PDA

View Full Version : BRAVO SHEP SMITH!

Gayle in MD
08-02-2012, 12:09 PM
Shep Smith took an apparent swipe at both Chick-fil-A and his fellow Fox News host Mike Huckabee on Wednesday.

<span style="color: #990000">Huckabee the huckster! One of the worst of all of the Homophobic, so called Christian Liars! </span>

The controversial fast food chain has caused a tremendous stir with its owner's comments against gay marriage. Huckabee declared Wednesday "Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day" to support the store.

Smith, who has previously spoken out in support of gay marriage, didn't mince his words on Wednesday, though he avoided directly mentioning either Chick-fil-A or Huckabee.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>"It's National Badminton Day," he said. "Let's forget National Day of Intolerance. Let's just stay with badminton."</span>

It's just another example of Smith's willingness to speak his mind on air.

(Video via Mediaite)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/02/shep-smith-chick-fil-a-intolerance_n_1732378.html

<span style="color: #990000">The only honest person of courage on Fux Noise! Always liked Shep!</span>

llotter
08-02-2012, 01:30 PM
Just who is being intolerant, the president of Chick-fil-A who merely affirms the Christian tradition of two thousands years or the mayors of several large cities who put out the no-entry sign?

Gayle in MD
08-02-2012, 01:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just who is being intolerant, the president of Chick-fil-A who merely affirms the Christian tradition of two thousands years or the mayors of several large cities who put out the no-entry sign? </div></div>

The president of CFA, obviously! He is the one who is supporting hate, not those mayors who believe that we are all equal in the eyes of the law.

Two thousand years ago there were loads of inhumane practices that would fall under the BS of inhumane Christian tradition. Humanity has evolved since then, thank goodness!

Additionally, your so called Christian tradition has absolutely nothing to do with people who love one another, having the same rights to marry whomever they wish to marry, as all others enjoy.

Religious nutjobs need to understand that our Constitutional promise and gaurantees of equal rights, under our laws, mean for all citizens in our country, not just those who believe as you believve, and those rights do not come second to any personal or single religious ideology. Do you think Christians are the ONLY people in this country?

We have separation of church and state in this country, or haven't you heard?

Additionally, in America we take a dim view of hatred and discrimination against others simply because they are different from us.

Homophobia is a form of hatred, just as misogyny, and racism, is a form of hatred. Repiglicans are KNOWN for spreading these divisive hatreds, since they are unable to live and let live, as Jesus taught, and mind their own damned business.

G.

llotter
08-02-2012, 02:15 PM
So, it is nice to see you explain the thinking of the Left so concisely. It looks like if anyone disagrees with the Left's agenda, they must be just full to the brim with hate. The truth is exactly the opposite if you look at all the violence and perversion perpetrated by your friends.

Any, FYI, the Constitution is not the source of our right but merely protect those the God provided.

Gayle in MD
08-02-2012, 02:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, it is nice to see you explain the thinking of the Left so concisely. It looks like if anyone disagrees with the Left's agenda, they must be just full to the brim with hate.

<span style="color: #990000">No, it isn't the thinking of the left, it's the actual truth about how many groups of people that the hating of the right, offends, because the right are the haters who seek to discriminate against all those who do not share their beliefs, and it is the right which seeks to dictate to all others, and continually tries to deny others of their constitutional rights! </span>

The truth is exactly the opposite if you look at all the violence and perversion perpetrated by your friends.

<span style="color: #990000">No friend of mine perpetrates violence! Don't get me mixed up with the likes of you, knowon for praising murderers! </span>

Any, FYI, the Constitution is not the source of our right but merely protect those the God provided.

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any, FYI, the Constitution is not the source of our right but merely protect those the God provided.
</div></div>

Extremely poorly written sentence!

No one's God, wrote our constitution, FYI.

It was written by men of many faiths, and men of no faith in any God whatsoever, strict Atheists among them. Which is precisely why our Founders sought to write a Constitution based upon the Separation of Church and State!

"The Separation must be perfect and complete, or neither will survive."

Care to guess who wrote that?

G.

