PDA

View Full Version : It's great to be a filthy capitalist pig!

LWW
07-29-2012, 01:40 PM
About six months back I heard rumors of a 1986 Maserati Quattroporte sitting under a tarp in Troy, Ohio that hadn't moved in over 10 years.

I found the location and went to the owner's front door and asked if it was for sale.

The wife said yes, she had wanted rid of it for years. The husband said maybe, but acted as if it were new in his thinking.

Upon inspection it was silver, but very straight and well preserved inside other than the leather showed early stages of drying out.

All four tires were flat, and of course it wouldn't start.

The owner assured me that a new battery and some air in the tires and it would drive like new. I said I would come back in a week, and if it ran as well as he said ... which I knew was impossible ... I would make an offer.

Well, even with air all four tires had flat spotted ...and the car wouldn't go over 30 MPH it wheezed nd coughed so bad. While driving it I also found in the console papers where it had failed an e-check in the nineties, probably why it was parked ... and the front end steering was awfully sloppy.

I went back and offerered $1,000 cash ...and the guy insisted it was worth $10,000 all day long. I passed and left my number in case he woke up.

A couple weeks later the wife called and asked if I would pay any more because she really wanted it gone and admitted that even when it had ran well the front end made it feel dangerous at speed.

I told her I was still interested, but not at anything close to $10K.

She asked if I would come and make a higher offer when he was home, so we set a time. I looked it over and placed twelve Franklins on the table ... he said two thousand was his lowest price. I laid three hundred more on the table and said I was all in. He said no, I looked at her, she looked at him, and he looked at me and said OK.

I have known two people that owned one of these and they are actually pretty good cars with a lt of US and common Euro parts ... other than the engine.

I bought it so that if the worst happened I could transplant a US V8 to the US transmission and have a cool street cruiser.

Well ... a set of plugs and wires, cleaning of the intake manifold, a new air filter , flush and fill of the teansmission and cooling and a turnpike tune up and the drivetrain works with amazing smoothness.

Next I replaced the upper/lower ball joints on both sides and some 235/70/15 rubber and the car drives really well. A new set f shocks would make it quite like new ... but I bought this to sell if it didn't need an engine.

Next I scrubbed the carpets and cleaned up the leather, did a clay bar cleaning of the paint and then used the buffer for a couple hours and followed up with two coats of wax ... follwed up with an under the hood detailing.

Last step was a new generic catalyst ... and being finally abe to fully breath, the car was alive.

Showing 71K on the odometer when I bought it, I drove it till it turned 74K and put it up for sale ... with it driving and looking like a 25k mie car, other than the wheels which I cleaned up but didn't psy to have refinished.

I invested right at $2,000 in parts, plus the original $1,500 plus another $500 in tax, tags and insurance plus about 40 to 50 hours time.

$4k invested ... $7.5k when I sold it to the first person that came to see it.. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Soflasnapper
07-29-2012, 03:00 PM
I love happy endings. Congrats on your coup(e?) LOL!

Any pictures of this, before and after, etc.?

But I'll observe that as a business model (FLIP THIS CAR!!!), it's a little lacking in oomph.

$3.5k in profit (assuming no cost/payment for your extensive time, so, actually less, all things considered) per car would require a 15-fold annual undertaking from what you did to add up to the median household income. More than 15 x, actually, but who's counting??!?!

So a hobby that pays for itself? Yes (or that breaks even, considering the uncompensated time factor). A business? Not unless it is scalable.

eg8r
07-29-2012, 03:14 PM
Sounds like a lot of work for a couple thousand profit but if you love doing it then it never seems like work.

eg8r

cushioncrawler
07-29-2012, 04:02 PM
I woz talking to a mate of a mate here in ozz that makes over $100k per year importing yanktanks and re-selling. Duzzen pay no tax. Haz about 5 sheds on hiz farm and eech iz full of yanktanks.

U kood do that in theusofa, and u would go even better than mate koz u wouldnt havta ship them yanktanks in containers, they are allready there.
mac.

Which reminds me -- i got my table off a guy that needed the money koz he hadta ship an az new 1953 Cadillac from the states.

hondo
07-29-2012, 10:34 PM
I read this exact same story word for word on another site. I swear. What does this tell you?

LWW
07-30-2012, 02:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love happy endings. Congrats on your coup(e?) LOL!

Any pictures of this, before and after, etc.?

But I'll observe that as a business model (FLIP THIS CAR!!!), it's a little lacking in oomph.

$3.5k in profit (assuming no cost/payment for your extensive time, so, actually less, all things considered) per car would require a 15-fold annual undertaking from what you did to add up to the median household income. More than 15 x, actually, but who's counting??!?!

So a hobby that pays for itself? Yes (or that breaks even, considering the uncompensated time factor). A business? Not unless it is scalable.

The profit works out to about $70 per hour, and can be done at my leisure.

Our cost structure at home is minimal, and after nearly 30 years of 70 hors per week I pursue multiple hobbies as income streams to pay for my multiple hobbies /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif .

</div></div>

It's easily scalable ... except the state prohibits me from doing more than 5 per year, unless I invest around $500K.

LWW
07-30-2012, 02:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I read this exact same story word for word on another site. I swear. What does this tell you? </div></div>

That you still read AZB ... and so obsessed with everything LWW that you compared them side by side on screen.

Wotta loozer.

LWW
07-30-2012, 02:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like a lot of work for a couple thousand profit but if you love doing it then it never seems like work.

eg8r </div></div>

You also forgot the benefit of driving around in a Maserati for a coupe months.

eg8r
07-30-2012, 06:47 AM
Does sound like a nice perk. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
07-30-2012, 06:49 AM
Sounds like you are a good for nothing hack that won't shut up and cannot figure out a way to not drag down a decent thread that has nothing to do with your pathetic life?

eg8r

hondo
07-30-2012, 06:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I read this exact same story word for word on another site. I swear. What does this tell you? </div></div>

That you still read AZB ... and so obsessed with everything LWW that you compared them side by side on screen.

Wotta loozer. </div></div>

When God was passing out a sense of humor you must have thought he said tumor. What an anal retentive ass you are!
I did this to see how you would respond. You failed miseably again. Boo!

hondo
07-30-2012, 07:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like you are a good for nothing hack that won't shut up and cannot figure out a way to not drag down a decent thread that has nothing to do with your pathetic life?

eg8r </div></div>

LOL! See my response to larry. It applies equally to you.
Plus, Sev put me up to it. Right, Sev?

eg8r
07-30-2012, 07:08 AM
So you agree I am correct. Thanks.

eg8r

eg8r
07-30-2012, 07:09 AM
What is the point in antagonizing an argument? You often complain about how bad it is here but all you have done is instigate it over and over?

eg8r

hondo
07-30-2012, 07:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So you agree I am correct. Thanks.

eg8r </div></div>

Dear eg, if that's the way you chose to read my response, it says a lot about you. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

hondo
07-30-2012, 07:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the point in antagonizing an argument? You often complain about how bad it is here but all you have done is instigate it over and over?

eg8r </div></div>

Sev posted on AZ wondering how Gayle and Hondo would react to that post. So I thought I would have some fun with it.
I've noticed that most right winger are so anal retentive that the only humor they seem to enjoy are vicious attacks on Obama.
larry wilson was smart enough to realize that I was simply talking about his post on AZ but he's too uptight to react with anything but indignation.
Says a lot about him. At least you didn't know the whole story.

LWW
07-30-2012, 09:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So you agree I am correct. Thanks.

eg8r </div></div>

Tritto.

LWW
07-30-2012, 09:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the point in antagonizing an argument?

eg8r </div></div>

Picking up points with the cabal?

LWW
07-30-2012, 09:17 AM
Actually ... he wasn't wondering at all, it was more accurately a prediction that you woud do what you did.

Even Fats had the couth not to troll this ... but, you couldn't help yoursef.

LWW
07-30-2012, 09:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does sound like a nice perk. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r </div></div>

I'm on the prowl for anoter 928 to massage over the winter and sell in the spring.

llotter
07-30-2012, 11:58 AM
Ya know, LWW, the filth will wash off with a good bath but, unfortunately, once a pig, always a pig.

hondo
07-30-2012, 02:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually ... he wasn't wondering at all, it was more accurately a prediction that you woud do what you did.

