PDA

View Full Version : Fox & Friends Hosts Scold Harry Reid

Qtec
08-02-2012, 06:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fox & Friends Hosts Scold ‘Irresponsible’ Harry Reid For Unsubstantiated Allegations Against Romney

The hosts of Fox & Friends called Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) “irresponsible” on Wednesday after Reid told the Huffington Post that a Bain Capital investor had informed him that Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney paid nothing in taxes for a decade. Reid also claimed that Mitt Romney’s father, former Michigan Gov. George Romney, would be “embarrassed” by his son’s conduct in this year’s presidential campaign.

RELATED: Harry Reid’s Bombshell Allegation: Bain Investor Told Him Romney ‘Didn’t Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years’

“In desperate campaign, Reid stats rumor,” read the chyron as the Fox & Friends hosts related the allegation that Sen. Reid made against Romney. They also noted that Reid told reporters he was not certain if that story was accurate.

“Is that out of line for a Senator to not necessarily check the facts before you go off and bloviate and before you know it, it’s a big story,” said Gretchen Carlson. “And it’s not true.”

“Yes it is,” replied Steve Doocy.<span style="color: #3366FF">LMAO</span>

“He’s accusing him of breaking the law and he should go to jail,” Brian Kilmeade said. Kilmeade also chastised Reid for bringing up Romney’s deceased father and speculating on how he would feel about his son today. “You’ve got to be kidding me,” said Kilmeade. “How irresponsible is that?”</div></div>

What a joke.

some people say (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYA9ufivbDw)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fox News technique: "some people say" </div></div>

...some people say Romney didn't pay tax for 10 years!!!!!

Q......you reap what you sow.

eg8r
08-02-2012, 08:08 AM
If he didn't have any taxable income then what is the issue? If he did then why hasn't the IRS done anything? Since the IRS hasn't done anything why do you give credence to Reid's lack of proof?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-02-2012, 09:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fox & Friends Hosts Scold ‘Irresponsible’ Harry Reid For Unsubstantiated Allegations Against Romney

The hosts of Fox & Friends called Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) “irresponsible” on Wednesday after Reid told the Huffington Post that a Bain Capital investor had informed him that Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney paid nothing in taxes for a decade. Reid also claimed that Mitt Romney’s father, former Michigan Gov. George Romney, would be “embarrassed” by his son’s conduct in this year’s presidential campaign.

RELATED: Harry Reid’s Bombshell Allegation: Bain Investor Told Him Romney ‘Didn’t Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years’

“In desperate campaign, Reid stats rumor,” read the chyron as the Fox & Friends hosts related the allegation that Sen. Reid made against Romney. They also noted that Reid told reporters he was not certain if that story was accurate.

“Is that out of line for a Senator to not necessarily check the facts before you go off and bloviate and before you know it, it’s a big story,” said Gretchen Carlson. “And it’s not true.”

“Yes it is,” replied Steve Doocy.<span style="color: #3366FF">LMAO</span>

“He’s accusing him of breaking the law and he should go to jail,” Brian Kilmeade said. Kilmeade also chastised Reid for bringing up Romney’s deceased father and speculating on how he would feel about his son today. “You’ve got to be kidding me,” said Kilmeade. “How irresponsible is that?”</div></div>

What a joke.

some people say (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYA9ufivbDw)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fox News technique: "some people say" </div></div>

...some people say Romney didn't pay tax for 10 years!!!!!

Q......you reap what you sow. </div></div>

If it isn't true, why doesn't Romney meet the standards for revealing his taxes?

I think we realistic people understand the reason, quite well!

America's tax structure is a joke!

It has been the single most destructive result of the Bush/Blank check corrupt Congress, and administration, aside from the hundreds of thousands of people killed for no good reason, by the lies of Bush et al and the un-American NEOCON mafia, not to mention the trillions in unpaid spending, warring and borrowing.

G.

Soflasnapper
08-02-2012, 09:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If he didn't have any taxable income then what is the issue? If he did then why hasn't the IRS done anything? Since the IRS hasn't done anything why do you give credence to Reid's lack of proof?

eg8r </div></div>

Even if it were entirely legal, it would be a massive issue, and I think the dominant reaction would be that it is wholly disqualifying.

But the problem then becomes, was it REALLY entirely legal? Absent some proof, people would find it hard to believe that one could have millions of dollars in gross income on which there was truly no taxes owed. (It's not completely impossible, but given the claimed 10 years in a row, seemingly very unlikely).

Then this would create a stronger insistence that the returns going back that far be released to show it was legitimate, and Romney's already signaled such a look would kill his candidacy.

I'm a bit surprised Harry Reid has turned out to be such a infighter. I knew he used to be a boxer in his youth, maybe Gold Gloves, but I hadn't really seen this side of him in public before. Maybe he has had some sharp elbows in the inside game people on the Hill know about.

What he said was pretty much out of line, even as he gave the caveats, which are the reason it was out of line. The caveats are that Reid has no way of knowing this was true, and he didn't even think the guy who told him had any way of knowing it was true.

So we are completely into a post-truth, post-evidence, bare claim throwing around time. Which is an amazing place to be.

eg8r
08-02-2012, 10:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even if it were entirely legal, it would be a massive issue, and I think the dominant reaction would be that it is wholly disqualifying. </div></div>LOL, this is my point...you guys all have your panties in a twist about what whether Romney did this or that and none of you have even questioned Reid for making the statements in the beginning without the proof. You are blaming Romney for something that might not even be true and certainly hasn't been proven at all.

When Fox says "some people say" you guys laugh but then when Reid says "according to someone at Bain" you take it as fact. Go back and ask Reid to prove what he is saying is true before you start asking Romney to answer unfounded accusations.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
08-02-2012, 10:16 AM
You guys? Not me. I expressed my surprise at what Reid did, and I don't think it's appropriate for a person of his high office, except as alley knife fighting in politics, not a high standard.

Just passing on rumors of unknown and unknowable accuracy? That's the kind of thing that gets whispered and put into public discourse anonymously, not as a public statement from a high ranking official.

I will grant that it may be an effective line of attack.

eg8r
08-02-2012, 10:19 AM
Dirty politics usually is effective.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-02-2012, 01:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What he said was pretty much out of line, even as he gave the caveats, which are the reason it was out of line. The caveats are that Reid has no way of knowing this was true, and he didn't even think the guy who told him had any way of knowing it was true.

</div></div>

Interesting, that Reid has since continued to back up his story, claiming now that he has heard the same story from more than one person supposedly in the know.

Like you, I don't think this is the Reid I've observed in the past, but regardless, Romney's disgruntled and sometimes insulting refusals to address not only this issue, but his shady dealings as governor, as well, are quite suspicious.

Even Repiglicans, and their pundits, such as William Kristol, and a number of other Repiglicans, have stated that Romney should release the his tax records for the last ten years, at the least!

Even George Will has stated that Romney's failure to clean up whatever he's hiding in advance of running, was not very bright, and as Will stated, even if everything is on the up and up, it is still, I believe he called it, impolitic, lol.

Why would this man make himself LOOK gulty, if there isn't anything to hide?

He's got something disqualifying to hide, that's why, and I suspect that fact will emerge eventually, and even if it doesn't, he's going to wish he had used better sense about this entire fiasco, because refusing to reveal everything that is the standard, everything that is expected of a person trying to win the presidency, is disqualifying in and of itself, in the eyes of many Americans.

G.

LWW
08-02-2012, 04:37 PM
If Harry is telling the truth ... then he is concealing a criminal act, which is a criminal act in and of itself.

Why do you support criminals?

What's that?

Because they have (D) following their name on the ballot?

But ... I already knew that.

That being said, here's a token of friendship to my collectivist forum members:

http://www.coupons4utah.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/chick-a-fil-copy.jpg

Soflasnapper
08-02-2012, 04:47 PM
If Harry is telling the truth ... then he is concealing a criminal act, which is a criminal act in and of itself.

