PDA

View Full Version : He’ll Get Back To You. Or Maybe Not.

Qtec
07-31-2012, 07:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Romney claimed he couldn’t recall whether or not he has ever paid a tax rate lower than 13 percent when asked by ABC news, but rather than say he would not disclose more of his personal finances, he said he would get back to them.

Not surprisingly, it turns out that he won’t be getting back to them.

<u>ABC says Romney officials have not gotten back to them on whether Romney ever paid a lower tax rate than 13.9% despite their repeated queries.</u> Instead, they received a rehash of Romney’s already disclosed taxes and charitable donations from 2010, suggesting that Romney may have overpromised in his interview what his campaign was willing to reveal.

“Mitt Romney has paid his taxes in full compliance with U.S. law, and he has paid 100 percent of what he has owed,” Romney spokeswoman Gail Gitcho told ABC News in a statement.

“It was legal.” </div></div>

Mitt lies again but Harry won't let him get away with it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 17pt'>Harry Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years'</span>

Saying he had "no problem with somebody being really, really wealthy," Reid sat up in his chair a bit before stirring the pot further. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>A month or so ago, he said, a person who had invested with Bain Capital called his office.

"Harry, he didn't pay any taxes for 10 years," Reid recounted the person as saying.

"He didn't pay taxes for 10 years! Now, do I know that that's true? Well, I'm not certain," said Reid. "But obviously he can't release those tax returns. How would it look?

"You guys have said his wealth is $250 million," Reid went on. "Not a chance in the world. It's a lot more than that. I mean, you do pretty well if you don't pay taxes for 10 years when you're making millions and millions of dollars."</span>

The highest ranked Democrat in Congress, Reid is known more as a back room brawler than a public flamethrower. So his willingness to throw this private conversation into the media frenzy over Romney's taxes underscores the low opinion he has of the Republican candidate.

Tellingly, neither Reid nor his office would reveal who the investor was, making it impossible to verify if the accusation is true. And as his quote makes clear, he's uncertain if the information is accurate. The Romney campaign's press secretary, Andrea Saul, has previously denied rumors that Romney didn't pay "any taxes at all."

But there is limited political downside to the type of open speculation that Reid is making, so long as Romney refuses to budge on the issue of his tax returns. <u>Increasingly, other Democrats are growing more assertive in their goading. In an appearance at the Center for American Progress on Tuesday, former Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland argued that he could openly speculate as to whether Romney "is a tax avoider" or "cheat" because "his behavior invites such speculation."</u> </div></div>

Just wait till the election. Mitt will be constantly hammered on this.

Q

Gayle in MD
08-02-2012, 09:22 AM
And he will continue to stonewall. He has no alternative, since he's been a cheat all of his life, annd can't reveal his finannces, nor his exorbitant American jobs outsourcing.

IMO, the outsourcing is the most offensive of all of his un-American activities. Additionally, buying up and destroying the computers from his time as Governor, was a dead giveaway as to his penchant for exploiting others, his corruption and sneaky, inderhanded personality.

After his disastrous foreign tour, he's dead meat now anyway.

G.

Qtec
08-03-2012, 05:46 AM
Harry Reid said the POTUS should be an open book. Mitt falls way short of that mark. The fact is we know very little about him.

The RW used to try to portray Obama as an elitist, not any more! They avoid that word at all cost these days.

Q

Gayle in MD
08-03-2012, 06:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Harry Reid said the POTUS should be an open book. Mitt falls way short of that mark. The fact is we know very little about him.

The RW used to try to portray Obama as an elitist, not any more! They avoid that word at all cost these days.

Q </div></div>

You're so right, and wow, I hadn't noticed what a huge shift we've seen on that until reading your post!

What we do know is bad enough!

There's really no doubt in my mind that Harry Reid's accusations are true. No, there's no proof, and perhaps it wasn't the smartest political move for Reid, but my money is on Harry being absolutely correct, since the statements he made match my instincts about Romney!

Harry just might blow this whole campaign away, when he shows up with the proof! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Wouldn't surprise me one bit!

G.

Gayle in MD
08-03-2012, 09:02 AM
Good Article, with very interesting posts from the readers, lol.

Tax Trap Swings shut On Romney:
http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/08/tax-trap-springs-shut-on-romney.html