Even Fats had the couth not to troll this ... but, you couldn't help yoursef.
</div></div>

Poor larry. I thought it was funny. Sorry you didn't.

hondo
07-30-2012, 02:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ya know, LWW, the filth will wash off with a good bath but, unfortunately, once a pig, always a pig. </div></div>

You know that might hurt if it didn't come from some retard who idolyzes murderers. You really think that after death God will pat you on the back for calling James Kopp a true American martyr?
You're going to be in for quite a surprise , lotter.

hondo
07-30-2012, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by LWW
aitch is now taking a beat down on BDC for trolling the sister thread ... and he's blaming it on you.

The 3 Stooges add up to taking a beating?

Pure comedy gold

eg8r
07-30-2012, 06:28 PM
Oh I am totally a Porsche man. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

LWW
07-30-2012, 08:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh I am totally a Porsche man. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r </div></div>

Next time I'm in WV i'm going to see if I can find a Pinto or Vega.

hondo
07-30-2012, 08:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh I am totally a Porsche man. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r </div></div>

Next time I'm in WV i'm going to see if I can find a Pinto or Vega. </div></div>

If you're coming to WV and you identify yourself, you'd have better luck finding a cornhole.
Seriously, dude. I have had several friends read your constant insults about my beautiful state and you are not well liked.
Most West Virginians that have read your posts think you are a real scumbag.Several have asked me if you are gay and I honestly replied that I wasn't sure. Your constant fantasies about any liberal who replies to your posts as having a mancrush on you is pretty telling.
Mancrush? What real man talks like that?

Sev
07-30-2012, 09:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like you are a good for nothing hack that won't shut up and cannot figure out a way to not drag down a decent thread that has nothing to do with your pathetic life?

eg8r </div></div>

Plus, Sev put me up to it. Right, Sev? </div></div>

It would seem to me that if your going to spend time sniffing around AZB all the time you should put yourself back into the mix.

Sev
07-30-2012, 09:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Originally Posted by LWW
aitch is now taking a beat down on BDC for trolling the sister thread ... and he's blaming it on you.

Pure comedy gold </div></div>

Stealing Ugots lines now?
Tooooooo Funny.

By the How do all the boys in WV feel about the Half Bro killing industry in your state.

I cant imagine you'll be voting for him this time around.

hondo
07-30-2012, 09:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like you are a good for nothing hack that won't shut up and cannot figure out a way to not drag down a decent thread that has nothing to do with your pathetic life?

eg8r </div></div>

Plus, Sev put me up to it. Right, Sev? </div></div>

It would seem to me that if your going to spend time sniffing around AZB all the time you should put yourself back into the mix.

</div></div>

Sent you a PM.

hondo
07-30-2012, 09:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Originally Posted by LWW

Tooooooo Funny.

By the How do all the boys in WV feel about the Half Bro killing industry in your state.

I cant imagine you'll be voting for him this time around. </div></div>

They hate him. He's no friend of coal.
As for voting for him, haven't decided yet. Definitely not voting for that dickwad Romney.
I believe in protecting the environment but I also believe in jobs.
Believe me, Joe Manchin is no friend of Obama. Has pretty much turned into a DINO.

LWW
07-31-2012, 01:41 AM
Yet another non political thread sent into the gutter by the troll.

I'm sure you made your queen proud.

hondo
07-31-2012, 07:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yet another non political thread sent into the gutter by the troll.

I'm sure you made your queen proud. </div></div>

I was responding to Sev. Why are you shadowposting me?
Do you have a mancrush on me? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

LWW
07-31-2012, 07:27 AM
No ... but I'm sure you will continue collecting photos of anyone with the same name as myself so you can continue with whatever deviant things it is that you do.

hondo
07-31-2012, 09:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No ... but I'm sure you will continue collecting photos of anyone with the same name as myself so you can continue with whatever deviant things it is that you do. </div></div>

Please don't embarrass yourself. Stop! As long as you don't remove your page, which I imagine is forthcoming, it's there for all to see. The hate on Obama, your love of wingnut rags, your passion for photography.
You know the more you get caught in your lies, the more credibility you lose, larry.
Can you not try to maintain a little dignity, "Batman"?