Yes, I heard Rush going on and on about that today. Probably that's where you heard it, because it is otherwise an entirely stupid claim.

Oh wait, what was I thinking? If it's on Rush, it's on every right wing outlet, and anyone of any stripe of that kind has heard this argument.

Still a stupid one, that actually makes very little sense.

There are generally no crimes associated with knowledge of someone else's tax returns, or with spreading that knowledge around. Unless someone broke into somewhere and committed a burglary, or something like that.

There may be some TORT claim, and if it were the CPA playing loose with the information, a possible professional sanction or criminal penalty, but not for a person coming across this information, generally.

Where do you people get these claims from? I would assume not Mark Levin in this case, as he is fairly knowledgeable on the law, and would know better.

hondo
08-02-2012, 08:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys? Not me. </div></div>

Me neither. I don't wear panties.

Qtec
08-03-2012, 12:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even if it were entirely legal, it would be a massive issue, and I think the dominant reaction would be that it is wholly disqualifying. </div></div>LOL, this is my point...you guys all have your panties in a twist about what whether Romney did this or that and none of you have even questioned Reid for making the statements in the beginning without the proof. You are blaming Romney for something that might not even be true and certainly hasn't been proven at all.

When Fox says "some people say" you guys laugh but then when Reid says "according to someone at Bain" you take it as fact. Go back and ask Reid to prove what he is saying is true before you start asking Romney to answer unfounded accusations.

eg8r </div></div>

Reid is not backing down.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is a controversy because the Republican presidential nominee, Governor Mitt Romney, refuses to release his tax returns. As I said before, I was told by an extremely credible source that Romney has not paid taxes for ten years. People who make as much money as Mitt Romney have many tricks at their disposal to avoid paying taxes. We already know that Romney has exploited many of these loopholes, stashing his money in secret, overseas accounts in places like Switzerland and the Cayman Islands.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'><span style="color: #990000">Last weekend, <u>Governor Romney promised that he would check his tax returns and let the American people know whether he ever paid a rate lower than 13.9 percent.</u> One day later, his campaign raced to say he had no intention of putting out any further information.</span>

When it comes to answering the legitimate questions the American people have about whether he avoided paying his fair share in taxes or why he opened a Swiss bank account, Romney has shut up. But as a presidential candidate, it’s his obligation to put up, and release several years’ worth of tax returns just like nominees of both parties have done for decades.

<u>It’s clear Romney is hiding something, and the American people deserve to know what it is.</u></span> Whatever Romney’s hiding probably speaks volumes about how he would approach issues that directly impact middle-class families, like tax reform and the economy. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>When you are running for president, you should be an open book.</span>

I understand Romney is concerned that many people, Democrats and Republicans, have been calling on him to release his tax returns. He has so far refused. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>There is only one thing he can do to clear this up, and that’s release his tax returns. </span></div></div>

Love it. Go Harry.

Q

Qtec
08-03-2012, 06:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'> LOL, this is my point...you guys all have your panties in a twist about what whether Romney did this or that</span> and none of you have even questioned Reid for making the statements in the beginning without the proof.</div></div>

Hello McFly. You are the one with your panties in a twist because a Dem shows he can play the game as well.

For the last 4 years Obama has been accused of not being an American based on<span style='font-size: 20pt'> baseless claims. </span>

How about Trump. Remember his PI,s in Hawaii had uncovered something "you won't believe!"
How many times was he on Fox with that $hit?

<u>Four years long</u> and <span style='font-size: 17pt'>not a peep </span>from the RW here on the CBB or by the TP/Rep Party about the baseless claims coming from the RW machine..is he a Muslim? Is he really a Communist? How about the fact he was brought up in a Madrassa?

even a hack like Wolf can get it right! (http://video.thinkprogress.org/2007/01/madrassa.320.240.flv)

slime (http://thinkprogress.org/media/2007/01/19/9711/fox-obama-madrassa/)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">none of you have even questioned Reid for making the statements in the beginning <u>without the proof.</u> </div></div>

LOL. He doesn't need proof! You obviously don't get it. Harry can say anything he wants. The only way Mitt can shut him up is to release his tax returns.
Which we all know by now, he won't.

