PDA

View Full Version : Chick-fil-a in the Reston, VA

llotter
07-30-2012, 04:20 PM
I live in Reston, VA, a very left leaning planned community in Northern Virginia, and in support of the president of that business (The DC mayor refers to Chick-fil-a and 'hate chicken'), I stopped over for lunch Saturday. Frankly, I was worried that the place would be so busy that I might have to wait quite a while but the opposite was the case. The lefties are apparently boycotting the place and leaving a going business with nearly empty stores around here. A real shame.

I had a grilled chicken salad sandwich and it was very good...and no waiting, even better.

cushioncrawler
07-30-2012, 04:41 PM
Yes lots of christian cults are in bizness. This makes it eezy to boycott. Shood be more of it. I hav 2 water tanks made by a cult here -- too bad they are the best tanks.
And my bed too. Funny when it woz delivered, 2 big guys driving the van, wearing white shirts and ties and short haircuts.
And we nearly got some pipe fittings from a cult, but ended up importing from theusofa.
mac.

eg8r
07-30-2012, 06:26 PM
Well, no one can complain at the boycott. This isn't any different than boycotting the Ditzy Twits. I on the other hand don't mind pointing out that if this boycott leads to anyone losing their jobs then what has the left gained other than increasing unemployment? We already know that is the hope and change they voted for so what would a few more jobs mean?

eg8r

cushioncrawler
07-30-2012, 06:50 PM
Religious and political viewsS.
Truett Cathy is a devout Southern Baptist; his religious beliefs have a major impact on the company.[21] The company's official statement of corporate purpose says that the business exists "To glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us. To have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-fil-A."[22] Chick-fil-A has also promoted religious groups via toys and CDs included in children's meals.[23]

Cathy's beliefs are also responsible for one of the chain's distinctive features: All Chick-fil-A locations (company-owned and franchised, whether in a mall or freestanding) are closed on Sundays,[24] as well as on Thanksgiving and Christmas.[25] Cathy states as the final step in his Five-Step recipe for Business Success "I was not so committed to financial success that I was willing to abandon my principles and priorities. One of the most visible examples of this is our decision to close on Sunday. Our decision to close on Sunday was our way of honoring God and of directing our attention to things that mattered more than our business."[26]

In an interview with ABC News's Nightline, Truett's son Dan Cathy gave reporter Vicki Mabrey another reason why the company is closed on Sundays, saying his father opened his first restaurant on a Tuesday and "by the time Sunday came, he was just worn out. And Sunday was not a big trading day, anyway, at the time. So he was closed that first Sunday and we've been closed ever since. He figured if he didn't like working on Sundays, that other people didn't either." The younger Cathy quoted his father as saying "'I don't want to ask people to do that what I am not willing to do myself.'"[27]

cushioncrawler
07-30-2012, 06:52 PM
Lawsuit over cancer risk
In 2006 a lawsuit was brought by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine against McDonald's, Applebee's, Outback Steakhouse, Chili's, T.G.I. Friday's, Burger King and Chick-fil-A.[62] The organization asserted that cooking certain meats, including chicken, at high temperatures causes the meat to contain the chemical PhIP, a compound which had caused cancer in lab rats and mice.[63] A 2009 ruling for the defendants was followed by an August 2010 appeal decided in favor of the plaintiffs.[64] The matter has not been legally resolved and is still before the courts of California.[64][65]

cushioncrawler
07-30-2012, 06:55 PM
Failed Green Party presidential candidate Roseanne Barr said that anyone who eats at Chick-fil-A deserves to get cancer, Twitchy reported Wednesday.

“[A]nyone who eats S**t Fil-A deserves to get the cancer that is sure to come from eating antibiotic filled tortured chickens 4Christ, (sic)” she tweeted Wednesday.

Referencing tweets Barr sent to another Twitter user, Twitchy said “Roseanne believes parents who feed their kids food from Chick-fil-A are child abusers.”

Later, she posted an apology, but Twitchy said that apology evolved.

“[E]ven though most MM followers r illiterate-let me try again-what I said was: If U eat poison chicken anuses, u increase ur chances of cancer, (sic)” she tweeted, referring to supporters of conservative columnist Michelle Malkin.

Some, however, called her on her choice of words.

“Too late everyone has seen the screencap and they know you are lying,” one person wrote.

“That’s not what you said. Now you’re just lying to cover for your hate,” wrote another.

Later, Barr admitted that she should not have used the word “deserves,” and apologized.

cushioncrawler
07-30-2012, 07:04 PM
Maddie_Faddenoid 8 comments collapsed
Collapse Expand Honestly, I'm disgusted that anyone ever ate at Chick-Fil-A. I have found no evidence that their chickens are free range. Which means that the hundreds of thousands of chickens they use in their food are more than likely kept in tiny s**t-filled "spaces" where they go crazy and peck their own feet off just for some mental stimulation, are pumped full of hormones and over-inflated with poor quality food that makes them get fat extra quick, and are killed at a few months old. To me the fact that the founders and customers would inflict that on animals just for a freaking sandwich is a much bigger issue than whether or not the founders of the company support the rights of two homosexuals to make vows to each other in a legally binding ceremony. One day our descendents will look back at us as barbarians because of the horrifying way we treat our fellow creatures. Shame so few Christians or atheists care as much about the whole lives of hundreds of thousands of sentient beings as they do about this one non-essential aspect of gay people's lives. Don't get me wrong; I feel for gay people who can't marry. It's just I feel more for living beings that are physically suffering abuse, and I can't understand the anger over the former and the utter dismissal of the latter.

cushioncrawler
07-30-2012, 07:04 PM
Thank you for mentioning that, Maddie. While providing equal rights to gays is of great importance, it's easy to forget about the 9.6 *billion* farm animals just in the U.S. that are raised and slaughtered in inhumane conditions each year. If people could see the suffering that these animals are forced to endure, there would be much greater protests than those over Chick-Fil-A's contributions to anti-gay causes.

A Like Reply 4 days ago in reply to Maddie_Faddenoid 1 Like F

Gayle in MD
07-31-2012, 10:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I live in Reston, VA, a very left leaning planned community in Northern Virginia, and in support of the president of that business (The DC mayor refers to Chick-fil-a and 'hate chicken'), I stopped over for lunch Saturday. Frankly, I was worried that the place would be so busy that I might have to wait quite a while but the opposite was the case. The lefties are apparently boycotting the place and leaving a going business with nearly empty stores around here. A real shame.

I had a grilled chicken salad sandwich and it was very good...and no waiting, even better. </div></div>

Hey, is it true they removed the chicken off the top of the building and replaced it with a bust of Repiglican Virginia Foxx?

Heard about that, and I must say, that is good marketing. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif She looks so much more like a chicken, than the average chicken could ever hope to look!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif