all bad and not all good,just like the rest of us.

at least he signs his initials so we know who we are responding to.

bw <hr></blockquote>

Well, I think I've had it.

When I first started posting here several years ago I truely tried to engage in practical and serious conversations regarding the game that I thought we all loved.Sadly,even though a highly skilled player along with my daily routines engrossed in the billiard trade,I was shunned,trashed,spoken down to,and ridiculed constantly.And I mean constantly.

Why?

I guess because I speak what I believe to be true and essential along with this non-registered nonsense.There are a handful of registered posters who constantly want this 'pound your chest' Tarzan bravado or 'it's my way or the highway' syndrome to be heeded and I guess if you're unknowing it may succeed.

So as time passed and I realized that I wasn't going to be taken seriously in any sort of serious manner(without registering and no matter how good the info I provided),I mistakenly started to flame. Sorry, I just couldn't sit back and let these posters sell themselves as they posed to portray.It was obvious to me anyway that some went off the deep end and were striving for a recognition that seemed either to stroke their twisted egos or outright trying to get into some's pockets.

Anyway, when a particular feeble and inept anonymous person decided to post my 'name' to Laura's post,I realized that I had either to register and/or make all aware that BS(as far as the actual BS would not be coming for dinner any time soon) is history. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Take care ... and please understand that you can't believe everything you hear or in this case read.

Your defender is out like a burnt bulb.

Later,BS

10-08-2002, 11:35 AM
Buh-Bye, Yoda. I loved your movies, and look forward to Episode III!

10-15-2002, 11:36 AM
"celebreties like grady and fran get judged by a different stick than the rest of us.it is one of the penalties for being famous.it like they arent allowed to be human, with their good points and human frailties. is it fair? ..."

if u had been here longer or been more attentive u would have seen the real fran or grady. they get away with much more then u and i would on this forum. if u had been one tenth as slanderous or egotistical u would have your head taken off long ago. the slack that the users here cut them make them bolder. they would have been cut down at az, rsb, or asp long ago.

10-15-2002, 12:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> "celebreties like grady and fran get judged by a different stick than the rest of us.it is one of the penalties for being famous.it like they arent allowed to be human, with their good points and human frailties. is it fair? ..."

if u had been here longer or been more attentive u would have seen the real fran or grady. they get away with much more then u and i would on this forum. if u had been one tenth as slanderous or egotistical u would have your head taken off long ago. the slack that the users here cut them make them bolder. they would have been cut down at az, rsb, or asp long ago. <hr></blockquote>

What is rsb and asp?

10-15-2002, 05:16 PM
rec.sport.billiard and alt.sport.pool

You can access them via Google newsreader.

10-15-2002, 07:26 PM
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To me, Russ made some good points.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I fail to see any good points.. from that post.. only more insults and opinions from a mad person

Quote:
And he said things that no one else dare to say.

the mad man from boston said nothing original.. if you were a consistant lurker and not new to the board.. you would know this.

Quote:
And i had to look up what a sycofant is, lol. And Tom you obviously are one of them.

Your opinion.. and good luck trying to become respected around here..

Quote:
The fact that Grady only choose to defile others's pool boards but not his own site does not stand him in my good books. It is cowardly come to think of it.

Your opinion, again.. who cares about your opinion..

Quote:
You all should really jump on the hatefulness, the negative vibes that Grady constanly bring, not this other guy.

Grady signs his name and takes full responsibility for his comments..

You on the otherhand.. are hiding behind "anonymous" and say we should Bash Grady.. who are you that you think I or anyother CCBer should follow your suggestion? Just another blow hard with nothing to add, register, make yourself known and we will listen and read..

CM for all I know it stands for Crazy Man

Tom Lopez is a balding, four-eyed lout with a sizable paunch who plays out of Snooker S in Cincinnati. This formerly mild-mannered mental lightweight has managed to say pretty much sweet nothing with his 1,600 posts in seven months until now. Someone here has obviously hit his button and he is now lashing out and flailing in all directions like a drunken sailor with his shore pass revoked.

What did they say about "hell hath no fury..."?

I will not reiterate other's keen sizing up of this mental midget's dimwittedness and tyrannical, undemocratic bent. But to have the nerve to sign his posts with the American Flag is indeed a cruel mockery of the whole concept of "First Amendment Rights".