If Romney was clean he could release his tax returns. He won't, even though it might cost him the election not to do so.

Anyone with half a brain would say, "he's hiding something."

Q

Gayle in MD
08-03-2012, 06:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone with half a brain </div></div>

Well, that pretty much disqualifies the righties on here. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

We can't expect miracles, lol.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

My money is on Harry! I'm just wild about Harry! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

G.

eg8r
08-03-2012, 08:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello McFly. You are the one with your panties in a twist because a Dem shows he can play the game as well.</div></div>LOL, so all those threads about hating the dirty politics and then you go and praise a Dem for doing exactly what you used to hate. I love to see you prove yourself the hypocrite you have always strived to be.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-03-2012, 08:26 AM
You have no proof whatsoever that Senator Reid is not telling us the truth.

Yet, you defend the biggest liars in this country, over and over, even after they have admitted that they lied!

Just a secretary?

Saddam involved in 9/11?

Saddam had WMD in Iraq? Was hooked up with al Qaeda?

Five million missing Rove/Cheney e-mails?

Rove's aid take the fifthe over and over again?

Strange fire in the VP's office?

Cheney gets drunk, shoots his friend in the face, and doesn't report it until he dries out?

Rove (and you) continues to this day to deny that he was a confirming source for Novak, even though Novak clearly stated, that Rove was a confirming source, on National Television?

Gonzo refusing to answer questions about the Bush administration politicizing the entire DOJ? 'I don't recall" a hundred and eighty-seven times!

Bush refuses to answer questions about his cocaine use, his AWOL record, his ties to Abramoff!

IMHO, no rightie on this forum can reasonably accuse any from thye left of a double standard, and i fact, it hilarious given the history here!

Bah, bah, bah...the sheep are still bahing their way out of reality!

Repiglicans have obstructed the recovery for political gains. Nothing could be worse than that, except for lying this country into a war for their oil cronies, and former corporate cronies!

If Obama had had the ties to bin Laden's family that the Bush/Cheney cabal are proven to have had, you'd all have been running up the impeachment flags, oh, that's right, the Repiglicans have already been doing that with non stop, irrational, slanderous attacks on a man that stands head and shoulders above any Repiglican since Dwight Eisenhower!

Romney is a proven liar. A continuous flip-flopper! o principles! No honor, and no consistency.

An insultng elitist little punk! His wife calls the American Press corps, and all Americans, 'You people'....while she has formed her own foreign entity to cover up her own corporate money, to hide all of her unjustifiable spending in foreign accounts, just like crook Mitt!

You? Calling anyone else here a hypocrite?!!!!
What a joke that is!

G.

eg8r
08-03-2012, 10:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have no proof whatsoever that Senator Reid is not telling us the truth.</div></div>I don't need any proof. All I know is that he was clearly secretive about who might have the proof and has chosen to not prove he is telling the truth. Don't worry though, we get it. Anything a lefty does is fine in your book. You never did care about dirty politics as long as it is a Dem acting dirty.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-03-2012, 10:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have no proof whatsoever that Senator Reid is not telling us the truth.</div></div>I don't need any proof. All I know is that he was clearly secretive about who might have the proof and has chosen to not prove he is telling the truth. Don't worry though, we get it. Anything a lefty does is fine in your book. You never did care about dirty politics as long as it is a Dem acting dirty.

eg8r </div></div>

Secretive? LMAO!

You ignore Romney's gross, unprecedented for a presidential contender, continuing secrecy, and the complete secrecy of the Bush Administration, along with their famous lies and law breaking, and then you turn right around and say that Reid is being secretive, when he cannot give the name of the preson who confided in him.

Not even a good try.

