PDA

View Full Version : Bravo M. Phelps! Baltimore's Own Olympic Hero!

Gayle in MD
08-03-2012, 07:38 AM
Although Michael trained in several neighboring areas, as well as right in the city of Baltimore, he is a true son of Baltimore Maryland, the city just rated the 14th koolest city in our country, by Forbes magazine, BTW, and Michael has done us all proud.

Looking forward to the grand celebration for our Olympic hero when he arrives back home in Maryland as the greatest Olympic Medal winner of all times!

Sixteen GOLDS to date! Twenty Medals so far, and a possibility of more to come!

GO Michael! You make our country and our state very proud!

Kudos to our son of Maryland!

G.

Gayle in MD
08-03-2012, 08:32 AM
No interest in non political posts about American Heroes?

Soflasnapper
08-03-2012, 01:16 PM
Smokes teh pot, and so is controversial?

Sev
08-03-2012, 01:42 PM
HAHAHA!!!
Now you know how I feel when I post em. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Phelps is a superb athlete. He has 1 more event and he may capture another 3 in 3.

Its going to be many years until his record is surpassed.

LWW
08-03-2012, 03:34 PM
That Marylanders find a drunk driving pot head to be their hero is quite revealing.

eg8r
08-03-2012, 04:42 PM
LOL, if she wasn't such a witch every time she posted others would respond to her posts. Phelps just got another gold today. He is a monster in the pool.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
08-03-2012, 05:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HAHAHA!!!
Now you know how I feel when I post em. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Phelps is a superb athlete. He has 1 more event and he may capture another 3 in 3.

Its going to be many years until his record is surpassed.

</div></div>
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
And he did it!!!! Another Gold!

And yes, you're right, many years, if ever!

Bravo Michael! Wow, what an athlete, and what a nice guy, as well!

G.

Gayle in MD
08-03-2012, 05:41 PM
No. Not controversial at all.

He is an Olympic Star, a Record Breaking phenomenal athlete, and a very socially conscious and generous young man, who extends himself tremendously in helping other young people through his organization.

That is who he has always been, even before he became famous through his phenomenal success in the Olympics.

G.

Gayle in MD
08-05-2012, 07:59 AM
WOW! What a career, 22 career medals, 18 Gold! most decorated Olympian ever!

Bravo Michael!

Bravo Gabby as well!

Both have made tremendous sacrifices and years of dedication to their goals.

G.

Sev
08-06-2012, 06:59 AM
Hopefully he will decide to continue to contribute. Phelps as the US swim team coach in the future perhaps.

DiabloViejo
08-06-2012, 03:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That Marylanders find a drunk driving pot head to be their hero is quite revealing. </div></div>

LMAO! 22 career medals, 18 Gold and the most decorated Olympian ever! So much for that old "Pot will make you lazy and unmotivated" canard, huh Dub.

Way to go Dub! Yeah buddy, keep rooting against one of the greatest American athletes ever just to score some cheap points for your hate campaign. You are such a patriotic American aren't you! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/internet-memes-itll-ruin-your-career-they-said1.jpg

Gayle in MD
08-07-2012, 01:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hopefully he will decide to continue to contribute. Phelps as the US swim team coach in the future perhaps. </div></div>

I suspect his future contributions will be within his organization, but who knows?

I think he wants to finally live a life that does not evolve completely around a swim schedule. Time for a family and a more normal, less regimented life. More time to help youngsters through his own organization, who might otherwise be trapped in poverty.

I think Michael has only just begun to reach his potential in life, and that his future will be filled with more good deeds, more great contributions to society, even far beyond what we have already seen.

G.

Gayle in MD
08-07-2012, 01:48 PM
Up-date on Michael Phelps, and perhaps, some of his future plans....

G.