PDA

View Full Version : To Play If You Know It Will Be No Fun?

Sid_Vicious
08-03-2012, 12:53 PM
I have a dilema. There is an event coming up I've played in each year which I have become entirely and totally unhappy with which involves local corporations competing, I being this team's go to guy in the past, besides Spiderman that is. I felt this year would be different though because the venue had changed, the issues over a sucky CB having to play with for one, etc. etc etc.

Here's the meat of my question though. Is it wrong to just insist I am not playing in any event which I have such unhappines over? I quit leagues because I simply lost the fun in it, and I have been happier ever since. I've quit playing certain crappy people too and that has been a good decision. So, it prompted me to come here and ask whether anyone else just decides to "not go there" in events you have a pre conceived, personal unfun mentality.

Maybe there's an aspect of just sucking it up and playing for some personal benefit, but I usually play as badly as my attitude ahead of time predicts. Thoughts? sid

Rich R.
08-03-2012, 07:21 PM
IMHO, you should make the decision to play or not and stick by it until you change your mind. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Seriously, it is definitely your decision.

Fran Crimi
08-05-2012, 07:57 AM
My philosophy for myself about those things I'm really not happy about participating in ---- I decide whether or not it's important for me to attend. If the answer is yes then I suck it up and go. If the answer is no then I take a pass.