There will be much more coming out, and when it does, you will have the same irrational response as you have maintained about any and all crooked and corrupt lies, failed and illegal policies of the Repiglicans, such as your standard cop out, that if they didn't go to jail, they were innocent, LMAO!

How many crooks and law breakers do you think there are who got off from being held to account because they were in with the controlling Repiglicans who bought out Washington D.C. during the Bush administration, and have blocked every appointmennt they could, in order to keep it that way.

Washington D.C. is crawling with corrupt Repiglicans.

Regardless of how this story ends up, you will surely only deny it. Hundreds of thousands of dead annd maimed people in Iraq, didn't phase you one bit, after Bush lied us into a war, and then treated our troops like dogs!

None of the proof about the Rove/Bush/Cheney outing of a CIA, SECRET NOC Agent, Valarie Plame, ever got you off your denials! Novak comes right out on the air and states clearly that Rove was his confirming source, and you ignore and deny and defend that whole Fiasco!

Total denial on your part of every proven fact! You have no business calling anyone else here a hypocrite!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anything a lefty does is fine in your book. You never did care about dirty politics as long as it is a Dem acting dirty.

</div></div>

Oh really? Any examples of that, because I have hundreds of examples of you doing exactly what you are accusing me of doing.

Additionally, I have stated the things many times which I do not approve of as regards certain policies and other things done by Dems. When have you ever done that?

G.

eg8r
08-03-2012, 04:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Secretive? LMAO!

You ignore Romney's gross, </div></div>Are you not aware of who we are talking about? Why do try to change the subject with your very first sentence.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh really? Any examples of that, because I have hundreds of examples of you doing exactly what you are accusing me of doing.</div></div>Yes bonehead...this thread is the perfect example.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-03-2012, 05:32 PM
Bonehead?

Witch?

Two new affectionate names for me, and all in one day.

My, you have really outdone yourself.

Too bad you can't answer the question, or should I say, like Mitsey, not answering is your only option, as usual!
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif
G.

eg8r
08-03-2012, 08:28 PM
Why should I answer a question that has nothing to do with the subject?

eg8r

hondo
08-03-2012, 09:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[/quote]Yes bonehead...this thread is the perfect example.

eg8r </div></div>

More personal insults! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

hondo
08-03-2012, 09:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why should I answer a question that has nothing to do with the subject?

eg8r </div></div>

Why do you always have to resort to name-calling? Can't you be civil?

Gayle in MD
08-03-2012, 09:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why should I answer a question that has nothing to do with the subject?

eg8r </div></div>

Why do you always have to resort to name-calling? Can't you be civil? </div></div>

I wonder what his neighborhood Christian Church members would think if they knew the real Eh8tr?

G.

hondo
08-03-2012, 10:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why should I answer a question that has nothing to do with the subject?

eg8r </div></div>

Why do you always have to resort to name-calling? Can't you be civil? </div></div>

I wonder what his neighborhood Christian Church members would think if they knew the real Eh8tr?

G. </div></div>

Perhaps he belongs to larry/johnny d's church. They love to hate.

Gayle in MD
08-03-2012, 10:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why should I answer a question that has nothing to do with the subject?

eg8r </div></div>

G. </div></div>

Perhaps he belongs to larry/johnny d's church. They love to hate. </div></div>

It seems that those who regard money making as their number one goal, are very lacking in other human ways.

Funny how people who run their lives around making money always show such a lack of concern for how they treat others. there is always a severe inability to experience any empathy for their fellow human beings, and even for animals.

Even those whom they admire, display such serious character flaws, yet they admire the worst of the worst.

Sociopathic Personality Disorder, is what it is called. It's not very hard to recognize, since it stands out like a sore thumb to those who are not afflicted by it themselves.

Check out this story about Ann Romney:

http://veracitystew.com/2012/06/24/ann-romneys-dressage-horse-an-emerging-pattern-of-cruelty/

Qtec
08-04-2012, 01:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
LOL, so all those threads about hating the dirty politics and then you go and praise a Dem for doing exactly what you used to hate.</div></div>

As usual,totally wrong.