Stretch
07-31-2012, 11:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No ... but I'm sure you will continue collecting photos of anyone with the same name as myself so you can continue with whatever deviant things it is that you do. </div></div>

Please don't embarrass yourself. Stop! As long as you don't remove your page, which I imagine is forthcoming, it's there for all to see. The hate on Obama, your love of wingnut rags, your passion for photography.
You know the more you get caught in your lies, the more credibility you lose, larry.
Can you not try to maintain a little dignity, "Batman"? </div></div>

It must be the "Men in tights" thang. St.

ugotda7
08-01-2012, 09:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Originally Posted by LWW

Tooooooo Funny.

I cant imagine you'll be voting for him this time around. </div></div>

Hondo follows me around like a little puppy......and I oblige him with a treat every now and then so he feels wanted.

hondo
08-01-2012, 11:16 AM
WHITE POWER! Right, yugo?

LWW
08-01-2012, 12:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WHITE POWER! </div></div>

Were you wearing your Robert Cornelius Calvin Sales Byrd Commemorative Underos when you posted that?

ugotda7
08-01-2012, 01:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WHITE POWER! Right, yugo? </div></div>

You're confused as usual.....but being from WV you'd know intimately about white racism wouldn't you?

LWW
08-01-2012, 02:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ugotda7</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WHITE POWER! Right, yugo? </div></div>

You're confused as usual.....but being from WV you'd know intimately about white racism wouldn't you?

</div></div>

I hear that "WHITE POWER!" is a common shout out amongst the homes in he trailerhood.

Why I even hear they hav a clubhouse where they get together and arge ver. Ho hates GDN's ... and mixed folks ... the most.

hondo
08-01-2012, 05:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ugotda7</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WHITE POWER! Right, yugo? </div></div>

</div></div>

Amen to that! It's worse than most places, I believe.
But I'm not. I believed from your posts that you and larry and several others on AZ are very racist. If I am wrong about you, I sincerely apologize. All I have to go by are your posts.

LWW
08-01-2012, 05:57 PM
What are the most common three last words from a citizen of the trailerhood?

hondo
08-01-2012, 06:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ugotda7</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WHITE POWER! Right, yugo? </div></div>

</div></div>

I hear that "WHITE POWER!" is a common shout out amongst the homes in he trailerhood.

Why I even hear they hav a clubhouse where they get together and arge ver. Ho hates GDN's ... and mixed folks ... the most.
</div></div>

I believe that anyone who would go back and read our posts would see which one of the two of us is the bigot and it's certainly not me.
As for racist clubhouses I'm sure they exist in WV, your home state ( Kentucky?) and your current state. Certainly in Dayton.
As for trailers , probably some , I'm sure. I have a nice home, not a trailer.
As for implying that I hate blacks and half blacks, you've read my posts and know about my family and who some of my kids are so you know that's a vicious lie.
I imagine the half black comment concerns you. I have seen pictures of you. You are not half black. You simply say that so that you can get a pass while posting your usual hate towards blacks. You fool no one.
Besides, larry, I don't hate you. I do think you come across as pretty sleazy. You look for openings to twist, lie, take comments out of context so that you can "win."
This is your whole life. I get it. I really do. Using your wife to call me a klansman, using "johnny d" to spread terrible lies about me, trying to dig up dirt about Gayle and then threatening her. Pretty low, buddy. But you are what you are, I guess.

hondo
08-01-2012, 06:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are the most common three last words from a citizen of the trailerhood? </div></div>

Perhaps yugo or you would know. I do not live in a trailer. Do you?

LWW
08-02-2012, 01:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are the most common three last words from a citizen of the trailerhood? </div></div>

Perhaps yugo or you would know. I do not live in a trailer. Do you? </div></div>

The answer is ... "HEY, WATCH THIS!"

hondo
08-02-2012, 06:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are the most common three last words from a citizen of the trailerhood? </div></div>

Perhaps yugo or you would know. I do not live in a trailer. Do you? </div></div>

The answer is ... "HEY, WATCH THIS!" </div></div>

Whatever you say.