Soflasnapper
08-02-2012, 05:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just who is being intolerant, the president of Chick-fil-A who merely affirms the Christian tradition of two thousands years or the mayors of several large cities who put out the no-entry sign? </div></div>

If the mayors follow through with declining to let these new business locations get licensed and open, that is wrong and likely illegal, and will lead to lawsuits to prove that if necessary. (My prediction is that they will not, and will simply stick with rhetorical bashing, which is legal).

If the president had only expressed or affirmed his opinions, that might be far different. As we know, he's put some $5 million dollars behind lobbying FOR this position, which money he got from his company. That kind of money from his business is a perfectly acceptable reason for people opposing that position to boycott his outlets.

It's their pure 1st amendment right as much as his, and beyond speech, everyone has the right where to spend their money or not.

llotter
08-02-2012, 06:19 PM
I don't know of anyone on the Right this is complaining about boycotting by those on the other side, that is an expression of basic freedom. What was over the top was elected officials abusing their power by threatening to keep a legitimate business for expressing their religious beliefs. You are right, that is wrong and probably illegal. It really baffles me why the lefties aren't as disturbed by such abuse as the the rest of us.

Soflasnapper
08-02-2012, 06:36 PM
What was over the top was elected officials abusing their power by threatening to keep a legitimate business for expressing their religious beliefs.

Of course, and obviously so.

It really baffles me why the lefties aren't as disturbed by such abuse as the the rest of us.

Some are, but not as many as you'd think or I'd hope. It's all about whose ox is being gored, I guess.

No one on the right or the conservo side that I recall was much upset with Mayor Guiliani's trampling on various constitutional rights, even as he was repeatedly and always slapped down by the NY Supreme Court in his various censorship or money-stripping actions, based on his Catholicism. I think they applauded them at the time.

hondo
08-02-2012, 08:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It really baffles me why the lefties aren't as disturbed by such abuse as the the rest of us. </div></div>

Larry in VA..."James Kopp, A real Hero and martyr"

Au contraire, lotter. That quote disturbed me.
It baffles me that it doesn't disturb larry/johnny, eg and yugo.

llotter
08-02-2012, 08:30 PM
I was never a fan of Giulliani and I am not familiar with any scandals to which you refer. It might be that these are invented by the left media and you were taken in as though they were real.

That said, it really isn't relevant...two wrongs do not make a right.

LWW
08-03-2012, 03:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It really baffles me why the lefties aren't as disturbed by such abuse as the the rest of us. </div></div>

Larry in VA..."James Kopp, A real Hero and martyr"

Au contraire, lotter. That quote disturbed me.
It baffles me that it doesn't disturb larry/johnny, eg and yugo. </div></div>

If you paid attention you would know how stupid you look right now.

Soflasnapper
08-03-2012, 06:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was never a fan of Giulliani and I am not familiar with any scandals to which you refer. It might be that these are invented by the left media and you were taken in as though they were real.

That said, it really isn't relevant...two wrongs do not make a right. </div></div>

Rudy's scandalous illegal actions ended up in Supreme Court slapdowns many times, which is not a rumor or spin. It's the reason the so-called America's Mayor! (TM) was down to George W-level job approval ratings in NYC his last year or so, prior to 9/11 rehabilitating his image for unknown reasons.

But you are right about the two wrongs, and miss my point at the same time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

2 Aug 2012 08:29 AM
Letting Your Own Guy Cheat

Dan Ariely conducted an experiment where he asked participants to rate the acceptability of a candidate indulging in "ethically gray activities" in order to get elected:

What we found was that participants who were planning to vote Democratic indicated that Romney should be held to a fairly high ethical standard. Republican participants held a similar standard for Obama. But when participants happened to support the candidate in question whether Obama or Romney they indicated that ethically gray activities were approximately 3 times more acceptable.

If voters hold a double standard for the ethical conduct of their own candidate and the opposing candidate, the overall standard of ethics is likely to fall to the lowest common denominator.

</div></div>

Link to his study, (http://danariely.com/2012/07/30/partisan-standards-of-ethics/) h/t to Andrew Sullivan.

It's not right, it is not justified, AND it is human nature, apparently.