What Harry did was extraordinary. He called out someone by name on the Senate floor. Its a rare event. Therefore you cannot equate what he did with the constant crap/lies coming from the RW media.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I love to see you prove yourself the hypocrite you have always strived to be.

eg8r </div></div>

When the Birthers were attacking Obama, with no proof whatsoever, you said, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>"he should just show his BC".</span>

Mitt only has to release his tax returns to shut Harry up, but now you say Harry should first prove his claims!

Who is the hypocrite?

Q

Qtec
08-04-2012, 02:00 AM
Just a thought.

Is Harry being set up? Its a possibility but a slim one.

Another thought.

Knowing that you are running for Pres, wouldn't it be wise to instruct your accountants to 'beef up' how much tax you paid over the last 3/4 years? Then you could release 4 years of tax returns,claim you have met the benchmark and bingo, problem solved.

The best Mitt could do was to show he paid 13.9%!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah. Almost forgot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Leading House Democrats want to turn Mitt Romney’s enormous IRA into more than just a political problem.

Romney’s most recent financial disclosure form revealed that his <span style='font-size: 20pt'>tax-deferred individual retirement account holds upwards of $100 million —</span> an amount that awkwardly showcases his enormous wealth but also raises legal and ethical questions.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>IRAs are intended to allow workers to put away modest sums of money each year in order to help finance a middle class retirement. The savings are tax deferred, but there’s a legal limit — now $6,000 — on how much each IRA holder can contribute annually.</span> <span style="color: #3333FF">Obviously not!!!!!!</span>

Now top Democrats on the Budget, Ways and Means, and Education and Workforce Committees <span style='font-size: 23pt'>want to know how people of Romney’s wealth can end up with 100,000 times that much money in a single IRA,</span> and how much the tax and investment strategies they employ cost the Treasury in revenue every year.[/size]</div></div>

If you work 40 yrs and contribute at $6,000 a year, you don't have a $100 million.

Q

eg8r
08-04-2012, 07:50 AM
Nothing wrong about it. Dirty politics all the way. You are OK with it as long as he is a (D).

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-04-2012, 08:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just a thought.

Is Harry being set up? Its a possibility but a slim one.

Another thought.

Knowing that you are running for Pres, wouldn't it be wise to instruct your accountants to 'beef up' how much tax you paid over the last 3/4 years? Then you could release 4 years of tax returns,claim you have met the benchmark and bingo, problem solved.

The best Mitt could do was to show he paid 13.9%!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah. Almost forgot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Leading House Democrats want to turn Mitt Romney’s enormous IRA into more than just a political problem.

Romney’s most recent financial disclosure form revealed that his <span style='font-size: 20pt'>tax-deferred individual retirement account holds upwards of $100 million —</span> an amount that awkwardly showcases his enormous wealth but also raises legal and ethical questions.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>IRAs are intended to allow workers to put away modest sums of money each year in order to help finance a middle class retirement. The savings are tax deferred, but there’s a legal limit — now $6,000 — on how much each IRA holder can contribute annually.</span> <span style="color: #3333FF">Obviously not!!!!!!</span>

Now top Democrats on the Budget, Ways and Means, and Education and Workforce Committees <span style='font-size: 23pt'>want to know how people of Romney’s wealth can end up with 100,000 times that much money in a single IRA,</span> and how much the tax and investment strategies they employ cost the Treasury in revenue every year.[/size]</div></div>

If you work 40 yrs and contribute at $6,000 a year, you don't have a $100 million.

Q </div></div>

PIGS like the Romneys are exactly what is so wrong in our country.

We actually have people in this country who have so little economic knowledge that they blame a president for economic failures which have been created by REPIGLICANS for the most part, and have been going on for decades! They blame the president as if he can do anything about the real crux of our problem, which is CEO GREED, and job outsourcing to communist, inhumane countries!