I guess if the anonymous poster(s) agree with Tommy Redneck's point of view things are just fine. Otherwise any insult and below the belt characterization is fair game. No wonder Grady is such a hero to our sorry little Tommy. And the pain, anguish, and vitriol that result when his Superman
sustains a mortal blow.

Get over it, you sorry little man! You deciding whom to dish out respect is like Tim McVeigh thinking he can change US government policy. But I see that delusion of grandeur is common amongst your heroes as well.

Your feeble attempt in starting a "tyranny of the majority"
having been rightfully rebuked, may I suggest you revert back to your former "Clark Kent" bland identity. And say absolutely nothing memorable in your next 1,600 posts!

Tom_In_Cincy
10-15-2002, 07:52 PM
What.. no opinions about my game?

10-15-2002, 08:01 PM
http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&amp;lr=&amp;ie=UTF-8&amp;group=rec.sport.billiard

10-16-2002, 02:27 AM
Tom Lopez is a balding, four-eyed lout with a sizable paunch who plays out of Snooker S in Cincinnati. This formerly mild-mannered mental lightweight has managed to say pretty much sweet nothing with his 1,600 posts in seven months until now. Someone here has obviously hit his button and he is now lashing out and flailing in all directions like a drunken sailor with his shore pass revoked.

What did they say about "hell hath no fury..."?

I will not reiterate other's keen sizing up of this mental midget's dimwittedness and tyrannical, undemocratic bent. But to have the nerve to sign his posts with the American Flag is indeed a cruel mockery of the whole concept of "First Amendment Rights".

I guess if the anonymous poster(s) agree with Tommy Redneck's point of view things are just fine. Otherwise any insult and below the belt characterization is fair game. No wonder Grady is such a hero to our sorry little Tommy. And the pain, anguish, and vitriol that result when his Superman
sustains a mortal blow.

Get over it, you sorry little man! You deciding whom to dish out respect is like Tim McVeigh thinking he can change US government policy. But I see that delusion of grandeur is common amongst your heroes as well.

Your feeble attempt in starting a "tyranny of the majority"
having been rightfully rebuked, may I suggest you revert back to your former "Clark Kent" bland identity. And say absolutely nothing memorable in your next 1,600 posts!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> What.. no opinions about my game?
<hr></blockquote>

So that there is absolutely no confusion,that was another one of your many fans Tom.

You are just SO popular /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

And Tom, please don't ask for opinions of your game,it may not Be the anSwer that you're lookin' for.

Wally_in_Cincy
10-16-2002, 06:47 AM
Dude, you're asking for a freakin' heart attack aren't you?

You really shouldn't have slept thru those anger-management classes.

As I suggested before, keep repeating:

"It's just a game"

"It's just a game"............

Fred Agnir
10-16-2002, 07:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr>
Tom Lopez is a balding, four-eyed lout with a sizable paunch who plays out of Snooker S in Cincinnati. <hr></blockquote>

I guess this is like Jeopardy, but who in the hell is Tom Lopez?

Fred &lt;~~~ thought he knew Tom in Cincy's name.

Wally_in_Cincy
10-16-2002, 07:22 AM
lout1 Pronunciation Key (lout)
n.
An awkward and stupid person; an oaf. See Synonyms at boor
---------------------------------------------------------

Nope, doesn't fit..

Wally~~wondering who "Tom Lopez" is

Kato
10-16-2002, 08:09 AM
I guess we're both wrong Fred. I wonder if Tom knows Tom Lopez, if he lives in Cincy and plays at Snookers then Tom Cincy knows him. Tom, how do you and Mr. Lopez match up at 1 hole?

Kato

rackmup
10-16-2002, 02:44 PM
Emcee:
"Contestant number one. What is your name please?"

Contestant #1:
"My name is Tom Lopez."

Emcee:
"Contestant number two. What is your name please?"

Contestant #2:
"My name is Tom Lopez."

Emcee:
"And contestant number three. What is your name please?"

Contestant #3:
"My name is Tom Lopez."

Regards,

Ken (the real Tom Lopez)

10-17-2002, 02:19 AM
This is such horrible, horrible anger that it's frightening. The really sad thing is that this person is probably proud of the way they worded this. Absolutely sad and pathetic.