As long as we have wealthy people, who outsource our jobs, and care only about their own personal wealth, and working this unfair economic system we have, while disregarding the economic damage they are doing to our country, the economy can't grow.

If one simply looks at the outsourced jobs to China over the last thrity years, and the way they have cheated us on the global market, it becomes very clear that long before this president ever entered the Oval Office as President, we had been hemmoraging jobs to China while they cheated us on the market.

How long could that go on before our own economy crashed.

What is wrong is greed and corruption, throughout out economy, from the banks, to the congress, to the energy corporations and mostly, PIGS&lt; like Mitt Romney, exactly like Mitt Romney!

The FACT that George Bush put us in a trick bag, with all of his borrowing from China, spending and warring while cutting taxes, was the main reason why we can't expect a traditional recovery. for eight years he pulled this country down into a pit of corruption and lawlessness!

Until we start to raise taxes and penalize the greedy corporate pigs like Mitt Romney, AND his wife, who only care about hiding their own wealth accumulation, and to hell with their country, nothing will change.

These pigs should be penalized, not glorified!

What is truly disgusting is that we have corruption enabling, ignorant righties who defend these pigs, as if we are wrong to expect them to keep jobs in this country, or pay taxes enough to be level with the rest of us, not advantaging loopholes, and being rewarded for being greedy, unconscionable and unpatriotic....and now that the Supreme Court finished the job on Reagan's Shock Doctrine, through Citizens United, our representatives who do want to do right by the country, are up against the very same corrupt handful of global pigs, and greedy billionaires and multi-millionaires who only care about hiding their personal wealth, and to hell with their country!

What really is disgusting is listening to the ignorant right applauding greedy pigs like the Romneys' who are "working the system" and on the dole, far more than our poor, our jobless, or the hungry amoung us, who are the victims of the greedy pigs like the Romneys, as they continue to steal from all of us, and destroy our economy!

Our only hope as voters is a massive boycott against all products that are not made in America! It would have to begin on a small level, and quickly grow into a massive economic backlash against corporate greed, damaging and destructive loopholes, and ideologies which reward greed, corruption and pollution!

If Americans want jobs and want their country back, and a better world, for all, people like the Romneys are the worst kind to vote for!

We need to launch a boycott against all American corporations who create their products by outsourcing our jobs to countries who abuse their people! The ignorance of those who think they, as Americans, are advantaged by these corporate pigs, through lower prices for goods, is the political problem of our circumstances.

A huge collective outrage against job outsourcing, greedy American corporate CEO's PIGS LIKE THE ROMNEYS who outsource our jobs to the very foreign countries who maintain slave labor, abuse their people, and cheat us on the global market, is the way to take our country back!

When we begin to spend our money in good conscience, and pay the extra few bucks in cost for products which are made in America, we will once again be the top producers in the world.

The problem is that the corporate pigs have spent so much money brain washing the ignorant right, with the help of American CEO propagandists who own the media, and they continue to vote against their own best interests!

The Repiglican economic policies are....war, war and more war! More loopholes for the outsosurcing pigs among us!
More economically defeating tax instruments which provide a path for the wealthy to avoid taxes!

They are NOT JOBS PRODUCERS! That myth must be blown away once and for all! Romney, a job producer? WHAT A TOTAL CROCK OF BS!

They have no honor, and they have no conscience!

One good first step is to boycott WALMART!

Imagine how may American jobs would be created if all Americans just stayed the hell out of WALMART!

Wouldn't solve everything overnight, but it would be a hugely effective first step!

Rant over!

G.

Qtec
08-05-2012, 02:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nothing wrong about it. Dirty politics all the way. You are OK with it as long as he is a (D).

eg8r </div></div>

What BS. My q's were,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is Harry being set up? Its a possibility but a slim one.

If you work 40 yrs and contribute at $6,000 a year, you don't have a $100 million. </div></div>

Your answer [ Nothing wrong about it. ] makes no sense and has NOTHING to do with the topic. Its pure avoidance.

Q

eg8r
08-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Your Q's having to do with anything.

eg8r